Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may already know this but what I do to get rid of the annoying videos is ( I’m on an IPad).. I go to Settings., Safari., Advanced., and I disable or turn off JavaScript. Helps a lot.
Only downside is you can’t tag another member and if you Like a post it adds another step ( annoying!) and of course if someone shares a video clip it won’t play. I toggle it off and on,
JMO
OMG Thank you! I thought I had tried all the suggestions to disable that video, but this worked!

(ugh except then I can't see my email or twitter so yes I'll have to toggle back and forth, but for days like today when I'm going through page after page after page on WS, what a relief to not have to x out that d*mn video each and every time...)

You have my eternal gratitude!

The parents picking up his car just has no rational logical reasoning.

But yourself in that position.

NONE.

moo

I can promise one thing: the Mustang has pecuniary value.

That's one very good reason to go out and pick it up, KWIM? Lawyers cost money.

Also, maybe the parents knew Brian was intending to meet up with someone somewhere who has a different vehicle instead.

Maybe they don't. Maybe he's just running around aimlessly, and they have no control over what they do, except not losing control of the car.

Maybe they are communicating via text, etc., and they are hoping to be the ones who go out and pick him up somewhere at some time (if so, I wish them luck doing so undetected at this point; but they've had lots of luck from the (in)curious North Port police reactions thus far, so maybe they will get it).

The parents picking up his car just has no rational logical reasoning.

But yourself in that position.

NONE. moo
If this report is true and the parents did not disclose this to the police or FBI in their MP report 3 days later they have committed an offense and could and should be brought in. But, we didn't know what the police (or FBI) were told.

Does anyone know if there are any hotels near the laundries’ home? I don’t think he’s lost in the woods.
There are not a lot of hotels in that area at all, and they are in the opposite direction of his "hike" or North or South on the Interstate. We lived in North Port for 10 years and it was really annoying when we had people come into town to visit that they had to stay so far away. (We moved in 2014, so before Airbnb was super popular)

what is everyones best guess as to why LE has closed off the road in front of the Laundries home?
crowd control? Search warran about to be issued? arrest made?

Probably because the crowds/mob at the Laundries' would have been 10x what we saw Friday night now that they've found Gabby's body. (Not to say there couldn't also be an impending arrest.)

I’ve stru
see i'm having a lot of trouble with the timeline too..
for example: ok, he kills her on the 27th, then hikes 20 miles up snake river to dispose of evidence until hes picked up on the 29th at 6pm.. but this just sounds weird because she actually *wasnt* killed in a super remote part.. it's not like she was found miles and miles away. she was actually extremely close to many people. even people who were camping on the same side of the creek and closer to her than her van which was only 900ft away. so her body was there for 2 days , leaving the van and her body to be found ? the van was parked illegally and people remember seeing it because it was strange looking. so even if he left her body inside the van, hes extremely lucky no one called rangers out to ask them to move. it's honestly just really bad luck her body hadn't been found sooner.

what if he kills her when he got back from his 20 mile multi-day hike ? he gets back, gets pissed that maybe she didn't get much done on her blog or whatever she was working on... maybe the time away from him she decided she needed to break up with him and says that when he gets back... (but lets be honest, i don't think he'd let her out of his sight) kills her on sunday evening, when there would be less people around since its a sunday and people maybe had to work on monday. but if thats the case, someone would've had to have seen her the whole weekend. i can't imagine she'd just stay holed up in the van the whole time, she would've had to go outside to go to the bathroom, stretch her legs, etc...

its all so odd.
I was having trouble with the timeline as well but from what I can gather from the ones that actually saw the van and reported it to the FBI the van was not parked in a designated spot at the campsite. Which is what actually drew attention to it. That was on the 26th. No one saw Gabby but they did see her flip-flops and have pictures of her flip-flops behind the van on the 26th but never physically saw her only him. Her body was found in a remote area at that camp ground. Spread Creek, which is not far from Coulter Bay. IMO he panicked left the van hiked/hitchhiked to Colter Bay I don’t think any of this was premeditated this is a DV situation with a kid who I’m sure is very mentally unstable. So in his panic he went to Colter Bay then hitchhiked to Jackson Dam & realized they were going the wrong route, he wanted the other route that would take him to Spread Creek, so he got out at the dam & went to where the van was and drove home to FL from there. I question whether he left her body in the van or whether he killed her on their hike. I honestly don’t know or that it even matters. He got back to the van on the 29th & was home in FL on 9/1. What’s crazy is that the van kids/young adults on Tiktok really are the reason the FBI found her. They sent pictures of exactly where that van was parked with her hat on the dash and her sandals behind it. And not far from there is exactly where they found her body hats off to those kids for doing the right thing.

It's much worse today because so many people are on this site to follow the Gabbi case. I'm amazed the site is still up with all this traffic, frankly.
You may already know this but what I do to get rid of the annoying videos is ( I’m on an IPad).. I go to Settings., Safari., Advanced., and I disable or turn off JavaScript. Helps a lot.
Only downside is you can’t tag another member and if you Like a post it adds another step ( annoying!) and of course if someone shares a video clip it won’t play. I toggle it off and on,
JMO

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I want to comment on the work that everyone has done here in order to add clarity and help provide another set of eyes . IMO This site has operated with the utmost integrity and tries to make a difference. When an outcome like this happens it is devastating. That being said, prayers for GP family
Indeed, Tricia runs a tight ship. :)

Yes, I saw it too but can't find it. It said basically that Brian left in the car on Tuesday, they went to the Reserve on Wednesday and saw the police posting, but decided to see if he drove back on his own. They went Thursday and drove the car back home themselves. It said they looked around the area either Wed or Thurs (or both) and didn't find him. They called the police Friday to report him missing.

Sorry I couldn't find the source but this is fresh on my mind.
I think BL left a note in the car at the reserve. I don't have any proof, but that's what I think, when found, prompted his parents contact with LE.

what is everyones best guess as to why LE has closed off the road in front of the Laundries home?
crowd control? Search warran about to be issued? arrest made?
Crowd control for now. That house has been the site of a circus atmosphere for almost a week now, and emotions couldn't possibly be higher at this very moment.

So I think that is the primary motivation for clearing the area, but I do also think they need it clear for an upcoming search.

I'll just say this, as a man, you are responsible for not escalating your S/O's emotions to the point of causing them extreme distress, breakdowns, and inciting physical violence against yourself. You are not emotionally mature enough for a relationship.

If that's the case, you can't handle that woman and should take time to work on yourself and find spiritual, mental, and emotional growth.

Sure, there are abusive women. That is distinct from this point.

For people more familiar with the area Gabby was found, would it be reasonably possible for Brian to have killed her without anyone being aware? Maybe not necessarily the act but from some people's description the area seemed relatively crowded at the time. I remember seeing at least two other vehicles along the road during the vloggers' footage. Gabby has presumably been at that location since around the 27th. Could she have easily gone unnoticed? I honestly don't know the area well enough.

The couple that posted GPs van video posted a full unedited video of the entire park. It’s worth watching because it gives a view of the camp sites and how far apart they are.

IMO she could have gone unnoticed but I don’t think it would have been for much longer even without a search. It’s remote for sure but there are definitely plenty camping and hiking back there.

I think he killed her in a fit of passion, and then had to deal with the cards dealt (location, etc.) I think he left, hoping that she would be found by others when he was away, so he could say he wasn't even there, he'd left her fine at the van, working on social media, so something must've happened in his absence. Later, he returned to the site, and then left in the van because no one had found her yet. After that, his plan makes no sense at ALL, because there's no conclusion to draw from his subsequent behavior but guilt guilt guilt.

I agree. IMO he left her body and the van there and tried to give himself an alibi with the story he told MB (the Tiktoker) and her husband about being away from her hiking and her being left alone. Part of what made MB suspicious, aside from his lack of supplies, was the way he kept emphasizing those points over and over as he talked to them.

I think BL was hoping that if he was really lucky, her body would be found and her death ascribed to an animal attack, but if not then he could claim someone else must have killed her while he was away. Then when he got back to Spread Creek and no one had found her, his Clever Plan fell completely apart and he panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul