Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

When Jessica Schultz first spotted the white van near Grand Teton National Park one evening in late August, her first reaction was irritation.

The van’s driver seemed to have no idea where he was going, and was moving too slowly down a narrow, one-car-width road near a dispersed camping area called Spread Creek in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.

She was trapped behind the slow-moving vehicle until the driver at last halfway pulled over — with only the van’s nose off the road in an area that wasn’t a designated pull-out. This forced Schultz to drive off the road a bit to get around — and as she passed, she looked over and saw that the van’s driver was alone — a “generic” young white guy.

When Schultz and her friend first tipped off the FBI on Thursday, the two gave the agents coordinates of where they believed they last saw the van.

More at link above

Gabby Petito Tipster Recalls Guy in Van ‘Acting Weird’ Near Camping Area Where Body Was Found

Jessica Schultz says she alerted the FBI about a strange man she says she had encountered driving a van in the area and “acting weird” days after Petito was last seen alive.

I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie, authorities have been contacted but people in the North West Florida area be on the look out," a Facebook user named Sam Bass wrote last night about the picture taken at 6:17 a.m. local time Monday morning.

"Obviously we will keep everyone in the loop if and when there is anything to report," the sheriff's office added.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...ng-possible-laundrie-sighting-on-trail-camera

I don't know if that's him, (there are a lot of guys who look like BL imho), but how creepy to be looking through a trail camera and seeing that pop up??

I can’t help but think Brian made it.
If it is related to Gabby, I also think Brian made it, who else could it have been. In no way do I think that represents any kind of remorse. Her statements that he told her that she would not make it as a blogger screams to me somebody that was controlling, threatened that if she was successful she might leave him. Someone who is forward focused, meaning their outlook is what can I do to make my partner happy, does not behave like that, they support their partner. Someone who focuses inward, they view everything thru the lens of how it affects them, the priority is on their self. They seemed to have a toxic relationship which both were responsible for, Gabby had expressed to her mother thoughts of the troubles they were having, she did not know if they would continue to stay together. I can very easily see Brian having a thought if I can’t have you nobody can and giving his beloved Gabby a "thoughtful" burial so to speak. I don’t think he hated Gabby, that is not why he killed her. He was not getting what he wanted and that made him angry, the violence in him escalated to murder. The LE video where she protected him, never accused him of hitting her, took all the blame is classic. If I only behaved better he would not hit me, my behavior made him do it, I’m responsible.”

I dont see it in this article, but I thought they reported previously that he pulled over really suddenly in a weird place and stepped out of the van and was behaving oddly.
That's what I read in that article. He pulled half off the road with the back blocking half the road. Can't remember the other parts.

That TT makes it way easier to understand why he abruptly wanted out of the car he was hitchhiking in. Makes sense. Sounds like she was dead before dark on the 26th. Did he fly back just to kill her? If he did, I would think he would have had a plan.

There are no nations in the Western Hemisphere without extradition treaties with the US (for US citizens who are wanted in the US for crimes).

So, his best bet was to illegally enter Canada, flee to Alaska, and then find someone with a fishing boat willing to drop him off in Russia. The Russians would notice him. Would they send him back? Probably not. Maybe. But what would they do with him if they kept him?

I think he'd need a good sum of money to bribe someone to cross illegally into Russia's waters. I guess he could kayak across the Aleutian chain (yeah, right).

Mexico and the Caribbean are a lot closer..

Do you think he was asking the police what Gabby had said about him because he was worried what she might of said? Meaning theres a reason for her to say something even though she didnt?
Why would he not ask Gabby after they had spoken to the police rather than asking the police officer?
I feel like there was a lot of tension, negative emotion & no trust in the relationship and a lot of this was shown physically/mentally on the last few days of Gabby being alive?

But they suspected enough to not talk to LE. Still, that just goes to my statement that we have no idea when they actually lawyered up. We're just guessing.

100% they knew at 10:45 am when their son pulled into the driveway with Gabby's van alone, they knew. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation. IMO

Do we know anything specific about the Snapchat with the BFF on the 27th? Was it a back and forth exchange? I find it hard to believe BL would send that, leading the friend to expect another message on the 29th, if she was already dead. However -- reception out there is horrible, maybe she tried to send it earlier and it didn't go through. I don't know enough about how snapchat works. I figured she probably died on the 27th, after snap chatting the friend.
AGREE. Was she last sighted on the 27th or was she assumed to be alive for the snapchat of the 27th. I have it stuck in my brain that he killed her late on the 27th and either slept that night in the van or "hiked" off in the morning toward colter bay. jmo

CrimeDawg123 said:
What strikes me about BL and his fascination with dark things is not that he has had it, it's that he still has it at 23. I think teenage boys go through this phase often, but then grow out of it when they move towards adulthood and gravitate towards education/training and a career. He doesn't strike me as someone interested in taking responsibility for his future.

Its not strange for kids today to not move out of what some would consider childhood stage. Adults with full time jobs play pokemon go, movies made from comic books rule the screen, video games are a huge business, many still live at home, LARPing is pretty popular, writing fan fiction, etc. Its a generational thing to think of those things as childish, but things like golf, watching grown men play sports on TV, etc, isn't.

JB and Josh are now discussing NPPD calling this a criminal investigation lead by the FBI. I don't think he understands that a suspicious death on federal land would be considered a criminal investigation lead by the FBI. If the FBI investigation determines the suspicious death was not a homicide, they'll close the investigation with no charges.

Every criminal investigation does not result in criminal charges.

What the FBI said was only in reference to the search for BL. It could just be semantics at this point. I am not going to get excited until there is something to get excited about and we get clear confirmation.

North Port, FL police say as of 1pm nothing has been found in the reserve. No sign of Brian Laundrie.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440362821456261128?s=21
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440362821456261128?s=21

You've been through just a couple of these I'd imagine. Curious as to your thoughts. One would assume they have credible evidence to devote this amount of manpower to this hunt. Do you feel that's based solely on the info the parents provide or do you think they have additional information to support that theory. The cost of this 3rd search alone has to be insane

I have a feeling he won't be found but I sure hope I'm wrong

I've been thinking about Jessica Schultz's story in the San Francisco Chronicle. If BL was driving the van alone on the evening of 8/26 near where GP's body was found and we assume that GP was already dead in the back of the van, that means she died between her last phone conversation with her mother on the 25th (do we know what time that was?) and the evening of the 26th. All I've seen about that last phone conversation was that GP was "near GTNP." The couple's Dyrt list titled "craters to teton" included some campsites in Idaho, outside of Jackson Hole and the the Spread Creek and other campsites in the GTNP. Some interesting jurisdictional issues at play here depending on the ability to determine what happened in ID, WY or federal land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa