Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he killed her in a fit of passion, and then had to deal with the cards dealt (location, etc.) I think he left, hoping that she would be found by others when he was away, so he could say he wasn't even there, he'd left her fine at the van, working on social media, so something must've happened in his absence. Later, he returned to the site, and then left in the van because no one had found her yet. After that, his plan makes no sense at ALL, because there's no conclusion to draw from his subsequent behavior but guilt guilt guilt.
see i'm having a lot of trouble with the timeline too..
for example: ok, he kills her on the 27th, then hikes 20 miles up snake river to dispose of evidence until hes picked up on the 29th at 6pm.. but this just sounds weird because she actually *wasnt* killed in a super remote part.. it's not like she was found miles and miles away. she was actually extremely close to many people. even people who were camping on the same side of the creek and closer to her than her van which was only 900ft away. so her body was there for 2 days , leaving the van and her body to be found ? the van was parked illegally and people remember seeing it because it was strange looking. so even if he left her body inside the van, hes extremely lucky no one called rangers out to ask them to move. it's honestly just really bad luck her body hadn't been found sooner.

what if he kills her when he got back from his 20 mile multi-day hike ? he gets back, gets pissed that maybe she didn't get much done on her blog or whatever she was working on... maybe the time away from him she decided she needed to break up with him and says that when he gets back... (but lets be honest, i don't think he'd let her out of his sight) kills her on sunday evening, when there would be less people around since its a sunday and people maybe had to work on monday. but if thats the case, someone would've had to have seen her the whole weekend. i can't imagine she'd just stay holed up in the van the whole time, she would've had to go outside to go to the bathroom, stretch her legs, etc...

its all so odd.

Another long time lurker who can’t resist joining the discussion.

I’m pretty sure that Utah has a mandatory arrest statute for DV and that if there is not a primary aggressor, both will be arrested. Although I agree that he may have been an aggressor, there was not enough evidence to say he was the primary. She said the opposite.

More importantly, in these arrests, there’s usually just a 12 hour hold and then they would both be released. I think Moab LE gave them both a 12 hour hold in a kinder way than giving them a criminal record. And, as both would have been released, it’s highly likely they would have continued on after release in the same way they did here. It is misplaced to say that Moab LE has responsibility in what happened. It’s all on Brian in my opinion.

thank you for writing what I was struggling to succinctly put into words. Nothing LE did or did not do two weeks before her death contributed to her death. BL IMO was the sole proximate cause of her death.

For people more familiar with the area Gabby was found, would it be reasonably possible for Brian to have killed her without anyone being aware? Maybe not necessarily the act but from some people's description the area seemed relatively crowded at the time. I remember seeing at least two other vehicles along the road during the vloggers' footage. Gabby has presumably been at that location since around the 27th. Could she have easily gone unnoticed? I honestly don't know the area well enough.

Not sure if it's been said before, but I didn't see anything under that tent; it was off to the side where the people were gathered. It's so strange that it was where the red arrow was pointed on that dashcam (unless I'm mistaken and it was in another area). (Sorry for this being my first post on this case! UK here and up too late!) Absolutely gutted by this news - had held a small piece of hope Gabby would be found after running out of charge. Really gutted.

It's clearly near the line and now I'm not sure on which side. The park/forest boundary there is an east/west line that Spread Creek Road appears to cross at least once.

I wonder if anything will hinge on whether the location where she was killed is possibly a different jurisdiction than the location where she was found! Fortunately it's fed land either way, but different agencies (NPS is Dept of Interior, National Forests are under Dept of Agriculture).
This is one of those technicalities that will keep us all on our toes and we will soon become internet experts on federal vs state jurisdiction.

I did google who prosecutes crimes in Grand Teton National Park ( so proud of my intellectual search!) and it told me it was definitely US Justice Department with US Attorney for Wyoming having charge of the prosecution.
Bring in the FBI and you have major firepower here.

I thought the same. However, if you watch the families video that captured the location. They make a statement about every camp spot being full.

GB van was small enough to park in the location of road if everything was full.
Right. But didn’t the lady say they were heading down further to find a place (for them) where it was less crowded? IDK but after many many years of camping and boondocking it’s very uncommon to see someone park like that unless they were day hiking or just fishing and not actually camping there. Maybe it’s just me.

This is the tent adjacent to the area where Gabby was found that people were asking about. It does not appear to be a typical crime scene tent and notice the figure 8 of crime scene tape adjacent to this tent. I was trying to figure out if this was Gabby's tent. You can see the associated video in its entirety here - Gabby was very close. And you can see the crime scene tent as well. Log In or Sign Up to View
Yes I saw this from the aerial footage. Does anyone know anything about this tent?

Maybe it was originally taped off out of caution and later found to not be relevant? or maybe it was their tent?

I'd be interested to know if he was in West Yellowstone as one witness stated. Because if accurate, he was alone when there.

West Yellowstone, that's in Montana, correct?

I don't ever recall any talk of him being seen there, but there have been a few posts I may have missed as this thread is going along QUICKLY!

But that's the thing: I posted earlier about the sites at Spread Creek. Where he was parked does not appear to me to be a campsite at all. It is possible he did not kill her there. They need to know information on the 27th and 28th. I'd be interested to know if he was in West Yellowstone as one witness stated. Because if accurate, he was alone when there.
yeah the van was in an odd place, which i would think would grab attention. idk, if i killed someone and was hiding the body, i wouldn't put my van somewhere that would look out of place and stick out like a sore thumb. i'd try to park somewhere appropriate and less memorable. especially if leaving it for days.

see i'm having a lot of trouble with the timeline too..
for example: ok, he kills her on the 27th, then hikes 20 miles up snake river to dispose of evidence until hes picked up on the 29th at 6pm.. but this just sounds weird because she actually *wasnt* killed in a super remote part.. it's not like she was found miles and miles away. she was actually extremely close to many people. even people who were camping on the same side of the creek and closer to her than her van which was only 900ft away. so her body was there for 2 days , leaving the van and her body to be found ? the van was parked illegally and people remember seeing it because it was strange looking. so even if he left her body inside the van, hes extremely lucky no one called rangers out to ask them to move. it's honestly just really bad luck her body hadn't been found sooner.

what if he kills her when he got back from his 20 mile multi-day hike ? he gets back, gets pissed that maybe she didn't get much done on her blog or whatever she was working on... maybe the time away from him she decided she needed to break up with him and says that when he gets back... (but lets be honest, i don't think he'd let her out of his sight) kills her on sunday evening, when there would be less people around since its a sunday and people maybe had to work on monday. but if thats the case, someone would've had to have seen her the whole weekend. i can't imagine she'd just stay holed up in the van the whole time, she would've had to go outside to go to the bathroom, stretch her legs, etc...

its all so odd.

I don't see any confirmation of him being anywhere near the actual Snake River. At all.

She was close to some people (I wouldn't say "many many" as compared to Colter Bay - where there are thousands).

Not super remote? Where do you live? Because first of all, Grand Teton NP is remote. And then, instead of staying in the park, they go to dispersed unsupervised camping which is more remote than Yellowstone or Teton. People die in both parks due to remoteness (accidents) every year.

He never went on a 20 mile multi-day park (near the Snake River or otherwise). He may have walked from the campground to Colter Bay - there's time and evidence for that.

You think he killed her for her lack of blogging? Surely there's something else wrong (like his mental health) than just lack of blogging?

I think it was more spontaneous. Both of them had to go outside to relieve themselves - I doubt that either was pooping/peeing in the van. They were used to this, although Gabby had mostly planned to stay in more developed campgrounds. The Teton/Yellowstone area is tremendously impacted in terms of camping.

Where was the van parked illegally?

I have not seen that anywhere.

Do we know why this reporter is watching the house? Is there an expectation that the Laundrie's are there? I suspect they've left as well (just my opinion).

I gather because of very heavy LE presence. Red lines painted in the road to keep everyone away. And the expectation something might happen. like LE showing up with a search warrant.

This is the tent adjacent to the area where Gabby was found that people were asking about. It does not appear to be a typical crime scene tent and notice the figure 8 of crime scene tape adjacent to this tent. I was trying to figure out if this was Gabby's tent. You can see the associated video in its entirety here - Gabby was very close. And you can see the crime scene tent as well. Log In or Sign Up to View

I dont think this is the tent set up where the body was found. This one is right along the road and does not look like the tent shown in Gabby’s videos. Maybe it’s a tent set up to process evidence.

The other one was set up across the River from the road and where the van was seen parked in the witness video.

Here’s a screenshot of the other tent/canopy

Attachments

• 2B651A2E-872A-4727-893D-4A200AA9ACD0.jpg
    2B651A2E-872A-4727-893D-4A200AA9ACD0.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 170
Re: "crimes of passion", just saying:

passion
[ pash-uhn ]
See synonyms for: passion / passions on Thesaurus.com

noun
any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
I know that that is what passion means, but a crime of passion seems to me to be a euphemism for a rage assault or murder. One that waters it down.

Listening to Brian Entin's livestream. He's taking questions.

I am inferring from his answer to one question that the van being in the Laundries' driveway is the only proof that Brian was ever in FL, and there's no other proof of his presence there aside from what his parents have claimed.

Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member