Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our animal lovers:

Page 125:

Barry initially blamed a mountain lion for Suzanne's death upon being notified of her bicycle recovery.
In 2021, he blamed the turkeys for why he did not have veggie soup with Suzanne during lunch on Saturday, May 9, the deer for why his tranquilizer gun was used to explain the needle sheath recovered in the dryer, and a chipmunk for why he was running around his house after arriving home at 2:44 P.M., and the firing of a gun of a .22 caliber to describe his violence towards Suzanne that afternoon and the caliber of the tranquilizer darts. For his trip on May 10, Barry explained his left turn on Hwy 50 to explain the truck movement because of a bull elk sighting at 4:30 AM from two miles down the road, a left turn that placed him at the scene of Suzanne's helmet.

This is fun. Page 101 Barry claims to have never seen the crack in the doorframe before. It would be one thing if he had previously seen it and just didn't know it's origins, but what person doesn't notice if their bedroom door is cracked?!

pfft ... he never saw the cracked doorframe?

Really, IMO the man that according to the AA on page 19 .... the man that apparently knows that his wife communicates "daily" via Snapchat with her best friend SO never noticed a cracked door frame, yeah right :rolleyes:

My husband would have no clue if I messaged anyone daily and on what social media platform that I messaged those people on but he sure would notice damage to something around the house .... oh and he would repair it as well

Not sure I can continue to read the AA here at work where I have to be cheerful & friendly when I answer the phone.... it's making me a cranky

No, he thinks her bones are there. He thinks somehow she went in the river. He never intimates that she'd still be alive. He says he tried to demolish the dam with his own excavator but the trees were too large and he can't understand why LE didn't try looking there.

And I think it is indeed interesting that none of the log jams or beaver dams were searched by SAR or LE.

Apparently, no further underwater searches were conducted (say, near the dam, by now) since the first couple of weeks.

Could those searches have happened with no one noticing? Obviously, they didn't find anything pertinent to the affidavit or PH, if true.

As to why the AA was withheld, I think it's entirely because one daughter clearly things the marriage is in trouble and says so and then there's that awkward moment at dinner, when Barry makes announcement about virginity.
I can't imagine this was the reason for withholding the AA. Because his wife was a virgin? Because one daughter admits there was turmoil in the relationship while another says there were no problems?
I'm sorry, none of that makes sense to me.
Bones? He publicly stated that he thought she was mauled (and completely devoured with NO evidence) by a mountain lion - even stated that LE saw one (which likely didn't happen).
She was abducted and god knows what they're doing to her - here's a reward offer/ransom. I can't imagine bones or drowning being crazy upsetting at that point.
If I were his daughter, I'd send him his facebook video pleading for his wife every day of my or his life, whichever life ended first.

Last edited:
In November 2020 the couple who sold them the PP house told investigators separately they suspected BM of killing SM based on their observations of him during and after the sale.
Page 131

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

I don't see how/why that was even included in there. OK, they just had a hunch he was guilty but without any WHY, the statement is completely useless.

I'm disappointed in the AA. The Prosecution has nothing. bM comes off as a complete jerk and despicable human being but without anything else this guy is walking. Which is a shame because his actions and his total lack of memory make him look guilty as hell but you can't put a guy in jail for that. The DA better triple it's efforts and try to find a body. Frustrating.

In November 2020 the couple who sold them the PP house told investigators separately they suspected BM of killing SM based on their observations of him during and after the sale.
Page 131

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf
How big of an Ahole would you had to have been be for the couple who sold you their home to think you killed her? Extra large one IMO.

I'm curious what their observations were?

It appears that Barry was actually a lousy hard worker. He cut corners, had shady business practices, and duped people out of money. It sounds like Barry burned a lot of bridges in Indiana and was on to Colorado for fresh meat, so to speak. All Barry needs is lawyers guns and cameras.

And don't forget the sex.

As per the page 22 of the AA - "We (men) need sex. That's all we need and we'll be good."

f*&^^**

I'll take another deep breath now

Don’t you get the feeling he doesn’t notice anything around him if it’s not related to sex? Of course he knew it was cracked and why. But Barry can’t have a normal discussion. All he relates to is sex and dying. At least that’s what I’m getting out of the AA so far. I think even hunting and killing animals turns him on. Such a dumba—!

Oh, and don’t forget: God. BM is a man of faith, he’ll have you know. God must’ve allowed this to happen. Can’t argue with that. End of story. God’s will and all.

I hate that he’s out of jail.

I don't see how/why that was even included in there. OK, they just had a hunch he was guilty but without any WHY, the statement is completely useless.

I'm disappointed in the AA. The Prosecution has nothing. bM comes off as a complete jerk and despicable human being but without anything else this guy is walking. Which is a shame because his actions and his total lack of memory make him look guilty as hell but you can't put a guy in jail for that. The DA better triple it's efforts and try to find a body. Frustrating.
I think it’s only in there because LE contacted them about the cracked door frame. I think the fact that they each made that statement after multiple observations of BM should definitely be documented in the investigator report. It’s only added to the AA as an attachment or footnote.
Jmo

For our animal lovers:

Page 125:

Barry initially blamed a mountain lion for Suzanne's death upon being notified of her bicycle recovery.
In 2021, he blamed the turkeys for why he did not have veggie soup with Suzanne during lunch on Saturday, May 9, the deer for why his tranquilizer gun was used to explain the needle sheath recovered in the dryer, and a chipmunk for why he was running around his house after arriving home at 2:44 P.M., and the firing of a gun of a .22 caliber to describe his violence towards Suzanne that afternoon and the caliber of the tranquilizer darts. For his trip on May 10, Barry explained his left turn on Hwy 50 to explain the truck movement because of a bull elk sighting at 4:30 AM from two miles down the road, a left turn that placed him at the scene of Suzanne's helmet.
Where’s our zookeeper, @Kemug ? Do we already have a Monkey?

Attachments

• 94728DB5-D644-4374-8AB1-BB138D1D34B8.jpeg
    94728DB5-D644-4374-8AB1-BB138D1D34B8.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 35
Not sure honestly what we are allowed to say because a lot of these names have been no secret. Admins feel free to delete. I'll report myself.

Reads like a cheap novel. Not so sure there is enough evidence that will stand the test at all. It just gets more confusing. There is conflicting info from good sources, just not MSM, that the defense could use that contradict some of what I've read in the AA.

For example...
On December 17, 2020, Sergeant Hysjulien and Agent Cahill interviewed Darke at the CCSO office. She said she has known Barry since October 2020 because she cleaned his neighbor's house and met him at the dumpster by chance. She denied being in a romantic or sexual relationship with Barry. Darke deleted items on her phone (one possibly being a second phone number for Barry) in front of investigators and was evasive in answering questions. Darke said she called the CBI tip line in May 2020 to report strange vehicles being in the area around Puma Path around the time Suzanne disappeared. Darke said in the December interview that she did not know Suzanne, "and, Suzanne, she's my age. She's, a lot of people say I resemble her."

It was her former fiancé who is interviewed and videoed that he called the tip line. Maybe they both did.
Page 42 of aa mentions a different device. I think there’s a third phone that’s my interpretation

Last edited:
Yet he was cheating on her, probably throughout the marriage. Gotta love that double standard.

Was he? They got a lot of messages (previously deleted) from his phone. No evidence of an affair - but evidence of use of *advertiser censored* sites and local sexting opportunities (oof).

I thought there would be way more implicating Barry via affairs, but nope.

OTOH, who would want to have an affair with that man...his attitudes toward sex and women are horrifying. The fact that he has to look up how to pleasure a woman at his age and that Suzanne says the sex "wasn't pleasurable" tells a whole story (that apparently Barry cannot see). The affair with Shoshona (as far as the AA tells) started two months after Suzanne went missing.

I was hoping for so much more. It's going to take me a while to get over my disappointment here.

"Barry finally blamed God for Suzanne's death after being informed of the affair as a form of judgement on her and has stated repeatedly that God allowed this to happen"

pg 126
Of course he did! That’s not going to work for him in a courtroom. He makes me sick.y
Oh, and don’t forget: God. BM is a man of faith, he’ll have you know. God must’ve allowed this to happen. Can’t argue with that. End of story. God’s will and all.

I hate that he’s out of jail.
Yes, he has blamed every animal and now even God. I can’t imagine what he has said to his daughters or how he could parade a girlfriend around in front of them. He never loved Suzanne. She was just another trophy. I hope he goes to prison for murder 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa