Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

If a person is considered missing and a person of interest (not fully a suspect) does their lawyer have to disclose their location to police?

Could BL have gone back to NY, hence why his lawyer is holding a presser from there tomorrow?
The attorney lives on Long Island. I do wonder if the parents still have a house in NY, though.

I just came here to point out the same thing. I still had my Spotify account opened from last night when I was looking at their "self consumption" playlist. As of today, the title has been deleted. Their profile photo has also been deleted from the account. *Someone* who has access to their Spotify account had to have done that in the past ~14 hours.
Someone has been fiddling with it. Have you checked if there’s any new liked songs? I’m going to switch to my laptop to check… I can’t understand how a title would be deleted and the pic removed without any other change unless it was done by the user. If it was ‘official’ or something then surely the whole profile would go…..

Can anyone help me with a question?
- What is the date/time the Red Blue Bethune family saw the van, vs. the date/time BL offered $200 for a ride? Just trying to pc together these 2 events... TIA!

The Bethune video was ca. 6pm on the 27th.

hitchhiker was ca. 5:45 on the 29th.

EBM…deleted erroneous quote

Also, I know this is random but those flip flops outside the van, in my opinion, are not Gabby's. Her flip flops were white. Also, she was very small. I would suspect her shoe size would be a 7 or smaller. Those sandals are bigger. I think those are BL's flip flops.

It was the first thing I noticed in the body cam video. The flip flops are the exact same.

He literally blames the entire incident on her. “It’s not my fault I have dirty feet! It’s her fault she minds the dirt.”

She upset him because she was “being annoying”.
She distracted him from driving.
She has OCD.
She has anxiety.
She causes the arguments.
It’s absolutely ridiculous! He’s done. He’s either going to prison, or he’s dead.

Sorry...another IF:

If anything, this case shows how difficult it is for LE to deal with DV issues.... Brian had more marks on him from Gabby, and Gabby admitted she hit him. Neither wanted to be separated....watching the video I thought Gabby was the one out of control. BUT, I did think it would escalate. DV usually does. DV can be a two way street. LE knows this.

I worked at a local police department for over a decade & agree with what you are saying. DV violence is sometimes a mutual two-way street, where the victim/suspect swap "spots" from one incident to the next. It sounds like Gabby and Brian had some relationship issues which were made worse by their mental health issues and traveling in a tiny space with one another. In my state, Gabby would have been arrested due to her own admission she had struck Brian in addition to him having scratches on his face, even if she was just freaking out due to her mental health issues (as the officers were discussing). If she had indicated that he had assaulted her as well or showed any injuries she received, he possibly could have also been arrested. Most importantly, if this had been a DV handled in the state I live in, there not only would be a mandatory arrest of the primary aggressor, there would have been an immediate No Contact Order put in place. That in retrospect could have saved her life. It's really very tragic because I think the police officers were only trying to help both Gabby and Brian, completely unaware of how this would all turn out just a few weeks later. I really wish they would have arrested her. :(
I am also pretty sure the "nature preserve" story provided by his family is fake. They have shown that they are disgusting people willing to allow Gabby's family to suffer for weeks wondering where their daughter is while they provided cover for their son. I bet they made sure he had enough money and a solid plan to escape the country. The whole lot of them are despicable and I hope they all find themselves in jail for murder and being accessories after the fact.

BBM. Yes. By calling the father of the toxic boyfriend and asking that he stay away from daughter or we would seek a protection order. The young man's father ended the relationship.

Very savvy, but does that work with an adult child? of course the bluff may have worked anyway, but it sounds like his dad may have been better to deal with that than Brian's parents.

This seems to me to be similar to folks that have never seen an airplane landing light that isn't a flying saucer from Mars. I downloaded the video and put it in an Open Source application called "Virtual Dub" in order to look at it, frame by frame. There is an artifact in the video, most likely from compression, that is a small black line, that is the size of the door. The stills, that have been posted, show that line right where the door would be. Unfortunately, if you scrub the video back, and forth, the line moves and changes shape. What is concerning, is that the video goes from the bit with the "door" artifact, and then loses about 100 yards of driving, until the Bethune vehicle is right behind Gabby's van

Again, if you’re looking at the video where it skips about 100 yards, you’re viewing the low-res vlog video with commentary that the Bethunes posted first, not the later 2K raw footage they posted, which does not jump or have any edits like the one you’re describing.

This helps, thank you.
I wonder why he left that HD in the van. Seems odd, I was thinking he would have cleared everything out of there. Maybe there was more in there than I'm thinking.

~Hi all, thanks again for all the info and the amazing work of the ppl behind this great forum!~ Perhaps the external drive was used as a back up for the vlogs/blogs/IM-posts and was hidden in the van to secure the data on it. I am doing the same thing when on the road, making a copy of my work files on a external drife and hiding it, just in case my laptop gets stolen or breaks down.

Has anyone compared their vacation photos with this photo.. to see if he owns these clothes?
Man seen in this photo was walking near BL home and was possibly him.
If this is him, the car at the preserve is a farce.
https://www.the-sun.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/NINTCHDBPICT000680784531.jpg

I don't think he'd wear the same clothes he's photographed wearing on the social media accounts, because it's also quite possible his physical appearance has also changed since the last photos posted of their trip.

MOO

I would be willing to bet that once or twice he said some thing about aren’t you a little OCD about this van being so clean? I’m sure when that was said to her she started using it to describe herself…a repetition of his words
I think that's exactly what happened. In the Dr. Phil interview Gabby's dad clearly said Gabby didn't have OCD or any other mental diagnoses and was not on any medications. IMO BL was gaslighting her.
Dr. Phil Interview

BTW, what a papa bear Gabby's dad is. Both parents are amazing. My heart breaks for them. :(

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I haven't experienced DV, but I sure as heck didn't fall for Brian's act in front of officers and I had assumed LE were savvy enough not to either! I thought they were simply playing along with him at first.
Has anyone compared their vacation photos with this photo.. to see if he owns these clothes?
Man seen in this photo was walking near BL home and was possibly him.
If this is him, the car at the preserve is a farce.
https://www.the-sun.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/09/NINTCHDBPICT000680784531.jpg

I did read in an article, forget which one, that this person spotted near the home was not Brian. And that the tattoos on the arm didn't match.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't keep up! Can someone explain what type of hard drive was found? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member