Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So moving off the discovery into where he might be...Does anyone else think he has somehow made it to Georgia and perhaps the beginning of the Appalachia Trail? Several posts from their and I found at least 2 hikes they made in Georgia and this follow on BLs IG...
Login • Instagram
If he's on the AT, he'll be recognized. Hikers and hostel owners, as well as community and LE, keep an eye out...

photos prove that isn’t true. The car appeared sometime between when the reporters left Tuesday night and arrived on Wednesday. It did not move for days after that. The parents’ statement that they picked it up Thursday morning is a lie.

I guess I should have rather said, “according to the article” their lawyer shared that the car was finally picked up Thursday morning.

Is there any known footage of BL’s trip from WY back to FL with the van? No gas station footage? No toll road camera footage? I’ve yet to see a verified report he actually drove the van himself back to FL by 9/1. This is the only facts in the timeline still bugging me and not actually verified yet.

How do you know other people were as close or closer to the location of her body as her van was? Are you personally familiar with this area? The Berthune video, while brief, did not lead me to conclude that. Some sightlines do appear clear where not treed but even a headlamp at night would not be suspicious to other campers, IMO.

I don't think he went on a 20-mile hike either. No reason to. Lots of opportunities to dispose of evidence there and on his route home.

Some people are not convinced it was him the Tic Toker picked up, either. There's a lot we don't know. Would the dogs have hit on her scent if he put her on top of the van to transport her to where she was found? Lots of questions. I hope we get lots of answers.

#JusticeForGabby

MOO
Berthune's video they say that the area was very crowded. but there are multiple instagrammers posting pics and videos of them being in the immediate area. if you go to @the.curly.nomad and look at the gabby petito highlight, they share their own, friends, and others videos. do i know if they're a credible source? i don't. but they made some of their posts 2-3 days ago, which is before berthune's video.

Question: Can someone leave traces of a person's scent in an area without the person being present? LE said BL's scent was identified at the Reserve. Could someone else have placed it there via articles of BL's clothing left for a period of time and then retrieved?

MOO.

Obviously. They could also have left their own clothing.

Hey, thank you for this. Could you let me know where I can find the footage with the door closing?
TIA

Here it is.

I admit, it does look and sound like a door slamming shut. It could just be the ladder though. There camera was on the outside of the car and I think it had some schmutz on it. Hard to see details.

So many of the cases that blow up and get media attention have one thing in common: no one reported the victim missing for an unreasonable amount of time.

I think the average person is just shocked by the callousness of hiding that someone you love is harmed and then the (usually) much more difficult LE investigation that follows.

Gabby Petito’s family ‘forever grateful’ for work of police, FBI, search teams, family attorney says | PIX11

“Your tireless work and determination helped bring Gabby home to her parents,” the statement from the law office of Richard B. Stafford said. “The family and I will be forever grateful.”

Stafford asked for privacy for Petito’s family.

Oh, my, of course that brings tears to my eyes -- anyone else?
That poor woman, and father, and stepfather, and all of them. At least they know now for sure, and instead of planning a wedding (maybe), they will now plan a funeral for one of the best & brightest. SMH. <sigh>

I'm curious about what time she snapchatted with her friend...because I think it was after that or a while after, that they got in another argument and he killed her and disposed of her.....THEN took off on his "hike" late on the 27th or early on the 28th to colter bay area, cleaned up and returned on the 29th. Probably had moved the van to a campsite before he left so it wouldn't be just off the road...and maybe set up a tent to look like it was occupied.
IMO he went to Colter Bay to buy a tarp and get very washed up. No hiking.

Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

6146271b4ca79.image.jpg

Law enforcement preps for the search for Brian Laundrie near the entrance of the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve near North Port.

• PHOTO BY CHEYENNE EMERICH
6146271d2dab9.image.jpg

Law enforcement in a side-by-side off-road vehicle head into the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Reserve near North Port on Saturday.

• PHOTO BY CHEYENNE EMERICH
6146271f4db37.image.jpg

Law enforcement officers head into the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Reserve near North Port on Saturday.

So wait, is Miranda’s story true then, about the hitchhiking? I can’t find this now, but I thought yesterday Gabby’s mother said they weren’t considering that credible because the timing (of the 29th) didn’t work with him supposedly getting back to FL on the first (which I’ve seen worked out by many that it’s totally possible, even if no one flew out to help him drive back). I wonder if Miranda’s Jeep was inspected for his prints or anything? To prove he was in there?
He may have already been on the road by then. She probably knows more than we do. I would think LE would know approximately when he left based on tollbooth/ traffic cameras.

Agree… no indication whatsoever of burial in the unedited aerial footage, period.
I assumed the people standing close together were shielding whatever they'd found from the view of the helicopter. I don't think they'd let it hover over and film the grave site or remains.

They were standing around a bush.

MOO but I am pretty sure the remains were found on the other side of the creekbed and couldn't be driven too. I think its also slightly beyond where the van was parked. The class C youtubers who shot the video of the van went to the end of the road and there were at least 3 more RV's there alond with the campers before they passed the van.

I thought what was interesting was in the (approved) RV raw video, when the RV turned around, a Jeep drove up the road and past the RV. The people in that Jeep would have driven right by the white van too. If during that brief period of time BOTH an RV and a Jeep drove by, how many other people spotted it over the 4ish day period the FBI is asking about?

I hope so many people drove by and said what a dumb spot for that van and took a picture!!

They heard the words and missed the story. Experienced cops I’ve known would have reacted very differently. You don’t do “bro time” with suspects. Because they were at that point, suspected of some public altercation.

The real story was his control of her car & car keys. He put himself into a position where she could be abandoned, which was what she feared. He was trying to first leave with her vehicle then leave with the keys. And he knew that made her fearful & anxious. She was trying to get HER car keys back. A shared vehicle but she owned it & he had no right to deny her access.

What she indicated on the video was that he grabbed her face, she indicated how he grabbed her, and she said it hurts when she touches her face there and indicated where it hurt. I don't think there were any marks or bruising at that time as it had just happened.

The redacted police report states in the section by Officer Pratt that he grabbed her face, but does not indicate he saw marks on her face. Officer Robbins section does not talk about her telling him he grabbed her face.

So what likely can be proven as to BL’s involvement in GP’s death?

If he left her to return to FL as reported, plane tickets and airline cameras can be verified. Same with return to Wyoming. He hitchhiked a ride in the area, and he can be IDed in that location. That the van then disappeared from where it was parked and showed up in the Laundries’ driveway is stronge evidence that he drove it back there. His parents’ have stated that he was in FL, at his house, disappeared on Tuesday.
Autopsy might be able to closely set time of Gabby’s death and cause.

Will there be sufficient evidence to accuse and convict BL of GP’s desth?

I just want to add: his "self-consumption" was symbolic

I completely agree. “Self-Consumption” is symbolic not only in that it meant for one person only, but it is also written in the third person. Interesting in that BL is dissociating himself from the playlist and the event itself. It is meant for self-consumption. It is meant for that person’s self-consumption. The person driving the van. The person who may not be himself, as he once saw himself. MOO.

Sorry if this has already been said, I can't keep up with the thread!

I would like to know where Gabby's phone pinged on August 30th, when the text "No service in yosemite" was sent? Brian must have been on his way home by then, if he made it back to Florida by the 1st. Can't they find out where the phone was when it sent that message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa