Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure when they found Gabby they had an initial clue if it was homicide, accidental, animal or natural causes. Even with the decomp there are things that give that away on scene.

They want it to be official. They may think this is legally required, but I wonder -

Ya that or from some else who wanted to help him. Without naming names lol

I am sure there is cash around. They had two months more planned. Even camping, its not cheap to stay on the road. It would be around $73 in gas from Moab to Jackson.

I assume they have a joint bank account for the trip, which he probably cleared out.

I don't see him staying on the run regardless of how much cash. It will always run out. If he's alive, he will probably spiral down to some theft and be caught or be spotted at a Walmart. If he's living homeless, the cash will be stolen.

Pay phones?

I'd hate to have to be a person relying on finding functional pay phones in this day and age, with the addition of a mind frazzled beyond belief by being a fugitive. In some areas, you'd have to walk miles to find one; and finding one inorganically probably requires a cell phone to run a search for them in the first place.

Did the FBI have the manifests flagged before at minimum mid-Friday (?) though, once they first learned that BL's parents had lied about him being parked on his butt in their house for the past 3.5 days?

I would suggest "no", considering that the FBI clearly didn't correct or alert the North Port police at any point in time; thus he indeed had a minimum 2.5-day start however one slices it.
The FBI can search flight manifests for past flights and would know if he had flown and where to focus their search efforts.

Another thing that hasn’t had much clarification that does matter is the story of him flying back to Florida to move stuff from a storage unit. Did he in fact do this? Was it Gabbys stuff? Did his parents know this and/or help? What was their understanding of why he did this if it happened?

Most crimes aren't termed "murder" until the Coroner rules on manner of death and, usually, cause of death.

Not strange to me at all - wait until tomorrow. I do believe that LE are treating this as a homicide investigation, but they can't call it that - just yet.

I doubt BL is in NY. But his attorney is.

LE has referred to “suspects” not POI in missing persons cases with no body… so the wording the media is using as far as POI still is odd. There’s just so much about this case that is not following the norm in investigations, it’s frustrating lol

Pay phones?

I'd hate to have to be a person relying on finding functional pay phones in this day and age, with the addition of a mind frazzled beyond belief by being a fugitive. In some areas, you'd have to walk miles to find one; and finding one inorganically probably requires a cell phone to run a search for them in the first place.
Pay phones... business landlines... other peoples cell phones. lots of ways to avoid cellular detection

I am not assuming he isn't an experienced hiker. But even if he isn't, their are many scenarios that might put him out there walking. In the day time you can see the sun and the mountains make pretty good land marks. I really don't see how anyone who has spent anytime outside could get lost in that flat riverland area. Snake river on one side and that highway. I bet you can hear the road traffic for miles. Sure up in the mountains you might starve before you found your way out though..
As a hiker and a hike leader, I have a saying that "Simple is fast." If there's a choice of walking on the side of a road/on an established trail on the one hand and bushwhacking (making your way through terrain with no trail) on the other, walking by the road or on the established trail will be much faster, even if that route is a bit longer than going as the crow flies.

Even if you don't get lost bushwhacking, you may have to make unexpected detours such as when you have to navigate around obstacles such as creeks crossing your path. Even if you're walking in a river valley, you may have to deal with crossing streams emptying into that river or areas where the river bank isn't wide enough to be passable.

Caveats: Some main roads are unpleasant or dangerous to walk next to. I don't know whether there was a path paralleling the road or going from the Spread Creek area towards Colter Bay Village. And if BL was trying to avoid detection as he went north, he might've avoided the road.

JMO

Pay phones?

Did the FBI have the manifests flagged before at minimum mid-Friday (?) though, once they first learned that BL's parents had lied about him being parked on his butt in their house for the past 3.5 days?

I would suggest "no", considering that the FBI clearly didn't correct or alert the North Port police at any point in time; thus he indeed had a minimum 2.5-day start however one slices it.

He may have lied to his parents. They may have thought that he really was at the preserve.

She did protect BL - but I think she was in no shape to be that calculating. I think she was psychologically abused so much that she was ready to believe what happened was her fault. She was in serious distress.

Putting together what her friend Rose & her dad have said & what can be observed on the video, one scenario that seems possible is that him hitting her that day was an escalation from emotional & psychological abuse to physical abuse. She does immediately blame herself for being "mean" to him & being OCD & for "getting frustrated," but she also has the wherewithal to tell LE that BL had been dissing/being dismissive of her & that he was a "downer." She also was able to tell LE that no, she had not grabbed the steering wheel from him,though she knew that's what BL told them.

What she seemed as much as anything was in shock, imo, which would make one kind of sense if he had escalated for the first time into physical violence and yet instead of helping her, LE is accusing her of violence.

I'm unwilling to disregard the possibility she had considerable agency going forward. That she sent BL packing to give her time alone to think about whether or not she wanted to stay with him after that assault, and that the reason why she's dead us because she decided she didn't want to stay with him and told him so.

BREAKING: The Laundrie Family attorney has just canceled his press conference which was supposed to be held Tuesday at 1pm. He says he made the decision after speaking with the FBI tonight.

https://twitter.com/kristinthorne/status/1440131306319400965?s=21

Wild about the Laundrie presser being canceled. Here’s what’s also wild. @ChrisCuomo reported tonight that Laundrie attorney told him they DID report Brian didn’t come home last Tuesday to “authorities” on Tuesday. @NorthPortPolice told Cuomo it wasn’t reported to them…. So who?

https://twitter.com/tiffanyalaniz/status/1440133951419465729?s=21

question... how does dispersed camping work? if you leave...someone else can grab your spot? so if you get one you better hang onto it?
would people be driving around often looking for someone to leave on busy days or times
Dispersed camping is camping without amenities- pit toilet, potable water,camp host, permits, etc and usually a distance from other camp sites. Anytime I’ve dispersed camped I haven’t come upon others or had them come upon me so I can’t speak to that aspect.

question... how does dispersed camping work? if you leave...someone else can grab your spot? so if you get one you better hang onto it?
would people be driving around often looking for someone to leave on busy days or times
That may be why some people have a large camper and another drives a smaller car or truck behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member