Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you zoom in on the bottom/ front circle it clearly looks like her flip flop. (I’m not speculating on the back item as I personally don’t see what was seen by others.)
I think there’s two flip flops there. If you zoom in you can see what looks like 3 straps. I remember reading she had OCD, so maybe she took them off prior to getting in the van

IMO likely unrelated. It was mixed in with the initial footage of the scene, including shots of the river and shots of LE walking into the site.

It was a separate shot and there was no reference to it, nor any LE around it. If I had to guess, it could just be from the area and unrelated. It does not match the tent documented in their travels.

My understanding is the "note" was a standard notification left under the windshield by LE informing the owner that the car needed to be moved or would be towed.

It wasn't a note written by Brian or anyone in his family.

So he went to the reserve and parked illegally for one day?

The reporter was Brian Entin and he had a series of 4 tweets showing different days on the same driveway and documented when the mustang was there and when it wasnt. Tuesday tweet: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721
Entin video is at 7pm. BL’s parents say BL left on Tuesday, Acc to police. BL could have left anytime before that video. LE will check all neighbors’ videos that show Laundrie’s driveway and determine exactly when the Mustang was in the driveway

I think protecting a child, any child, from dealing with the consequences of their actions is bad parenting, and does not reflect, in any way, the amount of love that a parent has. Even worse, protecting a child AT THE EXPENSE of others suffering is teaching a child to be a sociopath. Jmo.
She said she can have compassion for BL’s parents… but what about the suffering of GP’s mom and dad? And her step parents? She also had a very loving family as we can all tell. I am no mother but my mom always told me “if you ever murder someone or do anything in between those lines I’m not covering for you, it’s your price to pay”

I am really struggling to keep up with this thread. So apologies if this has already been discussed to death.

I took a screenshot from the 4k high definition version of the drive by of the van. Here it is for people who want to see it (as always, it is only cropped, no zooming or other editing effects on my part as per the TOS):

gabbyvan.png

I think those flip flops look too big to be Gabby's and they are more substantial and without the beading/bling hers had. IMO.

On the body cam footage, BL is wearing flip flops which are plain and match the ones in this shot more, I think.

I am also intrigued by the discrepancy of the decals. Somewhere along the way on the trip back, BL put more stickers on the back of the van. (assuming Gabby was dead around 27-29th)

When I tried to figure out which ones were added, it gave me chills. Correct me if I am wrong but the ones added were "Today is a Great Day" and "Life is Good in the Woods".

Since it was reported that the Van-life trip was meant to end in Oregon on Halloween, doesn't that make Gabby's final post being the "Happy Halloween" one even more sinister? Like if BL was say, well the trip ended...early.

At the end of the day, even if Gabby's death was accidental or suicide, the fact that he notified no one, took her van and possibly posted messages pretending to be her after the fact seems pretty suspicious.

That final text message is a lie. They weren't at Yosemite or Yellowstone. She'd already told her mum on the 25th she was in Grand Teton. She has to have been dead by the 30th. So who posted that, if not Brian. And why? To obscure proof of life.

Another telling sign, was she was willing to take the blame,and she did mention that he stressed her out. Also she couldn’t stop crying, another real important sign that she has bought his accusations hook line and sinker, unable to defend herself. So sad, blessings to her family.

She was friggin walking on eggshells …trying not to be punished. Him threatening to leave her out there. I can only imagine the price she paid post the police pull over. I could tell which way his ego blew as soon as he started to paint himself the victim.
I can’t write what I really want to…may justice prevail …sure & swift.

MOO

I have the same question someone posted earlier, but never saw an answer to.

Could his "scent" have been planted? TIA
In a sense it's possible. For example, he could have driven there, walked around for an hour and then been driven back out to leave a scent trail. Or something he had worn could have been dragged through the area and left a scent. So yes, his scent could have been planted either by him being there for the purpose of leaving a scent trail or something of his could have been dragged through by someone else.

I have been pondering.

If BL was responsible for her death in any way, all he had to do was turn himself in and say what happened.

Even if what happened was he got enraged and choked her to death, that might have been a case for leniency, depending on the circumstances and proof and signs of remorse.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT Gabby is in any way responsible for her own death. OF COURSE NOT.

Just saying that a clever defense attorney could have reasonably gotten him off with a lighter than warranted sentence had he just come clean in the beginning.

I've heard both -- that she was "not visible" (covered by leaves or whatever) and also that from helicopter footage that it was "very obviously" a small female, and clothes could still be seen. So I don't know which to believe either.

I also haven't been able to find any of the aerial footage, the search on WS crashes for me every time (assuming because it's swamped right now) and there's nothing coming up for me on Google. Would so appreciate a link if you have and it isn't an inconvenience. Thank you!!

If you search KSL Chopper 5 Gabby Petito, you should find the helicopter footage on their Facebook.

This is my first post on Gabby‘s thread her father just moved my town in June. I have so many questions.
Where did the info come from the van appeared on September 1st?
Do people think BL has/had a gun?
Will a search of the BL house happen soon? Will charges come soon?
I have a ton more but need to try to catch up on this fast moving thread.
IMO his parents seem to be more of accomplices than parents. He’s not at that park. He could just as well never have driven home as well as he has never left that house. Seems most information on his whereabouts has not been reliable. If he’s alive he will be found quickly as he is neither savy, smart or a survivalist. I am thankfully that gabbys family has the answer they wanted the most for weeks now - her location. I am heartbroken for them all.

In the live video done tonight, the people who got the footage of the van stated that the Jeep was theirs. It sounded like they travel with two vehicles.

I did see in their original youtube channel video after they added the voice over stuff that they had a follow vehicle. I was wondering why the Class C driver turned around before the road ended, but that was his wife who had already taken that left at the fork where he went right and did the loop. She would have told him there were no open sites further down the loop.

Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this. If they did, I couldn't find it.

RE: Gabby's AllTrails account showing her current location as Puerto Rico

I find this particularly interesting and have a few thoughts I would love to unpack/discuss.

1) From what I understand, AllTrails.com updates your location automatically if it is linked in location settings. Does anyone familiar with the ap know if you can manually adjust this in your profile settings?

2) It says the account was created in May 2021, so it appears this would be Gabby's real account since it was made well before any of this happened / it became a news story. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts/reasons as to why it could be a fake account. It seems extremely unlikely, but I would like to rule out all possibilities if possible.

3) I can't imagine why Brian would bring Gabby's phone to Puerto Rico if that is where he ran off to. Isn't acquiring a burner phone On-The-Run 101? It seems so obvious that this would be a terrible idea and make it incredibly easy to be found. Does anyone else think he and/or his parents somehow got Gabby's phone to PR on it's own as a diversion?

4) I would assume he is keeping tabs on what people are saying about his location online if he has access to the Internet or a phone (particularly because he is a narcissist). If he is in Puerto Rico with Gabby's phone, I would think he would know that people are onto this by now...

Looking forward to diving into this!

Xx
Morgan

WOW never heard of this app but then I'm not traveling at the moment. Interesting. I have questions for you..how do you know he is a narcissist..not saying he isn't but has that been established? Also, if BL lawyered up would not the same lawyer tell parents what they would be up against protecting or aiding their son if he was in fact wanted by the police?

Proving it beyond reasonable doubt might be difficult. It can be said he left her alive after a disagreement. Returned to look for her, and finding van deserted as he left it, returned to FL with it. Had no idea what happened to her and was told by attorney to say nothing.
Is that likely what happened? I don’t think so but it is possible. Unless there is direct evidence BL did this, it may be a hard sell to a guilty verdict.
He might could say all that but his disappearing act won't help anyone believe him. JMO

Can someone remind me of where the info came from implying he came back before 9/1, possibly by plane, possibly to deal with a storage container? I know it’s been talked about a bit but I can’t remember how it got brought up to begin with or if there’s a solid source. TIA!

I've heard both -- that she was "not visible" (covered by leaves or whatever) and also that from helicopter footage that it was "very obviously" a small female, and clothes could still be seen. So I don't know which to believe either.

I think the people saying she was not visible were misunderstanding the view when the media were erecting to top-only/pop-up canopy.

I also haven't been able to find any of the aerial footage, the search on WS crashes for me every time (assuming because it's swamped right now) and there's nothing coming up for me on Google. Would so appreciate a link if you have and it isn't an inconvenience. Thank you!!

There are videos on this page. I believe the second one shows both tents I referenced.
Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito

Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this. If they did, I couldn't find it.

RE: Gabby's AllTrails account showing her current location as Puerto Rico

I find this particularly interesting and have a few thoughts I would love to unpack/discuss.

1) From what I understand, AllTrails.com updates your location automatically if it is linked in location settings. Does anyone familiar with the ap know if you can manually adjust this in your profile settings?

2) It says the account was created in May 2021, so it appears this would be Gabby's real account since it was made well before any of this happened / it became a news story. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts/reasons as to why it could be a fake account. It seems extremely unlikely, but I would like to rule out all possibilities if possible.

3) I can't imagine why Brian would bring Gabby's phone to Puerto Rico if that is where he ran off to. Isn't acquiring a burner phone On-The-Run 101? It seems so obvious that this would be a terrible idea and make it incredibly easy to be found. Does anyone else think he and/or his parents somehow got Gabby's phone to PR on it's own as a diversion?

4) I would assume he is keeping tabs on what people are saying about his location online if he has access to the Internet or a phone (particularly because he is a narcissist). If he is in Puerto Rico with Gabby's phone, I would think he would know that people are onto this by now...

Looking forward to diving into this!

Xx
Morgan

WOW never heard of this app but then I'm not traveling at the moment. Interesting. I have questions for you..how do you know he is a narcissist..not saying he isn't but has that been established? Also, if BL lawyered up would not the same lawyer tell parents what they would be up against protecting or aiding their son if he was in fact wanted by the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname