Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned Moran in the last thread. The video in the tweet below shows a sign that reads Moran Vista Camping Area.

Andrew Buncombe on Twitter (Video)
This is the campsite in Grand Teton scoured by FBI and park rangers in search for #GabbyPetito

Andrew Buncombe on Twitter
These are the showers at Colter Bay Village in Grand Teton, where TikTok witness Miranda Baker says she and boyfriend picked up Brian Laundrie, hitchhiking by himself on Aug 29 #GabbyPetito

How does tarp camping work? Do you set it up like tying to a tree? Use it like a blanket? I can’t picture it

ETA: I did search but I’m just getting ads for $600 tents like I’d ever try this myself

Here's how I've done it: in fair , warm weather, you spread the tarp out on the ground to protect from damp and sleep on top of it in a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. In colder or foul weather, you use the tarp to make a shelter by casting it over tree branches and anchoring it to the ground. And yes, you could also use it as a blanket, or tie it to a tree. :) The tarp is a basic survival piece. What's weird is that he insisted to MB that he had only the tarp, not a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. That was one of the unbelievable statements that made her suspicious. No one with any of the knowledge he claimed would go out equipped (or rather unequipped) like that.

This is a great discussion about GP. I am glad there is some focus on her now. There are many possiblities regarding where he was camping in relation to he Jackson Dam and how far it was to the camp spot where the van was parked. I am glad they seem to looking in the right area. I pray they find her.

Here's how I've done it: in fair , warm weather, you spread the tarp out on the ground to protect from damp and sleep on top of it in a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. In colder or foul weather, you use the tarp to make a shelter by casting it over tree branches and anchoring it to the ground. And yes, you could also use it as a blanket, or tie it to a tree. :) The tarp is a basic survival piece. What's weird is that he insisted to MB that he had only the tarp, not a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. That was one of the unbelievable statements that made her suspicious. No one with any of the knowledge he claimed would go out equipped (or rather unequipped) like that.

Agreed. You don't do tarp camping without a sleeping bag. And he didn't have one.

I can understand why a statement from the FBI would be more convincing, but it certainly doesn’t seem like they generally comment about tip credibility after looking through their press releases and media presence. It’s possible they leave that to the local authorities.

I found her to be credible but that may be because I’m a Mom who would have reacted exactly like her mom. I believe she did state that he said his name was Brian but did not mention Gabby by name.

I curious about giving credibility to a tiktok crime tipster. Police have said "her story" "might be credible." The FBI are conducting the investigation. Perhaps the FBI told police that police can report that "her story" might be credible. I bet they tell that to all the tipsters - their story "might be credible" and they'll be in touch.

But wouldn't you have both a bivvy sack and a tarp?

I can see not taking a tent, but the overnight temps were in the mid-30sF for that brace of days. Those aren't extreme lows, but only if you have a good sleeping bag. MB said that this guy's pack was almost empty and that he told them he did not take a sleeping bag. Lying out on a tarp in 30F overnight weather is a recipe for hypothermia, and BF claimed he'd done that for multiple days while remaining pristine and clean. I completely understand why MB's bs detector went up.
Plus we know they have a tent -- it was in their videos and photos -- so where was it?

I never actually looked at the job he posted. I merely laughed at the Indeed reference. But, off the cuff, I'd imagine you need at minimum an Associates Degree. I'd guess it's a bit heavy in science and math.
I see a lot of people on Instagram calling themselves nutritionists. Mostly from those who tried to segue their pyramid scheme into lifestyle coaching by using the “nutritionist” title but including things such as life coaching, motivation, and gym/exercise training. They don’t have any education to speak of though.

The FBI is responsible for closing the Spread Creek area earlier tonight in a search for Gabby. Several agencies are involved. This suggests a significant reason for doing this.

And then there's the huge manhunt for Brian.

Why would the police organize a search for him? He's a person of interest who probably wasn't under an advisory to stay at his parents' home and not leave town. His attorney made it clear Brian is exercising his right to remain silent.

Does a search like this require a judge's approval? What's the purpose? He hasn't been named a suspect. Would they conduct a search out of concern for his personal safety?

It sounds like Brian leaving his parents' home enabled the police to obtain a warrant to collect some of Brian's personal belongings for the search dogs. But why?

I'm now wondering if Brian's departure coincides with something he learned was about to happen. I am heartbroken for Gabby and Brian.

Gabby Petito: FBI and Park Rangers search campsite believed used by missing YouTuber
[...]

A team of FBI agents and park rangers have carried out a major search of a wild campsite believed to have been used by missing YouYuber Gabby Petito.

Several dozen officers from the FBI, the US Forest Service, Teton County Sheriff’s office and other agencies, spent hours on Saturday searching for clues at the site at Spread Creek Road, about 20 miles north of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

[...]

Officials have said very little about the search or what they may have found. The National Park Service said the operation was being led by the Denver office of the FBI. That office did not immediately respond to inquiries.

Yet, it appears the area, a so-called dispersal camping site which has no facilities appears to be considered for several reasons.

It is just a few miles from Jenny Lake, where a member of the public claims to have seen the white 2012 Ford Transit van that Ms Petito and her boyfriend were using for their cross-country trip, on 25 August.

It is possible that the couple may have stayed at the site. It has been widely reported that Ms Petito did tag numerous a number of potential campsites on an app called The Dyrt, among them this one.

It is also less than ten miles from where another visitor to the national park, Amanda Baker, said she and her boyfriend, gave a lift to Mr Laurie, who was hitch-hiking by himself on August 29.

[...]

Brian and Gabby were somewhere near Grand Trenton National Park on Aug 25, per her mother. The Aug 27 snapchat might be nearby since Gabby planned to meet a friend in Yellowstone on Aug 29. That leaves Brian with, let's say, 1 AM on August 28 until evening of Aug 29 to wander in the forest - perhaps hiding a body before he drops from exhaustion, 24 hours?

He had to get rid of a body so it will never be found. Twenty four hours later, at 1 AM on August 29, he would be exhausted, second thinking himself, needing sleep. On August 30, he has two choices - call in a missing person report, or drive straight home to Florida.

August 30 - 31, he drives to Florida, confirmed arrived on Sept 1.

That leaves from maximum 36 hours. It's not really enough to be wild camping for a few days. Furthermore, all that stress of hiding a body - he smelled clean?

View attachment 313253

View attachment 313254

The friend's birthday was Aug 29 and Gabby didn't call her. So that's why she worried. They were going to meet up at a later date.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again.

She was going to be in touch with her friend Rose on the 29th, her birthday, to plan to meet at Yellowstone later on.
I'm leaning to something having happened either the 28th, or 29th before she had a chance to contact Rose.....though anytime after the FaceTime with her mom on the 25th is possible too.
Her mom doest think the text received on the 27th was from her daughter.

My apologies if I misread that, I’m just miffed at how often people insinuate a lot about their relationship. I’ve seen too many posts implying he wasn’t a big part of her life or something similar. People have taken to this story because of that.

I understand. He was clearly a huge part of her life. It makes this all so much harder, IMO. And I appreciate your response very much.

Brian and Gabby were somewhere near Grand Trenton National Park on Aug 25, per her mother. The Aug 27 snapchat might be nearby since Gabby planned to meet a friend in Yellowstone on Aug 29. That leaves Brian with, let's say, 1 AM on August 28 until evening of Aug 29 to wander in the forest - perhaps hiding a body before he drops from exhaustion, 24 hours?

He had to get rid of a body so it will never be found. Twenty four hours later, at 1 AM on August 29, he would be exhausted, second thinking himself, needing sleep. On August 30, he has two choices - call in a missing person report, or drive straight home to Florida.

August 30 - 31, he drives to Florida, confirmed arrived on Sept 1.

That leaves from maximum 36 hours. It's not really enough to be wild camping for a few days. Furthermore, all that stress of hiding a body - he smelled clean?

View attachment 313253

View attachment 313254
There are showers at Colter Bay. It’s possible he had cleaned up.

The friend's birthday was Aug 29 and Gabby didn't call her. So that's why she worried. They were going to meet up at a later date.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again.
Do we know if the snapchat was a text or a photo snap? That would be really telling as to whether or not it was Gabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid