Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
48150781-10008971-image-a-83_1632149352196.jpg

This picture makes me believe they were actively looking for Brian

This search/raid was likely coming the second they found Gabby and probably was planned for a bit.

However, prior to finding her, it's difficult to get a warrant to search for something because you don't have evidence a crime was committed, or even that the person is deceased. That's a great way to have anything you do find excluded in future court proceedings because of unlawful search/seizure laws.

Now that a body has been found, she's no longer a missing person but a decadent and based on however they found her, could conclude it's likely there was foul play. Those circumstances are reason for a judge to issue a warrant for search and can be used in future court proceedings because it was done by the book.

In regards to the van door closing, didn't the couple that took the video say they were going to stop and say hello, but the van didn't appear to have any activity, so they didn't? If that's the case, I think that rules out the door opening/closing, etc. because they would have seen that and knew that someone was there.
I saw the video (slowed down and enhanced) and it definitely looks to be slightly ajar, and then closing

I haven't watched their news appearances, but the family that filmed the van in the Spread Creek area mentioned in the YouTube video that they passed the van twice (I think). From how I understood it, they drove past it looking for a camping spot, didn't find anything, turned around and then passed it on the way back.

But, I'm not sure if the video is the first or second pass. If it's the 2nd pass, they may have not really been paying attention because they had already assumed it to be empty after the 1st pass.
Video is the first pass. The cameras were left on accidentally for that, they noticed they had left them on by the time they got to the back of the campground and turned them off, so there is no additional footage from on the way out of the campground.

Where else could he be? I don’t see him crossing USAs borders without being noticed by multiple people / cameras, etc.
Even on a normal day, but especially now with Covid restrictions / protocols in place everywhere. At least I assume Canada is still enforcing theirs and I know for a fact you can’t air travel without negative tests or vaccine proof.

This was discussed lastnight. You can walk right into Mexico with no ID and no tests. Not to mention that arrival by boat negates any "official procedures". Hypothetically if his parents have an island or mexico vacation home - he could walk right up on the beach without even a single person noticing.

In regards to the van door closing, didn't the couple that took the video say they were going to stop and say hello, but the van didn't appear to have any activity, so they didn't? If that's the case, I think that rules out the door opening/closing, etc. because they would have seen that and knew that someone was there.
IMO they barely glanced at the van when you look at the camera view of the driver. As to the door shutting, you have to watch the slowed down, zoomed in version that is posted on this thred where it does become clearly evident that a door is shutting. If you were driving down the road, highly unlikely you would have noticed it. All IMO.

he was wearing sandals as seen in the video when the cops detained him.

One thing, during the police stop they mentioned that Gabby was upset when he tracked dirt into the van on his shoes. So was he usually accustomed to leaving them outside or was she perhaps still in the van and asked him to leave them outside?

Another possible scenario would be getting the shoes very dirty walking to the spot where Gabby was found, so he left them outside.

jmo

Trying to catch up. Here’s a FOX NEWS link I don’t know if it’s been shared. Video of when 15-20 FBI descended on the Laundrie residence.
Do you think they had any kind of warning because his mother looked fully dressed? Or am I the only one that sits around in old t-shirts and ratty shorts, with bed head?

Needed $?

hmmm, this day and age that can be transferred anonymously and easily through western union or the like, passport is only needed to return to the usa and he had a van to live in, why did he not go directly there before the parents were suspicious. Its odd that he didn't, yet on the run allegedly now

At this point in the investigation, is it at all feasible that Brian didn't kill Gabby?

I know the consensus is clearly heavily weighted otherwise, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here (innocent until proven guilty etc etc).

Could he claim he left her in the van, went hitchhiking, and when he returned she was either gone, or dead? Yes, he obviously should've immediately reported her missing/dead, but panicked and fled instead..

Is there already evidence in terms of time frames to refute this and blow his defence clean out of the water or is there a chance that it MIGHT not have been him, and his only crime was fleeing the scene and then having a meltdown and going awol?

MOO
I could see him taking off for some time to hike on his own. I wouldn't want to be an attractive 22 year old woman out in the middle of no where by myself. She seems like she was idealistic and trusting. I'm sure there are plenty of destitute loners out there who would spot this and take advantage of the situation. Reasonable doubt.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.. I read through 40 pages last night looking and didn't see it but now there are 30 more pages that I don't have time to read. Anyway, here is the GPS coordinates where LE set up the tent: 43°46'35.42"N, 110°29'43.74"W

Google earth pic and chopper 5 pic attached for comparison

Attachments

• google.jpg
    google.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image_2021-09-20_083630.png
    image_2021-09-20_083630.png
    610 KB · Views: 145
I wonder if that’s the last proof of life of GP. Another post pointed out that her flip flops were left outside the back door on the ground at the time that back door closed. It had been said that she got mad at BL for dragging dirt into the van. If so, it would make sense that she would leave her flip flops outside the van.
Gabby really had no reason to HIDE. I suspect it was him after leaving her dead 200 yards away. He definitely had a reason to hide.

Why come home in the first place, why not go straight to Mexico before her parents were suspicious?

Im guessing he came home to his parents get money etc. Then things got HOT and they told him to go, gave him money etc. provided a cover and then he disappeared into thin air before anyone knew he was missing.

I don’t think he knew what to do, his parents are probably the ones that helped him plan the escape. He seems very impulsive.

Just getting to look at the reports now. Entin stated there were 15 agents there and the video then cut off. Has there been any reporting or is there any indication that video equipment was also brought in? In other words, any indication that some of these agents are conducting an interview of the parents as others are executing the search? Entin said the parents were back in the house. Any word on counsel showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa