Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. All we have are secondhand accounts from people who knew Gabby. We’ve heard only positive things (obviously, b/c who in their right mind would be thinking let alone speaking negatives about a victim) but we are all just people. We all have good and bad qualities. Good moments and bad moments. It’s easy to lose sight of that. Especially when the reaction to situations like these is to make a villain out of someone. But the fact is we were not in their relationship so we will never know the ins and outs of their relationship and quite frankly it’s not our business. We can only infer from what we know and what we know is they’d been on a trip similar to this before and made it home. They lived together so they were used to sharing a space but perhaps this time was too much space for too much time.

/JMO
True. They were effectively stuck with each other in that tiny van for a few months, nobody else with them. We'll never know what went on not that it's our business anyway. Even if they find BL alive, i highly doubt he'll tell the actual truth because nobody will be able to say his account is wrong

What do you all think?

has that Laundrie nose? Head shape looks different, more flattened back of head in cam picture vs being quite oblong in other pictures, but head is also turned at different angle. Also maybe at 2-3 weeks of hair and beard growth?

Just some clarification on the white back pack on the front seat in the instagram footage. The footage is not a white backpack on top of a black one. It is a white packing cube on top of a black day pack. Both REI. It doesn't match the backpack seen in the trail cam footage. The screen shot of the footage is blurry, but if you watch it on instagram and zoom, you can clearly see the pattern of the fabric and the black square in the corner as well as the zips of the packing cube
- @bizarre_design_

View attachment 313808 View attachment 313810 View attachment 313809View attachment 313813
Thank you!! I've been looking at the photo in the front seat that came from their IG stories trying to figure out what that is. I believe the packing cubes can be seen in the back of the van on the body cam footage as well, which would make sense to put it back there while driving. Good work!

And now the neighbors are talking - he mowed and went for a bike ride too… article up thread

the guy has no remorse IMO
Isn't that sickening? Just the mental image of his mom and him out for a bike ride, sharing smiles on a warm summer day. While he knows Gabby is lying out on the rocks dead dead dead. What horrible people.

(mental image, not image)

Last edited:
Per The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office FB on the Baker trail cam: "No one - and nothing - of note was located. The individual referenced in the post below has no known ties to our area."

So they found no one, but they also don't have anyone in their community that looks like that? Is that how we are meant to read that?

I don't know why you say 100%. The friend, Rose, said GB would spend the night with her when they had a fight (maybe 7-10 times i think the quote said) His parents would know that she would spend the night elsewhere when they had a fight since she lived in the house with them. He could have told them she went to stay with Rose instead of coming back with him. Its a huge leap from thinking "dang son, you must have really pissed her off" to "hmm I wonder if he left her dead body next to a creek somewhere"

But theoretically they could have simply told Gabby's parents that when they asked. IMO

My question is, did he and mom go for bike rides together often or is this unusual behavior? Is this normal or an attempt at appearing normal?

Just thinking out loud...
Isn't that sickening? Just the image of his mom and him out for a bike ride, sharing smiles on a warm summer day. While he knows Gabby is lying out on the rocks dead dead dead. What horrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa