GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

Would she be allowed to get a new identity when she's released? I can't see her going back to Peterborough tbh unless she is allowed contact with her children which I really hope won't be allowed.
She should have been charged with murder, my heart is aching for Bea. Glad he got a proper sentence though.

Would she be allowed to get a new identity when she's released? I can't see her going back to Peterborough tbh unless she is allowed contact with her children which I really hope won't be allowed.
She should have been charged with murder, my heart is aching for Bea. Glad he got a proper sentence though.

She can change her name herself by deed poll if she likes, but whole of life anonymity orders are incredibly rare and I think Maxine Carr is the only adult to have one granted, the rest have been for people who committed murder when under-age

I'll never forget that comment Sarah made on Scott's FB post, the one where she was concerned about her appearance in a photo he posted. This was after Bernadette had been murdered and this is the kind of thing Sarah was worrying about. The woman is cold! She must be laughing at getting such a pathetic sentence.

It's quite incredible to only get a further 2 years locked up, when the judge concluded that Sarah was the driving force behind a murder cover up.
If she directed the prevention of Bernadette's respectful burial, then where are the charges for that?
Ill treatment of a corpse, disrespect of human remains, prevention of burial.
Psychological harm to the children, etc

I'll never forget that comment Sarah made on Scott's FB post, the one where she was concerned about her appearance in a photo he posted. This was after Bernadette had been murdered and this is the kind of thing Sarah was worrying about. The woman is cold! She must be laughing at getting such a pathetic sentence.

My thoughts exactly. All she cares about is how she will look. She no doubt told AW to do that poster he's sharing to make her look like the good guy but we all know she's far from. I've always said she is the mastermind in all of this and I'm so glad the judge could see right through her.

Heartbroken for Bernadette. She seemed like a beautiful person who would have gone on to add kindness to the world. I honestly hope Scott rots away with no one caring about him ever. And I hope that Sarah is never given her other children back.

I read about the police 'begging' Scott to say where Bernadette is.
Can you imagine how much narcissistic supply that gives him?
Special visits with detectives, depending on him to solve a case.
He's not gonna give up that source of attention any time soon.
He knows if he tells them, then that's him left to rott alone, unneeded.

It's quite incredible to only get a further 2 years locked up, when the judge concluded that Sarah was the driving force behind a murder cover up.
If she directed the prevention of Bernadette's respectful burial, then where are the charges for that?
Ill treatment of a corpse, disrespect of human remains, prevention of burial.
Psychological harm to the children, etc

I don’t think they had much of a choice with what was presented. These are all crimes but not done by her and not more serious than what she was tried for, so they would run concurrently. It sucks but the lack of action by police in the first 3 months was key. It’s up to breaking him now to solve this case

I still can't get over SaW only getting six years, especially when the judge seemed to believe she was guilty of more than she was charged with. Does anyone think it's possible she did a deal with the police to get a lighter sentence when she admitted to two counts of PTCOJ? Just throwing this out there as I have no idea how deals work. Can anyone shed any light?

Found this when looking for sentencing remarks

Publication of judgments, rulings or sentencing remarks is undertaken by the Judicial Communications Office on behalf of the judiciary. These are published on the Judiciary website, and highlighted through Twitter, if the nature of the media or legal profile of a case suggests it would be helpful.

The majority of cases are publicised because of the actual or predicted level of media interest. In some instances, however, the Lord Chief Justice or another senior judge might flag a case as one that gives specific guidance on legal issues such as sentencing. Publication of sentencing remarks from Crown Court cases is again generally governed by the level of media interest, but will also depend on them being available to us: it is important to note that not all judges have full written script of the remarks they make at the time the sentence is handed down.

Thanks, I should have posted a link to the ULS Incass others weren’t aware of the scheme.

I use this on a daily basis for press reports where I think someone has received a unduly lenient sentence. Only yesterday did I request it for a person in Peterborough who got 3 1/2 years for rape ffs.

just remember it only takes one person, a member of the public, not even involved in the case to request a review

“Only one person needs to ask for a sentence to be reviewed for it to be considered. Further requests do not lend any extra weight as the decision to refer a sentence as too low can only be based on the legal threshold.”

I didn’t ask for his to be reviewed as it was on the money. I also cannot remember if Perverting the course of justice is an offence in the scheme. Let’s see but we should all be using this scheme for anything we read in the press

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back