Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought this too. Seeing pics of that creek area where the van was pulled over. If they had gotten out to explore and then what you said happened. Tons of rocks there! But then why do you think was the van in that weird spot for three days?
Possibly his initial freak out was to run, which turned into a hike while he considered his options, and then he was so far away he had to hitch back?

We do not know that to be true. I do not see why BL coming home alone with the van was much different from BL flying home alone the week prior. He simply could have told them that she was staying in WY with her friend for her birthday, which had been a well established plan before. GP's mother said it was not until possibly NINE days after the 8/30 text that she started getting concerned. “I believed she was in a place with no service,” Schmidt said. “It was day eight, nine that I really became concerned and I figured she couldn’t be off the grid for that long.”‘We just want her home’: Woman from Long Island goes missing on road trip with boyfriend | PIX11

I haven't heard anything about the relationship between GP and BLs parents prior to this incident. I have been married for 17 and I have Inlaws who never pick up the phone when I call there and then call my husband and ask why I might be calling. I do not think it is a stretch for them to start pressuring their kid about why GP's family is calling. I do not believe they constitutionally did anything wrong to hire an attorney. I work in the legal field. That is exactly what I would tell my family. The only way this story starts changing is if they think he is guilty of something. From the day she is reported missing to the day BL is reported to have left for the preserve is three days. I do not think it is a stretch for an attorney to tell their client who is professing their innocence to not talk to the police.

The country is vilifying this family for the hideous acts their son likely made. I am certain if he had a criminal record we would have heard about it already. I know conspiracy theories a fun to entertain but if you just break it down there are less dramatic scenarios that make make more sense. I always try to look at it from the point of view of a juror. And is there a plausible explanation. For BL I sadly do not see one. However, for his parents to not dragged their child to the police station and reported information that they did not have, against legal counsel's advice, there is. MOO
None of that explains why they got legal counsel when Brian came home. If he told them she was off with a friend why would they need a lawyer?

Brian Entin has video from Tuesday night with no Mustang.
When he came back on Wednesday, he took video showing the Mustang.

Yes, I know that. It has been stated repeatedly. My point is, there is no timestamp on that video (I have watched it). And another MSM is stating something else ... another reputable source.

Which one is correct? Which one is mistaken?

If you have that many subscribers, you may be monetized I believe. I'm not sure what level of subs you need to get monetized but there's also sponsors etc so I imagine at some point, you have to give your info for tax reasons. I'm not 100 that that's how it works but I reckon.

I think it was determined that she was not monetized at the time of her death. I could totally be wrong on that though.

He deleted the messages as they come in or he blocks Gabby's parents on his parents' phone.

Or he asks his parents not to respond to them. <modsnip>
I don't buy that, as there is a pattern here.

Brian's parents never report Gabby missing, despite her van being parked outside their house for days and days.

They know Brian and Gabby left together, and should be returning together.

A desperate family reaches out to them, and they callously ignore those messages.

Brian disappears, and they delay reporting his disappearance for a couple days.

They refuse to speak to law enforcement, while a frantic search is taking place across the country.

Gabby's family continues to make gut wrenching pleas for the Laundrie family to do the right thing, and they are met with tone deaf remarks from the Laundrie's attorney, and silence from the Laundrie family.

I see no innocent explanation here.

As soon as i saw the MOAB video that was on ABC news--I think it was now about a week ago. . . I said outloud--she's not alive. There was in the video just too many indications of a unsafe relationship, submissive behavior, her "I'm sorry it's my fault' as she first spoke to LE, his constant peering at the SUV she was sitting in while the LE spoke to him, his finger pointing about her 'anxiety', him refusing water as he 'didn't believe in plastic" (is that even a thing), his discussion and aligning with the police, all of it. I just felt it. . . I think many of us did. It shocks me that it took the MSM so many days to really comment on the red flags that we saw. MOO
My first thought was about their relationship. DV never entered my mind, because everyone friends, co workers, parents, all said how much in love and happy they were. Even after her disappearance they were saying they had never seen any indication of a violent relationship. Even her father said that. So, if it existed, why did they hide it? Why take off on a cross country trip with a violent person. I'm just trying to understand not placing blame because I don't know all the details. I think there has to be much more than what a 45 minute body cam shows. That's what's scary, how does one ever know?

We do not know that to be true. I do not see why BL coming home alone with the van was much different from BL flying home alone the week prior. He simply could have told them that she was staying in WY with her friend for her birthday, which had been a well established plan before. GP's mother said it was not until possibly NINE days after the 8/30 text that she started getting concerned. “I believed she was in a place with no service,” Schmidt said. “It was day eight, nine that I really became concerned and I figured she couldn’t be off the grid for that long.”‘We just want her home’: Woman from Long Island goes missing on road trip with boyfriend | PIX11

I haven't heard anything about the relationship between GP and BLs parents prior to this incident. I have been married for 17 and I have Inlaws who never pick up the phone when I call there and then call my husband and ask why I might be calling. I do not think it is a stretch for them to start pressuring their kid about why GP's family is calling. I do not believe they constitutionally did anything wrong to hire an attorney. I work in the legal field. That is exactly what I would tell my family. The only way this story starts changing is if they think he is guilty of something. From the day she is reported missing to the day BL is reported to have left for the preserve is three days. I do not think it is a stretch for an attorney to tell their client who is professing their innocence to not talk to the police.

The country is vilifying this family for the hideous acts their son likely made. I am certain if he had a criminal record we would have heard about it already. I know conspiracy theories a fun to entertain but if you just break it down there are less dramatic scenarios that make make more sense. I always try to look at it from the point of view of a juror. And is there a plausible explanation. For BL I sadly do not see one. However, for his parents to not dragged their child to the police station and reported information that they did not have, against legal counsel's advice, there is. MOO
I think his parents made their own bed. I don't think less of them for protecting their son. I do think less of them for not returning Gabby's parent's texts and phone calls. In my honest opinion, I believe they could have protected him, as in getting an attorney and still let her family know that Gabby wasn't with him. It's hard to feel sorry for them.

That does not explain refusing to speak to Gabby's family at all or to relate what their son told them.

Aside -
"Van gets picked up"? What does this refer to? It was at their home.
I meant the van got picked up from the home by LE. Taking the calls from GP's mom out of the picture, wouldn't this be the first time they really knew something wasn't right? If he had them convinced everything was "fine" and just gave them whatever reason for showing up, then they wouldn't have known?

Another scenario just popped in my head - I've seen it stated a few times that GP was supposed to meet up with a friend in Yellowstone on the 29th (I think). Maybe he said they needed a break, tensions were high, so he drove home for a little while instead of getting a hotel and she was going to hang out with her friend. Do we know how many times GP's mom tried to contact BL and his mom?

Agree! And the pack he’s carrying looks exactly like the one sitting in the driver’s seat of van in Red, White & Bethune slowed version of video (looking back on van). And what an unusual pack/backpack to boot! Almost white with lots of black strapping.
Surely this man caught on a trail cam has to be him?

Look at those ears! They are definitely his! Chunky folded over ones at an angle.

Which surely lends credence to the notion that he’s had some assistance in fleeing…or laying a false trail of breadcrumbs…

Last edited:
The parents are really interesting in that they seem prepared to “go down with the ship”. I mean, maybe I just don’t understand because I’ve never been one to overly defend my kids (probably to a fault) because I know that kids aren’t always telling the truth and don’t always make smart decisions. I personally would be more likely to let the cops take my kid to jail and then iron things out with a lawyer…and then sue if the police did anything wrong. But the last thing I would want to do is land myself in jail right next door to my own kid. So I don’t understand this silence, this willingness to take it on the chin for a rogue son. I feel like there are a lot of missing pieces. Were the parents also victims of a narcissistic son who controlled them? Were they afraid of him???? Was it the other way around? Such a weird family dynamic.

Occam's Razor.

And what plausible, innocent scenario would cause a parent to refuse to speak to the parents of the girl who just didn't come back with their son?

This is where the hammer meets the nail IMO.

THERE REALLY ISN'T ANY, even if Gabby leaves him, goes crazy, or whatever. He still had an obligation to get her home safely or inform her parents where she was so they could go get her.

FWIW this could be his parents distancing themselves from him, who knows they may have told him to leave?

BL came home and told his parents they broke up and Gabby went off with someone else. He is not himself and his parents assume he’s heartbroken and upset about the breakup. His parents feel Gabby is enemy #1 for breaking up with their child and running off with someone else. They proceed with “normal” family activities (biking, chores around the house, etc.) to keep their son busy and keep his mind off the devastating breakup.

Then Gabby’s parents start contacting BL’s parents and BL’s parents don’t want to get involved because it’s not their relationship - it’s BL & Gabby’s relationship and they are adults (plus they are still upset with Gabby for breaking their son’s heart and have no desire to speak with her parents). Then reports that Gabby is REALLY missing surface and they think Gabby has run into trouble after she left BL. But they are concerned that things look bad for their son (and maybe they even start to have suspicions), so they contact a lawyer who tells them to speak to anyone.

So that's not an innocent decision or being duped by their son's story.

As for grown people not wanting to get involved or refusing to speaking to the parents of a girl who has lived with them for two years bc they think she broke his heart (nevermind that he drove HER van home), even knowing that they are worried about their child's safety - whew, that suggests a level of dysfunction so deep as to be fiagnosable in the DSV, not anything reasonable or defensible.

He had her van.

"She let me drive the van home. She'll come by at some point and pick up the van and the rest of her things."

Believable to us? Maybe not.
Believable to the parents? Maybe so.

The parents definitely made a big ethical and moral mistake by not speaking with Gabby's parents. There are always two sides to every story, and it would have been good if these two sets of parents collaborated.

It is one thing to try to flee in a mad dash out of the US... It is another thing to survive, long term, somewhere else. undetected without friends or resources... does BL speak Spanish? Reportedly (?) has some mechanical abilities; good at driving... cannot work legally; if his parents send him money, it would need to be by some secret devious untraceable (unreliable?) method... IMO,all of this is impractical.
I'm sure it would be easier to disappear into the homeless population of a large city right here in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikishaF