Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a slightly annoying thing to say, but it's not 100% confirmed that the body found is Gabby. For all we know, it could be a false lead and be a completely different person. Again, this is still not 100%.

Do you really think that they would have let her family know if they were not sure it was her?

He could also be heading south of the border. I hope they have some leads on him by now. He could go up to the panhandle and through southern Alabama and then into LA and Texas straight down to Mexico and beyond. He could hitch the whole way. But I have no idea how the border with Mexico is right now and if he could slip through.

Just all speculation. There was an Apple TV show not long ago that showed a whole family basically doing this - The Mosquito Coast. Wonder if he watched it.
He could, but at some point he would run out of money. More jobs on this side of the border.

JMO

Ok, so the warrant for the hard drive indicates the van arrived in BL's hometown on 09/01 at 10:26am. Given that, what is the mostly likely time he HAD to have left Spread Creek in order to get home?

35 hours drive, non stop. ~2400 miles. need to get gas about 6 times. i figure, 37-38 hours straight thru no sleep.

He would have had to leave no later than Aug. 30th at 9:30pm EDT or 7:30pm MDT.

Aug 30th 9:30pm EDT - Sept. 1st 10:30am EDT is about 37 hours.

Someone verify my math :)

I know this is a slightly annoying thing to say, but it's not 100% confirmed that the body found is Gabby. For all we know, it could be a false lead and be a completely different person. Again, this is still not 100%.
It would be beyond cruel for LE to publicly extend condolences to Gabby's parents if they had any indication whatsoever that it isn't her body.

Nope, just nope - LE doesn't work that way. IMO if there was even an inkling that searchers found a different person it would have been carefully stated in yesterday's presser. There's no reason to create drama where none exists and LE knows it. MOO

MOO "Stan" is how his caller ID showed up and was just saved to contacts (or not) that way instead of changing the name to Grandpa. Whoever had GP's phone, saw that this Stan keep calling and told GP's Mom to deal with it thinking that would end "Stan" from calling.

they were together for years - pretty sure Brian knew who Stan was

Was the time for this text or the snapchat given.

JMO the van really really bothers me the way it was parked... being OCD the position is not right.. Its pulled thru too far forward and the slide door of the van would be turned around to open to the creek so I could see the water...(this has caused friction with my hubby having to do several adjustments to get it just right for me....) then I pulling chairs rugs etc...making it homey. See how cold and closed up and so close to the road with only ONE pair of sandals.... feels off....

Its perfect for looking out the rear toward the creek and the sunset though.

There were several reports earlier of a BL sighting in AL. I don't know if they were ever verified.

Well crap. That makes all kinds of sense and I guess I’ll be eyeing all my workers tomorrow! :eek:

Lots of tips, but nothing confirmed in Mobile Brian Laundrie sightings

Law enforcement officials have chased more than a dozen tips about possible sightings of Brian Laundrie in the Mobile area, but authorities told FOX1-0 News that none have panned out.

Some bad memory speculation here: the motel room was thought to be the less desirable alternative - like staying there wouldn't be very pleasant. And since she was the one having high anxiety, it may have been better for her to stay in the van.
LE asked BL if he had money for a hotel. He never answered directly, but LE understood he didn't. They also assumed she didn't & tried to get her a hotel room too. Couldn't. Thus the van. It wasn't her preference.

Why do you think he would have made that trip to Coulter Bay? I can't wrap my head around why he left the van, then had to hitchhike back to it, if that is what he did.
Maybe to dispose of evidence and he thought he was being smart not taking his phone or the van in an effort to not be traced there? I don’t know, I don’t think he’s that bright. Moo

Watching John Walsh right now on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Walsh said he watched it with an FBI friend and both said it was classic signs of an abused woman who was intimidated by her male partner into saying she was the one who hit him. Apparently very typical in cases of DV when LE is called. They could see it very clearly in her behavior.

Very sad, they said if he'd been locked up then, she might still be alive.

Live now on CNN

CNNgo – Watch CNN TV live

John Walsh also saying he had a chance to make a deal, if his lawyer had talked to cops and offered to work with them, the boyfriend might have been able to negotiate something. As it stands now, he will get the book thrown at him. The parents may be in trouble, too.

Walsh calling him a coward who beat to death a lovely 90 lb young woman.
Wait do we know that’s how she died? Sorry these threads are super hard to keep up with

I'd like to think that if the van was picked up on the license plate scanner/camera they might now be able to backtrack on the vans travels and review any traffic cameras he would have encountered. Maybe be able to see whom was driving?
and surely he is on security cam video of gas stations he would have had to stop at? Or maybe it’s all been erased by now. Part of the Laundrie master plan of delay, delay, delay.

Some bad memory speculation here: the motel room was thought to be the less desirable alternative - like staying there wouldn't be very pleasant. And since she was the one having high anxiety, it may have been better for her to stay in the van.

The officers discussed it on camera and decided that the person who was being abused gets the hotel room per the agency that funds the room. They determined during the traffic stop that GP was the abuser. I greatly wish they had both been arrested. It would have forced Gabby to call her parents. );

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members