Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good analysis. Also, IIRC one of the reporters said that there was no mustang in the driveway when he left on Tuesday night (not sure of the hour), but the mustang was in the driveway when he got there early Wednesday. So if they went to pick it up, it had to be before Wednesday morning. After that, they couldn't say he drove off with it, to keep their story straight. Let me know if I am remembering this wrong!
Is it possible a car was left there for him to switch to leaving the mustang?

IMO Gabby would be anywhere between WY and FL. Because BL isn't talking/is missing we can't really pinpoint a location. Well, we can't but LE could with cellphone data.

My thoughts also. Could be anywhere between WY and FL.
However, must be some leads that LE has that we do not know
for them (LE) to devote such big resources to search.

okay, just throwing this out there. I blew up the van picture to see if the door was infact open. Maybe? I realize it is really blurry, sorry not super great with graphics. If it was a tree the dark black patch would extend to the ground, it doesn't you can clearly see the bottom white part of the fan. It looks too wide to be the ladder, it wouldn't show up a thick black patch more thinner with white in between the black parts.

Also, just throwing this out there as it hasn't been brought up (maybe b/c it is pretty far fetched) but who is to say that if things went bad and she died that it happened outside of the van or far away from the van (where he would have to carry a body). If this is the case he could've drove with her body inside the van and dumped it anywhere along the way back to Florida. Probably not likely but this case is so bizarre anything is possible.

I've gone back and forth on this.

Right now I think the right rear passenger door was open, although not fully.

The video cuts off before they get there and then just restarts as they pull up even with the back of the van. They do make a comment about stopping to say Hi because the van has FL license plates and they are also from FL. It leads me to think the reason they say this is because they believe there was someone in the van, but the door closes, indicating the occupant wants privacy so they move on.

Perhaps LE asked them to remove the footage. I dunno. Right now, that's what makes sense to me

I also believe the hard case w/ foam the officer opens is a gun case. It makes even more sense if it was pulled from a glove box or trunk of the vehicle. ("lapse of time and pause for thought“). Not sure of FL gun laws, but I don’t think that part really matters here.

The parents must have given LE permission to open the car and specifically look for IMO the known firearm. Kind of interesting they didn’t want to do it. Maybe because of the crowds. Who knows. They are beyond frustrating and in way over their heads. IMO

I don’t think so. The officers are bringing the case up the driveway, they haven’t even gotten as far as the mustang when the other LE opens the case. I think it is more likely LE gear, either and evidence kit or latent fingerprint kit.

Cellphone data is probably the only thing that could exonerate Brian from suspicion at this point. Her phone data would need to show she was moving opposite of his before it completely stopped tracking to prove they were in fact separated and she was in fact alive, if true. Hopefully investigators obtain that information sooner rather than later.

If he left his phone in the van for Gabby’s potential final hike, it would look like that, so I don’t think that situation would necessarily exonerate him! Well, I’d hope not anyway…

The more I look at it, the more I think the dark area that appears to be an open door is actually the two tree trunks that are behind the van.
I agree, it's right in line with the tree trunks covering half the van at the angel they are coming up to the van from.

I also believe the hard case w/ foam the officer opens is a gun case. It makes even more sense if it was pulled from a glove box or trunk of the vehicle. ("lapse of time and pause for thought“). Not sure of FL gun laws, but I don’t think that part really matters here.

The parents must have given LE permission to open the car and specifically look for IMO the known firearm. Kind of interesting they didn’t want to do it. Maybe because of the crowds. Who knows. They are beyond frustrating and in way over their heads. IMO

There were a bunch of media and citizen cameras video taping every move outside to home. Does anyone know if there is any video of them removing this case from the car? I have a hard time believing they'd examine evidence like this in front of all of the cameras.

I watched the video of LE holding the case, opening it, shining a light, moving a piece of fabric. Would they really do this in front of the media cameras rather than in the house or in the police car if it was important evidence? My assumption was it was camera or electronic equipment from LE like lights.

Do you guys really think he left her at that park? I feel like she could be anywhere in the route he took back to Florida. Does LE have reason to believe that she is in that park somewhere and never left it?
I don't think that she was ever in the van deceased. Van has been inspected. Any dog would alarm if there had been a deceased person in it at any time. I think she was killed outside of the van and disposed of not too far away, because it would have been too difficult to drag or carry her a long distance.

The more I look at it, the more I think the dark area that appears to be an open door is actually the two tree trunks that are behind the van.

I don't see an open door. Also, if anyone was in their van they would have been able to hear approaching vehicles from a long way away. And had plenty of time to close the door before the vehicle was in eye-sight.

Yes I did think this. We are built to see figures faces where there aren't any. Plus the quality is not great.

It does look like a grainy shadow of a figure though. To whomever posted the frame by frame directions, thank you). So, if you go to 1:40 and go frame by frame hitting the period and comma keys you will see what others were referring to. The thing that bothers me most about this is that their video seems to skip several frames immediately after it.

The cool thing about a drive-by video like the one taken of the van at Spread Creek Campground, is that if you take screen shots of the video several frames apart you get a stereo pair of images. If you're good at doing the cross-eyed thingy, you get a nice 3D effect. I was hoping it would help me figure out what was on top of the book behind the van, but it still eludes me. Oh well.
Definitely look like her flip flops. His appear darker on the bottom.

Attachments

• FD73279A-098A-4C32-ABEC-AC34EF2CBCEF.jpeg
    FD73279A-098A-4C32-ABEC-AC34EF2CBCEF.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 111
  • D4C5C4CC-2BA5-4580-AA94-AE565550B0F1.jpeg
    D4C5C4CC-2BA5-4580-AA94-AE565550B0F1.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 106
Yes I did think this. We are built to see figures faces where there aren't any. Plus the quality is not great.
I also put it through photoshop and it appeared to be a shadow from the tree. Wouldn't be appropriate to post photoshopped imgs so I'm not going to, but if anyone has adobe photoshop you can import it, clarify and up the exposure after you crop it and it's fairly clear to see that it's a shadow from the trees. imo.

Does anyone else notice on this video at 1:33 the doors open a little bit, then closes by 1:39 or is it just my eyes I used the Ipad and that’s what I thought my eyes saw.

I slowed down the playback speed to .25 and it does indeed look like the back door is slightly opened at 1:33 then closes by 1:39.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean