Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to agree with you. When I watched the whole video of the DV stop one of the officers was on the phone with a witness that saw the incident prior to the stop. It was clearly stated that she was aggressive towards him and he put his hands up to push/get her away from him. He had the physical evidence on his body and she clearly did not have any marks at the time of the stop (her body was fairly exposed in the attire worn during the stop). Clearly he is an abuser, but during this particular stop there was evidence to the contrary. The police did what they could with the info. they had.
I thought it was said in the video that there were two witnesses who phoned in but only one could be reached for the follow-up calls.

Trying to remember the timeline from the first to the 11th but-I’m wondering if it’s possible AT ALL that the parents didn’t know anything for a while when he returned. If they really wanted to cover up for him from the start wouldn’t they have said to take the van and go elsewhere? Why leave it in their driveway -especially with her dad in Florida? He could have told them she met a friend and he gave her money to fly home….like he did earlier. Or he could have said they had broken up or something. The fact that they totally avoided all contact with Gabbys parents make me think that possibly they didn’t know what to say. Maybe he went hiking before they pieced it all together and that’s when they got the lawyer involved? Not sure we know when their lawyer was obtained but we know they had one when Gabbys mom reported her missing-may be that was after the dad asked the police to see what was going on? I do think they are acting strangely but I’m not sure it’s completely on purpose. Just a thought. Lots of missing pieces.

The 911 call says BL was hitting/slapping Gabby.

I’m just livid after hearing that call! That poor poor girl and for him to be slapping her in public tells me that couldn’t have been the first time. Slapping indicates repeated hits-not just one. He was used to doing that and getting away with it. IMO

Makes me wonder if DV is common in that household. I noticed his mom was wearing a full arm cast/stabilizer on her right arm in the pics. Also noticed she wasn’t wearing a wedding ring on her left hand. Trouble in River City?

Given t

given that a not-insignificant part of their job involves DV, they should be better attuned to common dynamics in abusive relationships.

So what should they have done. Whats your legal solution for completing that DV stop?

But does that have anything to do with the dumpster? Or that they were there at some point following up on a lead and they are unrelated?

At present, zero confirmation or official suggestion that they are related.

IMO, given that they are investigating these sightings in the same area, it makes sense that they’d treat the dumpster event as potentially related in terms of care and officer numbers, until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227