Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible.
As far as the discussion with M though, it could be an attempt to set up an alibi. I was camping on my own for a few days. She stayed in the van working on her blog.
(I don't believe for a minute he was out camping on his own, with that empty backpack no less)

She couldn't have been working on her Vlog - no WiFi in dispersed campgrounds. That's what's so utterly self-contradictory about that part of his story.

What about their tent? I am curious if he returned with their tent?

I have wondered about this as well. At the Presser the North Port Police held a few days ago, they had several posters up…one of GP, one or two of the van, and one of just the tent.

They did not mention the tent in the presser but it made me question whether the tent was recovered in the van.

I know. It's just that hiding a body is really hard. And so much more so in such a popular outdoorsy spot.

Do you have an argument at the edge of a cliff, or standing in deep water?

Or do you spontaneously walk far, far into an unscenic forest that no one else wants to go to?

It starts to feel like premeditation, though that makes no sense.

I agree with those who suspect this was a sudden break rather than anything premeditated. As for hiding her, she was so small. :( I could have picked her up and I'm an old woman. He could have carried her to a ravine or a crevice that was just enough off the beaten path to make her unnoticeable. How many times have hidden remains turned up in heavily-used state parks? There've been a couple of reports just in the last few weeks.

But you don’t need internet until you’re ready to publish, right? You can record video, make graphics, write text/captions and upload it all later.

I can’t imagine the battery she’d need for 3 days working on editing videos.

They could barely keep their phones charged.

I know. It's just that hiding a body is really hard. And so much more so in such a popular outdoorsy spot.

Do you have an argument at the edge of a cliff, or standing in deep water?

Or do you spontaneously walk far, far into an unscenic forest that no one else wants to go to?

It starts to feel like premeditation, though that makes no sense.
I'm not discounting a push or a drowning or any other method for that matter. Nor am I making any judgement about an accidental or premeditated death.

That said, as hard as it to hide a body, it's harder to carry or move one.

I really believe he was just checking to make sure she was still hidden before he left town, knowing that he would not be able to do that again. I believe that what had transpired between them, happened earlier.

To keep intimidating her to ensure that she would not rise above his level. Not really a plan, but that kind of guy hugely resents a woman more successful. It is commonly lost in the mistress stuff, but Chris Watts, another pleasant potted plant, murdered his wife just as her own home business took off to the point she was nearly equaling his salary, despite being pregnant, having 2 little girls and also autoimmune diseases.

Gabby was the only one with a plan and gumption.
Don't disagree. But that plan isn't... a plan. You can't keep going and fueling up your van and buying granola on the thrill of beating someone down emotionally.

If he wasn't a part of the social media stuff, then where did he expect to get money? It seemed to have already been so tight. This was not sustainable.

And since we now know he wasn't an aspiring insta-star, and that was more her, then he was in this "van life" to really be in this "van life." I can see that being a huge difference of philosophy. Doing the van life to escape the mainstream (BL) vs. doing the van life to make a name for oneself in the mainstream (GP). I understand clearly why this could have intimidated and/or threatened him, IMO. So I'm with you.

That’s possibly true, too. However, if he was leaving her in a huff would he have packed much? Also, he could have started out with more (food, water) and had depleted that by the time he was trying to get back. We don’t really know how empty that pack was…

Food isn't the big issue here - although he would definitely had less had he really been out for three days.

But the sleeping bag, and a lack of a sleeping pad, really rules out his story. It was 35° that night.

She couldn't have been working on her Vlog - no WiFi in dispersed campgrounds. That's what's so utterly self-contradictory about that part of his story.

not necessarily true. Lots of work can be done editing content and hours of videos and photographs into formats suitable for posting on SM without having internet access. I work in some crazy remote areas and am able to get a ton of work done without WiFi before I have to submit my work.

I don’t believe it either and I doubt he had a tarp.

I am thinking they planned an early morning hike up the Snake River. Somewhere along the way, he either ditches her or kills her, he continues up the Snake River to the showers, and hitchhikes back to the van.
I think this simple explanation is most likely. Thanks!

You also have to factor in the chance of being seen carrying her.

And the smell of death starts almost immediately. A body starts to emit gas within a short time and there is no way he could mask that on his person. That's why I think he just went back to make sure it was safe to leave town.

My supposition starts with the idea that they went off some distance to get a perfect Instagram sunset picture, not to close to be around a bunch of people but not so far that they couldn't get back before full dark. And then stuff went down hill fast. By the time he has carried her away from the spot and ditched her he has gotten himself lost. Might not have to go very far to get caught out after full dark and not be able to find your way back. Or heck maybe he just ran out into the wilderness after he realized what he did.

She could have definitely been working on it. I did RV life for a year and I'm also a blogger and YouTuber (not about RV life). WiFi is hard to get when you're traveling, but there are TONS of things you can do without WiFi like write posts, graphics, edit videos, etc. It's not as easy, but you just do what you can and save the most important tasks to get done with WiFi for when you can get it (like uploading everything).
I doubt she would want to stay alone while he went out for several days. And I doubt he would want to spend nights alone in the woods with his tarp and Mr Griz. I agree with you 100% about not needing internet to do all that, just that I think it's a big lie in the 1st place.

Here’s video of the NPPD spokesperson answering about the TikTok tipster. At 8:08

https://twitter.com/thenewsoncnbc/status/1439018696853401602?s=21
See that part where Shep says "Listen you could compel him to talk have you thought of that?" (paraphrase) I was posting about this last night. Florida allows for investigative subpoenas. They should have dragged him in. Doesn't matter if he said nothing. At least they would have seen him and had eyes on him. They never did this. Instead they just took the attorney's word and never self-verified, and that was a huge mistake.

At the end, Josh Taylor actually leaked something under Shep's direct questioning (I'm surprised he did this). He admitted they have no reason to believe Miranda TikTok's information is a hoax. (I bet he got in trouble for that, lol). Of course, we all pretty much knew it wasn't hoax already with the time stamped texts from her mother and the precise detail she provided.

I don’t believe it either and I doubt he had a tarp.

I am thinking they planned an early morning hike up the Snake River. Somewhere along the way, he either ditches her or kills her, he continues up the Snake River to the showers, and hitchhikes back to the van.
Well, that would really be premeditated. :(

Or dropped into a crevice
Could be, or over a cliff.
SAR in these rugged parts are experts though....there might be signs, broken twigs, pushed over shrubs or whatnot. This guy had no equipment with him. He's not an experienced outdoorsman or mountain man. Nor hunter likely. He's a kid. I have confidence that SAR will find her, if they can determine the general area.
At least I hope so.

Last edited:
Possible.
As far as the discussion with M though, it could be an attempt to set up an alibi. I was camping on my own for a few days. She stayed in the van working on her blog.
(I don't believe for a minute he was out camping on his own, with that empty backpack no less)
Right. Empty backpack when picked up from camping alone for a while, but a backpack full enough that it was secured with the waist-belt at the hip for a "day hike" last Tuesday in FL? Give me a break... (MOO!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa