Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the next two questions, I’m fifty/fifty whether he was just trying to start the forming of an alibi or whether the interaction with the Tiktoker was originally going to be the start of his journey back without the van, until something spooked him and changed his mind.

With those two scenarios, I think he would have had the expectation that the body would be found eventually, but with the hope that it wouldn’t be until after he was home, to look like it happened “after they broke up and he kindly left her with the van, making his own way home.”

JMO though, could well be completely different.

I agree that he 1st thought he could leave the van and get home, and he realized how hard that would be, went back and got the van. Brian does not strike me as a very intelligent person. I just don't see how he will escape getting caught. What will he do for money? Shelter?

But, as supportive of LE as I am, I don't understand why they couldn't have questioned Brian even with his attorney present. He could have refused to answer questions but at least they would have gotten an eyeball on him.

If he has experience on the Appalachian Trail it's possible he is headed that way.
Great catch.
Source for evidence that he has experience on the AT?
So far, I haven’t seen any specifics that BL has ever been to the AT. It runs between Springer in way north Georgia and Katahdin in Maine, i.e. nowhere near Florida or close.
The distance from North Port in Florida to Springer (where the AT starts and heads north) is over 600 miles.

Last edited:
Police shouldn't be beyond criticism. The NPPD has been highly confusing in their approach.

1. They say that there is no criminal investigation and thus they cannot get search warrants.

According to the Legal Information Institute: "Probable cause exists when there is a fair probability that a search will result in evidence of a crime being discovered." So you don't need to know a crime has happened and you don't need an active criminal investigation. You just need a fair probability that evidence of a crime will be discovered. A man embarked on a four-month roadtrip with his girlfriend in a van owned by her. He arrived at their home two months early, with her van but without her. He didn't notify her family or police of anything unusual or that she was missing. Her family lost contact with her weeks ago. That is assuredly enough for a search warrant although probably not enough for an arrest warrant.

2. The say that there is no criminal investigation, yet they named Brian Laundrie as a "person of interest."

How can someone be a perosn of interest if you're simultaenously claiming that no crime has actually occurred? If you're confident enough to name someone a POI for a crime that doesn't even exist yet, you have enough for warrants.

3. They've devoted a huge amount of resources towards finding Brian Laundrie, even though he's an adult and he's not wanted for a crime. If the lack of a crime was enough to hamper the search for Gabby, then why are they searching for Brian? He isn't wanted for a crime and he can do whatever he wants, right?

4. They allowed the POI to get away, despite confidently assuring everyone who would listen that they knew exactly where he was.
BAM!

I find it really surprising no one remembers seeing him, crossing paths on any of the days on the trip back to Florida or since arrival
It is quite likely that many people did see him and have reported it to FBI without going to social media or MSM to get their 20 seconds of fame. The actual information released to the public by LE and FBI has been very very slim thus far.

I feel sorry for both sets of parents, BL's parents are also facing their worst nightmare. Such a tragedy all around. Whatever killed Gabby I don't think it was premeditated. Hopefully BL is still alive and will tell the truth about what happened.

I think we're talking about different things. I'm talking about what appears to be man size sandals and no other sandals as the back of the van closes. I'm under the assumption he is the only one inside.
I think he was in the van and closed the door when he saw the vehicle approaching. He may have killed her inside and dumped her body yards away where it was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber