Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. All we have are secondhand accounts from people who knew Gabby. We’ve heard only positive things (obviously, b/c who in their right mind would be thinking let alone speaking negatives about a victim) but we are all just people. We all have good and bad qualities. Good moments and bad moments. It’s easy to lose sight of that. Especially when the reaction to situations like these is to make a villain out of someone. But the fact is we were not in their relationship so we will never know the ins and outs of their relationship and quite frankly it’s not our business. We can only infer from what we know and what we know is they’d been on a trip similar to this before and made it home. They lived together so they were used to sharing a space but perhaps this time was too much space for too much time. To me those are the bigger factors that make up the bigger picture.

/JMO

Trying to meet the expectations of what she has seen other vanlife influencers doing can be stressful. It can make an already stressful relationship expand beyond what they were both used to handling. I am one that believes that the fakeness of Instagram/Facebook lifestyles have convinced many young people that they just don't measure up in life. And is a major contributing factor in the explosive increase in youth suicide. Its one of the reasons I am holding a few percent of my near surety that he killed her for the possibility that she took her own life. And yes, I know everything else he's done since is reprehensible.

You're forgetting about Cuba, only 90 miles from Key West. Do his parents own a boat?

Cuba will arrest him for entering the country illegal. He can only be in Cuba on an authorized tour trip (not easy to arrange, btw and pretty expensive).

Traveling to Cuba

He would immediately be noticed and apprehended (and Cuba has been sending such people back, without a treaty - because it violates Cuba's own laws for him to be there).

And whoever risked taking him there would probably be caught, as well. Cuba does not authorize tour trips for tourism, even. While people in one of the authorized categories can go see sights (accompanied), you pretty much have to be an educator or a doctor to get into one of those groups.

So, he's banned from Cuba - not much reason to think he's there.

has that Laundrie nose? Head shape looks different, more flattened back of head in cam picture vs being quite oblong in other pictures, but head is also turned at different angle. Also maybe at 2-3 weeks of hair and beard growth?
He will likely be found with dyed blonde hair and dyed facial hair. Focus on the eyes; they are distinctive in their pronounced downward slant.

I could be wrong, have been many times before, but I don't see BL hiding in the woods/swamp. I see him tucked away cozy like in Mexico. Gabby's parents should put out a reward to the people of Mexico to deliver him live to U.S. authorities. They'll do it.

All just amateur opinion and speculation

@JerseyGirl wrote:

"Gabby’s missing persons report was filed by her mother in New York because the North Port police refused to file one at the request of Gabby’s father in Florida."

Oh this is sad and frustrating. Is this confirmed? Do you have a source?

I wonder what impact, large and small, this has had on the case. We may never know.

Oh what these poor parents have been through.

Glad to see others using this word & saying this again about the likelihood (low) of suicide, imo.
I am not convinced of the narcissism claims yet and do think there is a reasonable chance BL has killed himself. I think we all have tendencies toward projection, confirmation bias, and even circular reasoning at times. I know I have. It’s hard to keep in check.

Sure is the absolute most unique search pattern I recall ever seeing. I'm not familiar with strategies in Florida, so this may be highly professional... and, I suppose, there's not necessarily a natural law right/wrong involved.

Attachments

• N118FW.JPG
    N118FW.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 173
Isn't our last picture of BL at the traffic stop (Aug 12)? Does anyone know of a more recent photo? Wasn't he wearing a hat then?

How do we know how long his hair is right now? I would think it's grown out and that would be one of the first things he'd do, because most of his images show his head shaved - changing his appearance seems pretty important to not being caught. He may well have wanted to change his appearance right after that traffic stop (he looks really embarrassed throughout).

Can a person carry enough things in to eat to survive for a number of days?
Sure. I'm not as familiar with the wilderness elements in FL as the northern states, but especially with today's energy bars, a person could carry enough food to survive on for quite some time in a daypack. Especially if they're carrying a small filter or lifestraw and not relying on carrying a lot of water along. Not super convenient or super satisfying, but definitely doable. Outdoor gear is really compact these days, too. There's a stealth camper guy I follow on Youtube that sets up camp for the night in really odd places and stays out of sight, definitely doable without a huge obvious backpack if one is willing to give up some comforts.

What I don't know much about is the gators and snakes factor.

And all that said, I'm not 100% convinced that this isn't a diversion of some sort while they search somewhere else or are trying to draw him out of somewhere else.

I am not convinced of the narcissism claims yet and do think there is a reasonable chance BL has killed himself. I think we all have tendencies toward projection, confirmation bias, and even circular reasoning at times. I know I have. It’s hard to keep in check.
Sure thing. We all can't help but project onto the world from our own lived experiences. :)

Gator'
exactly what i said, drinking water wouldnt be a problem to find at all, i have seen leeches in the swamps though, those things are not good ughh[/QUOTee. Another things is gators are not normally aggressive unless you are near eggs or babies , its hunting season or mating season. I would be more afraid of water moccosins, they will chase you down to just bite you.

I don't think he is in the reserve. I do not think the FBI think he is in the reserve. They paused it a now making a big show of it on the media. Im wondering if it is a tactic to get him to think he has fooled them so he takes his chance now to make a run for the border and they have officers posted elsewhere.

I wonder if the Carlton reserve was always a distraction set up by the family and them searching it is leading BL to believe his parents are still keeping up the rouse, when really they are cooperating after the body found and yesterdays search. They searched that house with them inside, and no lawyer showed up when they are a family that lawyers up. It seems odd a lawyer not at the search. Maybe with the body being found, they realised BL lied to them. Remember we don't know the story BL told them.

Last edited:
IMO

I believe Brian told his parents about the Aug. 12 incident when he was back in Florida (or even via phone) to "clean out the storage unit" with the narrative of himself being the victim in that incident. Then he shows up on 9/1 (or calls beforehand) and claims she attacked him again, it didn't even well (he abandoned her, she took off, he injured her in self defense, etc.) and he is the real victim. This is how the parents could justify protecting him. (in their own minds, obviously.) I think it might be possible that they could buy into his narrative until the 911 call was released yesterday.

I think they are reprehensible. I'm not defending them at all. This is just what I imagine things looked like from their perspective.

A good defense attorney will fix that! Look at what Jose Baez did to Mr Anthony at trial!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
It takes some effort to kill someone though. Generally you don’t just slap someone and they die.
Unless --& I'm not defending him here-- she fell & hit her head, say. (Even then his actions prove culpability, imo.)

Often, men don't know their own strength. But to actually strangle someone? THAT would take effort. Minutes. Someone else here today mentioned a "blind rage" as a possibility. I don't know anything about that, or if it's been used often as a successful defense. That's another possibility, combined with his strength, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisstanchak