Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
helicopter on flight radar is moving off now. maybe ground crew have got him? or they are re fuelling
As much as i want to hope they found him, I'm going to guess they're refueling. My partner works with helicopters and searches sometimes and they definitely refuel multiple times a day (the ones he works with, at least).

Yeah they can see the injuries like that right away and rule likely homicide, but to conclusively prove what the actual cause of death is takes longer. They can see these things happened, but then they need to test other things to prove that those injuries are actually what caused the death.
Also approximately day and time. Covering all bases for criminal processes. Good for him.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!

If it is true that she was buried, that would be a big clue that she was murdered. It would rule out suicide or death by the elements, and would conclude that someone else was there and wanted to hide her body.

So how many alligators are within the limits of that circled area? There must be a statistic for alligators per acre in that type of habitat? Adults?
It's hard to imagine how many alligators are in that area. It connects to Myakka State Park and there are thousands of gators along the Myakka River. I fish there a lot from Oct till April. The big bull gator get very aggressive at dusk. There is no way I would want to be there at night. There is also 15' pythons, and 6 species of poisonous snake there. Also it is very flooded as the river is 5' above it's normal level. MYAKKA RIVER NEAR SR 72 NEAR SARASOTA, FL - USGS Water Data for the Nation

My son brought up a thought. Perhaps BL went south to the Everglades and then to the keys. A hike is estimated at 39 hrs., and he could have utilized the Tamiami Trail. If he left early Tuesday, and not reported missing until Friday evening, he had more than enough time to land in the Everglades and then to the keys. This is pure speculation. I just thought my son's angle was interesting and wanted to share it.
& It is a lot less travelled down that way. With family near North Port we have driven to the Keys before from there. Not a real populated route-although Tamiami is. But if people weren’t looking for him yet, it’s easy to get passed that portion of the traveling without being noticed.

I'd prefer he give up his client's current location and an apology for the parent's obvious collusion and a statement that they are all turning themselves in.

Really? Sounds like borderline malpractice to me.

I get the angst regarding Gabby's death, but to expect an attorney to just suddenly go against a client's wishes and sell them out is a step too far. Representing garbage people is not an easy job. Save the gnashing of teeth for Brian and (maybe) his parents.

Last edited:
May I ask a question? The threads move so fast (as you all know), that when I leave the computer I can't find the answer to my questions. My last input was about the "deer cam" which may have shown Brian in a small town. A guy who was tall,bald with a backpack. I'd like to know how to find the newest pages without going through a few hundred to get to it? Any suggestions? And was the deer cam explained?

Would it not just be easier for him to hand himself in?
If he were an adult with a concsience and had remorse, he would have turned himself in long ago. He has cost many law enforcement agencies a lot of money to look for him as well as for Gabby.
If he truly loved her, he would have turned himself in right away and called for help for her. A normal person does not leave a loved one out in the elements for animals and the climate to deal with. Is that how her parents should see her next? If he did this, he is either running, hoping to get away with it or he has committed suicide. If the latter is the case, I hope he confessed to his parents and I hope they have the decency to tell her parents what happened. The rest of us don't need to know, but privately, her parents do.
If he is running, he needs to know, he will be caught. In this day and age, under the scrutiny of cameras everywhere, and super sleuths online, he will be found. He won't sleep peacefully ever again knowing what he did. His life will forever be a living hell. Running is selfish. His parents' lives are ruined. His sister, sharing those beautiful postcards, what are she and her family going through? His running is making his loved ones suffer. If he is alive, it's time to go home and turn himself in. He needs to be a man and face the consequences of his actions. If he was old enough to drive cross country and live the van life, and old enough to have a fiance, then he needs to be old enough to be an adult, be a man and face the reality and consequences for his actions. No more playing hide and seek.

I’d prefer him to keep his mouth shut as his client is most likely the reason she is dead. Moo
The only satisfaction I get is the bill his parents are getting - likely $450/hr or more
JMO
But yes he wouldn’t he speaking unless his clients directed him to comment or release statements - these parents continue to cover for their son who is a POI in a homicide
JMO

I have tried but I can not think of any reason at all why a man would leave his sweetheart behind and drive home in her van with her phone.

Then we find out he left his dead sweetheart behind. Makes no sense

You would never leave someone you love behind laying in a field unprotected from the elements.

Just spit ballin here..
Incapable of love.? No arm chair psychology or internet diagnosis here. However, some people are incapable of love and some people are incapable of telling the truth and to go even further, some people do not have a conscience and that is very very frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj