Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible a car was left there for him to switch to leaving the mustang?

For some reason they really want to impress that the mustang was at the reserve. (family does). If they drove it back on Tuesday, worried about his life, why wait until Friday to call the PD, and Saturday to mention the Mustang? Seems to me they are trying to drag it out as much as possible to keep the cops busy. Sure they could have left another car for him. Or at some other entrance to the reserve where he would know to go to get out, with a handy car waiting, or car/driver.
This is along the lines of the thought I had posted previously. Why couldn’t someone also be ready to pick him up? Parents drop him off or they pick up the car later, but once they’re gone someone else picks him up. Meanwhile he’s already been in the CR previously to “spread” his scent. & he is off and running in another direction. Add in a mask or a shave and he can alter his looks too.

Just want to clear this up. The cops did carry that case in to the scene. It's on the WFLA J.B. Buinnos FB stream. The video is over 3 hours. I believe it's around the 2 hour 14 min mark.

Could you explain that more? I’m so sorry. I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time on here. I thought they went into the Laundrie house and then came out and looked in the trunk? What did they do in the trunk and where does the case come into play?

Thanks so much for your patience!

I assume the easiest thing for them to say is that they don't know whose it is, even if they do know. Helps to stop speculation that could influence BL's behavior? Me just trying to figure out why they would say this when it seems they must know who owns it.

06:10
said i can't leave her again fold over

MOO - he DID leave her AGAIN.
Alive or not, I'm not sure. Just haven't seen anyone pick this out of Brian's statement on the body cam. He has admitted he has done it before to her.

Just for clarification - Brian's parents CLAIMED that he left on Tuesday, and they CLAIMED that they went and brought back the car later that day, (assuming with a spare key). None of this has been proven, correct? They are just feeding a story.
As in, his father could have driven to the site, helped him out, then just drove back home?
It's suspicious that one day his truck is nice and shiny, then the next day he gets out of his mud-covered truck and has a huge bloody scratch on his leg.

I respect her mother's opinion, but I think she's wrong in that I think it's possible for him to have been in the park as of the early evening on the 29th, and in Florida *sometime* on the first. If he left after getting to the van, say by 9:00 PM, he would still have, potentially, up to 72 hours to complete a 35-40 hour drive. Totally do-able.
Especially if he is running on adrenaline.

Wait, do you mean 1:43-49 in the video?? Because 1:33 the van isn't even into view yet. I am just mainly seeing the angles of the black ladder on the back of the van, not really the back doors being slightly open and then shut.

No, I meant 1:33, you can just barely see it in the trees on the right side. I keep trying to upload a picture but it's not working.

Do you guys really think he left her at that park? I feel like she could be anywhere in the route he took back to Florida. Does LE have reason to believe that she is in that park somewhere and never left it?

The only reason why I think so is because of his rush to get back to the van was so great he was willing to pay $2oo to get there and it was only 10 minutes away.Why else would he be in such a rush to get back to the van?

If they were looking to see if a gun was in there that makes me even more convinced he may have been intending to kill himself.

But the lapse in time when it comes to the family reporting him missing is confusing and tends to lean me away from that theory. Why would they wait that long?
Because they're in over their head & consumed with anxiety & panic about their son & not thinking straight. Because they knew if they reported him missing he would look even more guilty, and they have done *everything* in their power to prevent that from happening. And, who knows, he might have told them he just needed a few days by himself to get his head straight.....

I can’t wrap my mind around this one. How do they not know? I assume it isn’t stolen if the parents are picking it up and driving it around. What is the simple explanation to this that I can’t seem to reach at the moment?
I have no idea. Is anything verified outside BL’s parents at this point? It seems they just lie, lie then lie some more.

What are they thinking?!?! And how can police not know whose car this is?? Please tell me they are searching based on something other than the parents’ word here.

I wonder if he told his parents he was going for a hike and camping so to go ahead and pick up his car so it wasn't parked there overnight. Then, after two days goes by and they didn't hear from him, maybe they started to worry. Or, maybe on Friday they realized a gun was missing?
Wouldn't his parents have told LE that?

But the lapse in time when it comes to the family reporting him missing is confusing and tends to lean me away from that theory. Why would they wait that long?

Going backwards a bit for clarification.. . . when did BL's parents take his car away from the park and why? Is my memory is correct it was a day or more after he went 'hiking'?? And did they take the car so he would be forced to call them? (this has to be on a very early thread, just revisiting and asking if someone knows that answer). thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA