Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bumping this again so others can view it.

It clearly shows someone is in the van as the door definitely closes.

@Matic - here you go :p

I would say it clearly shows the door closing as the motorhome approaches. I cannot see a person inside the van closing the door so I would not say "it clearly shows someone is in the van as the door definitively closes."

It doesn't seem that the wind is blowing hard enough to close the door by itself, so the inference is that someone or something inside the van is pulling the door closed.

But kudos to those sharp eyes that kept persisting that the door was originally partially open and then closed as the motorhome approached.:)

Do you think they had any kind of warning because his mother looked fully dressed? Or am I the only one that sits around in old t-shirts and ratty shorts, with bed head?
According to FOX News commentary this morning, there would not have been prior notice from FBI announcing they were on their way to Laundrie home. From the video I posted from FOX News, FBI pulled right up to the front door, on to the grass, 3 FBI vehicles all at one time, blocking anyone from leaving via the driveway. Numerous FBI agents in full gear pretty much rushed the front door. It was a surprise FBI visit imho.

BL lives in NY, not FL, right? Isn’t that where he and Gabby live … together?… (NY) and began their trip? Why didn’t he drive back to NY, or someplace else (to go on the run)? Someone mentioned maybe he needed money. Would his parents really lend him money—that would not be a bad sign. Does he visit their house often, or was this a surprise visit?
He lives in FL. They lived with his parents.

I’m still confused why it took so long to find her remains. It’s been stated that this area was full of campers and busy. It’s odd that nobody noticed a body for a month. Or if buried nobody noticed a area or disturbed earth. It would be extremely noticeable in that terrain

Do you think they had any kind of warning because his mother looked fully dressed? Or am I the only one that sits around in old t-shirts and ratty shorts, with bed head?
IF they were friendly with their neighbors and received word this am that the street was being blocked off (if it was) that might want to make me get dressed. I've wondered if they have even left for work?

JMO

Where else could he be? I don’t see him crossing USAs borders without being noticed by multiple people / cameras, etc.

Even on a normal day, but especially now with Covid restrictions / protocols in place everywhere. At least I assume Canada is still enforcing theirs and I know for a fact you can’t air travel without negative tests or vaccine proof.

He had 10 days to get out of dodge before she was reported missing. Nobody would have thought twice about him leaving the country before things blew up.

The note was from Police

Police left the notice on Laundrie’s Mustang, which his family found Wednesday parked near the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County, according to attorney Steven Bertolino

The note had asked for the car to be removed — but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino said.

Note found on Brian Laundrie’s car after disappearance (nypost.com)

Which we've already discussed isn't correct, as there are media photos of the car in the driveway on Wednesday. MOO

I have to agree with you. I totally understand there wasn’t evidence of a crime prior to finding Gabby but the NPPD really dropped the ball by not keeping their eyes on BL last week. They said they were & he was at home when in reality, they didn’t have a clue about his whereabouts. Completely dropped the ball.

Had the NPPD done their job correctly, this case would not be the mess it is right now.

Have read elsewhere speculation, from they had no authority to order surveillance, to the cost of 24/7 surveillance. They expounded NPPD is such a small police department etc. Still, I have to wonder why her parents didn't get a PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR at a lot of points throughout this. Definitely when he returned without GP in her van.

IMO they barely glanced at the van when you look at the camera view of the driver. As to the door shutting, you have to watch the slowed down, zoomed in version that is posted on this thred where it does become clearly evident that a door is shutting. If you were driving down the road, highly unlikely you would have noticed it. All IMO.
Agree- you really would have had to have been looking right at it while you were driving. On the video the whole door-close segment lasts only about 2-3 seconds. There are clearly two objects on the ground behind the van. A neatly placed pair of flip-flops, and another object at the far corner of the van on the ground that I cannot identify, possibly a book.

He's probably calling defense attorneys in FL, begging someone to take the case. And they are probably letting the calls go to voice mail because repping BL & his family looks like a slam dunk for the prosecution!
MOO
Most likely it's the other way around. Def atty's have been calling the Laundrie home begging to take the case. High profile case means lots of press and attention.

BL lives in NY, not FL, right? Isn’t that where he and Gabby live … together?… (NY) and began their trip? Why didn’t he drive back to NY, or someplace else (to go on the run)? Someone mentioned maybe he needed money. Would his parents really lend him money—that would not be a bad sign. Does he visit their house often, or was this a surprise visit?

both BL and GP were living in FL with BL’s parents for two years. The assumption is that’s how they saved up enough money to travel for months. They met in NY but then relocated to FL.

Police say search of preserve 'exhausted' for Gabby Petito's boyfriend: Live updates

Search of vast Florida swamp preserve 'exhausted': Police
The North Port, Florida, Police Department said on Monday that a search for Laundrie in the vast Carlton Reserve near North Port has been "exhausted."

Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for the North Port Police Department, told ABC News that the two-day search of the nearly 25,000-acre swampland preserve turned up no sign of Laundrie.
but realistically it would take at least weeks to search it thoroughly.
I think that they have reason to believe he was not there.
JMO

Where else could he be? I don’t see him crossing USAs borders without being noticed by multiple people / cameras, etc.

Even on a normal day, but especially now with Covid restrictions / protocols in place everywhere. At least I assume Canada is still enforcing theirs and I know for a fact you can’t air travel without negative tests or vaccine proof.
I've believed all along that foreign travel is very very unlikely. Europe, no way. Canada, no way. South America, no way. There's just too much international funding dependence for a country to rebuff interpol and the US tracing someone. Even though he couldn't be apprehended he would be located and surveilled by local police who have fewer "be nice" regs.
Maybe the border zone between Mexico and USA if he traveled early enough? Does that require a passport these days? There's just too much documentation required & registered these days. In Peru, Chile, and Argentina one needs ID just to check into a hostal, and those records can be inspected by police at any time. Owners won't lose their hostal business licenses over some possible fugitive.

Look at the international cooperation between Peru and Chile when VanderSloot fled south from Lima. Chile basically kicked him back over the border to where Peruvian officials were waiting for him. Same with buses. Same with obtaining a vaxxx. Many borders are closed to non-residents and quarantine required with state sponsored daily health checks for more than a week. Last few times I re-entered the USA I had to place my passport on a device that took a pic of it, and me. And that was before pandemic. "Extranjeros" stand out like a sore thumb on buses once rural areas are entered.
But his family had lots of time to get him a fake ID, if that's what it turns out to be.

Don't get mad at me, I'm not too upset at an alligator winning this one, if their lawyer's plan is to make Gabby out to be at fault, murdering herself, etc. He will never live this one down, the entire world (IMO) considers him to be at fault because of his off-the-charts cowardice. If he hadn't run away with her vehicle, and from the start instead manned up and claimed an accident, he'd have a future, IMO. Probably he knew that one wouldn't float.

Last edited:
Why hide the van? Why not get rid of it? There's tons of places to dump a car between WY and FL. Even just in FL. Keeping the van makes me wonder if his parents believed a story about her just taking off and leaving their son. It's almost like they were keeping the van for her, or at least trying to give him the benefit of the doubt

I think the photos of the van inside a garage are from where the police are storing and searching it, not from the Laundrie garage. The van was on the driveway AFAIK?

Last edited:

Gabby and Brian were both living with Brian's parents' at their house in North Port, FL before the trip.

Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery – New York Times
<snipped & BBM>
The police said they learned on Friday night that Mr. Laundrie was missing after detectives went to the home in North Port that Mr. Laundrie shares with Ms. Petito and his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan