Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Florida. That game preserve is a living hell. BL isn't a dyed in the wool survivalist. He's a guy who likes to ride around in a van, eat veggies for the camera, then stop off for a Big Mac and fries. He's far from eating snakes and gator eggs.
Which is why he's either dead or enjoying a Happy Meal in some "safe house" somewhere.
I agree. I was pretty convinced up until this morning that the "safe house" was his parents house. He doesn't have any close friends that LE or the media could find, so I believe we're back to the parents. They are the only ones that could arrange for his safety. It may be incredibly simple and obvious - I would check a current or new Amazon account for deliveries through their locker pick-up system. And look into the possibility of alternative currency payments elsewhere.
People that own one(or more) businesses understand money, usually. Some of these people can appear to live well below their means (hypothetically), IMO.

Was the 911 call made the same day that the incident with the speeding and swerving occured, or was that at a different time earlier in the trip?

I'm not a parent, but I know my own and I know for a FACT that if I was in BL's position and my significant other had been reported missing and I was under suspicion, that my mother and father would be the first people to march me into a Police Office.

Not because they don't love me or aren't protective, but because they taught me to take responsibility for my actions and be a functional, honest and valuable member of society.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for my family and the values we have. I would never allow my family to face the consequences of my own actions, be vilified by their community, hated by the world and disrespect them and GPs family for my own self-preservation.

It makes me so angry.
I don't know what his parents were/are thinking. No one gets to do this to someone's daughter, to a young, beautiful woman, and hide from the consequences.

None of us would ever let that happen. Countless lives ruined because BL is so utterly selfish.

IMO
I agree with you - but just nitpicking one small part about the beautiful young woman. I'd hope no one does it to anyone at all and tries to get away with it. Even to someone who was old, ugly and had no family...

Has anyone thought he did what she thought he would do and just abandoned her? Drove off and didnt look back. And then something happened and she died as a result. Would this still be manslaughter?

I only ask as it was such a weird thing for her to accuse him of doing in the recorded police video. Who thinks their loved one would abandon them in the middle of nowhere, unless it was threatened prior.

Don't think this is what happened, but might explain his behaviour of returning home and not fleeing straightaway to Mexico. As thought she was still alive and then realised what he did. Also I wonder where her phone is. Was it in the van?
I've considered he abandoned her to "teach her a lesson" but considering all the other campers who were in that area, all she would have had to do is approach them. That does raise the question as to where she died. Is there evidence she died where she was found or was her body placed there after death? Hopefully, the autopsy reveals answers. JMO

Even had he been arrested though, he would have been released the following day. She wouldn't have pressed charges, and this all probably would have played out the same way.

The cooling off period would have been the same as him being sent to a hotel.

Now, had he killed her that day and not a couple of weeks later, I'd totally agree.

I'm curious whether supporting her as a victim, rather than treating as the aggressor, may have helped clarify for her that she was in a domestic abuse situation and that she needed to protect herself from him. My impression from the police interaction with the couple is that officers dismissed eye-witness testimony and told her to behave.

Psychologically, from her perspective, officers did not send a loud and clear message to both of them that she was at risk by continuing contact with a man who openly hits her. I think she needed to hear that to validate what she was feeling. Validating her feelings and her experience may have strengthened her enough to make a different choice. Perhaps not, but officers downplaying his role in her distress likely did not help the situation.

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?

Part of what happened is that LE asked Gabby if he had hit her, reassured her that it was ok for her to tell them, and she said he did not hit her.

The only person conceivably responsible for Gabby's death is BL, not the Moab LE or park police.

I'm late to this thread (sorry!), but after scanning 20 pages or so I can't seem to find any real viable theories, I guess there isn't much to go off of.

That said, I did watch the video, and Gabby to me seems a little unstable. She admits she suffers from OCD, and also that she hit the guy. I realize those are small things, but some people really do lose control a bit when in a fight and start hitting and screaming and stuff. He seems pretty calm in the face of police being around.

I had a girlfriend when I was 27 years old, and she was really unstable. I came to a point where I wanted to end up, and was making a plan to do so (you have to be careful when ending a relationship with someone unstable). But one night we were at a party having a bunch of drinks and I just hit my breaking point. After we left the party, I just decided to get it over with and told her I was really done and I didn't want it any more. Of course now that I'm 44, I wished I would have handled that with a bit more empathy, but I was just tired of all the **** and wanted it to be done. After I broke up with her she promptly threw herself into a river and was swept downstream. I looked for her for about 5 minutes, but realized it was a scary situation and she could be really hurt.

I flagged down a passing police car and told them the story, after which they promptly put me in the back of the car and we drove around looking for her. I immediately sensed I was a person of interest, and now possibly in some trouble because they assumed I had tossed her into the river or something. Thankfully for me (and her) we saw her come out of the river downstream after looking for 20-30 minutes. The cops approached her to find out what really happened (which is exactly what I said), and basically had a meltdown with the cops and started punching and screaming at them. In the end I was released that night since my story checked out, and she was involuntarily committed to the psych ward that night. Of course, we stayed broken up.

I'm not saying any of that happened, and he's been extremely shady so far, especially with not talking to the police and disappearing. But maybe he just had enough of her and decided to leave, and in the midst of a breakup, she had a breakdown and either threatened to hurt herself or ran away from him. In that case maybe what he's feeling now is immense guilt and shame that he didn't go looking for her (which is what I would have felt had my ex not come out of that river and I didn't flag down that cop). In this is this day and age when young people especially become so tied to an online persona, especially when it shows them happy and golucky and travelling that a breakup now is such a larger deal since it means the end of that life and being in the spotlight.

Of course, I know in these situations the guy probably did end up hurting her, but just want to present an alternate theory based on some of my own life experiences that almost got me into a load of legal trouble (i.e. if she hadn't stepped out of the water at some point and attacked the cops, I could have been in real trouble, even though I didn't do anything).

Regarding the fact that Gabby stated she suffered from "really bad OCD" during the police stop in Moab, I do think that may have been drummed into her head by Brian to the point that she believed that.

If she had diagnosed OCD, it would have been an ongoing condition before this road trip. Her father would know this, yet he says in this interview that she did not....she was tidy and wanted things neat. Living out of a small camper for months it would be difficult to keep the interior organized and clean, especially with a boyfriend who wasn't that concerned . My daughter is also a neat freak, way more than I am, but she is by no means a victim of OCD.

The fact that Gabby was so distressed at the Moab stop, and blaming herself, to me showed signs of being gaslit into being at fault with her "OCD" and mental state.

I don't believe she was "mentally unstable", rather just a young 22 year old who hadn't yet figured out how to deal her own emotions, and far too influenced by the boyfriends criticisms. Personally, I think it does her great disservice to be labeled as mentally unstable.

22-Year-Old Gabby Petito’s Father Says He Has A ‘Gut Feeling’ About What Has Happened To Her

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-20_13-50-53.png
    upload_2021-9-20_13-50-53.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm not a parent, but I know my own and I know for a FACT that if I was in BL's position and my significant other had been reported missing and I was under suspicion, that my mother and father would be the first people to march me into a Police Office.

Not because they don't love me or aren't protective, but because they taught me to take responsibility for my actions and be a functional, honest and valuable member of society.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for my family and the values we have. I would never allow my family to face the consequences of my own actions, be vilified by their community, hated by the world and disrespect them and GPs family for my own self-preservation.

It makes me so angry.
I don't know what his parents were/are thinking. No one gets to do this to someone's daughter, to a young, beautiful woman, and hide from the consequences.

None of us would ever let that happen. Countless lives ruined because BL is so utterly selfish.

IMO
I agree with you - but just nitpicking one small part about the beautiful young woman. I'd hope no one does it to anyone at all and tries to get away with it. Even to someone who was old, ugly and had no family...

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?

Part of what happened is that LE asked Gabby if he had hit her, reassured her that it was ok for her to tell them, and she said he did not hit her.

The only person conceivably responsible for Gabby's death is BL, not the Moab LE or park police.

Yes it has but apparently many people haven't seen it because they are still questioning whether the door was open or not. It's clear that the van door was open as the RV approached the van, then the van door closed. Someone was in the back of GPs van.

I've missed a lot, so I apologize if this has been answered. Has it been verified that he was ever back in Florida?

Agree. Another thing that bothers me is why hang out where the dead body is? I know I wouldn't be returning or sticking around. Yet that van was spotted there by the YT couple on the 27th and elk hunters on the 29th (both in media thread). Door possibly moves on 27th in video? Possibly B.L. hitchhiking on the 29th? And van is in same place both days. It'd be interesting to see a map showing the van, hitchhike locations, and where she was found.
im not sure why he went home at all, i mean if you wanted to run why drive 2500 miles home or whatever it was

grab your passport or ID and just jump the border before anyone even knows that anything is amiss

that point has always stumped me throughout this entire thing

Listening to the 911 call, the operator has major attitude to begin with. Then he realizes it may be serious and his tone changes.. until the end of the call the attitude has returned. They could’ve saved her.

Your response sparked an interesting thought: what items were in the white van when the FBI searched it on 9/10-9/11?

1) IMO..Most likely not much left after he returned.
2) Did anyone in neighborhood see him emptying the van between 9/1 and 9/10? Did anyone see him period? Did his parents empty it?
3) On 9/20, what items will the FBI find that were in the van on the trip in Wyoming?
4) Did BL empty the white van in his driveway and store these items in the shed out back?
5) Did BL dispose of most items like the tent, mattress, pillows etc.. before he returned to FLorida?

A FL reporter says the neighbors haven't seen him. LE wasn't permitted to see him when they came to the door soon after his return. So far as I know, there's not been a credible sighting of Laundrie in FL - although one of the people in the crowd last night tweeted that they thought they saw him a couple of blocks from the house.

It will be very telling to see what the answers to all of your questions are. I'm starting to think he might never have been in FL at all, though.

Besides knowing that BL returned to Florida to move things in/out of storage, do we know anything else about what he did during that time in Florida? Was the trip pre-planned or was it a random trip that he took for a specific reason? It happened right after the police incident on 8/12 where they had been fighting and right before GP's last sighting so it seems really important to trying to figure out what happened.

We don’t actually know that he returned to Florida that time, we just know that Gabby’s parents were told that was the reason she was in a hotel in SLC that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500