Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on this:
Why wait to get the car? So there would be a note put on it to prove the care was in that preserve, pointing in that direction even if it was false.
Why not call Gabby's parents when Brian came home without her? Maybe because they were told that Gabby was the one that walked away and said she'd find her own way home. (I, however would still have called her parents AND gone out looking for her. But that is me)
Why wait so long on the Autopsy? Hoping Brian would show up. Right now, there is no crime, no reason for him to hide. If they find evidence of foul play, there would be a crime.
Why stay hidden if you are not guilty? IF Gabby had run off saying she would find her own way home and something happened to her, he would look guilty no matter what.

I like to look at the situation from all sides. I didn't like what I saw in the body cams on the Utah stop. He played the victim, which is not the same as explaining the situation and actually being the victim. I hope they find him. I'd like to know what he has to say about coming home without her. I don't have any friends who would come home without the person they left with if they did not know where they were. They'd stay and call and get help and search until they dropped.

Loaning a child a vehicle knowing the vehicle owned by the victim of the armed robbery is parked in your driveway does implicate you in the armed robbery.

jmo
The key word in this sentence is "knowing" and there's no evidence that BL parents knew he was complicit in any crime whatsoever.

I get what you are saying but NPPD should be ashamed they didn’t keep their eyes on him.

I wonder if the lawyer ever saw him on a video call or even talked to him. Who's the client? The parents or Brian? If he's representing Brian, I would think he'd want to see him. But sometimes lawyers believe less is more.

I don't buy that, as there is a pattern here.

Brian's parents never report Gabby missing, despite her van being parked outside their house for days and days.

They know Brian and Gabby left together, and should be returning together.

A desperate family reaches out to them, and they callously ignore those messages.

Brian disappears, and they delay reporting his disappearance for a couple days.

They refuse to speak to law enforcement, while a frantic search is taking place across the country.

Gabby's family continues to make gut wrenching pleas for the Laundrie family to do the right thing, and they are met with tone deaf remarks from the Laundrie's attorney, and silence from the Laundrie family.

I see no innocent explanation here.

What if BL got hold of his parents mobiles and blocked Gabby's parents numbers? They'd be none the wiser about them trying to get in touch.

BL came home and told his parents they broke up and Gabby went off with someone else. He is not himself and his parents assume he’s heartbroken and upset about the breakup. His parents feel Gabby is enemy #1 for breaking up with their child and running off with someone else. They proceed with “normal” family activities (biking, chores around the house, etc.) to keep their son busy and keep his mind off the devastating breakup.

Then Gabby’s parents start contacting BL’s parents and BL’s parents don’t want to get involved because it’s not their relationship - it’s BL & Gabby’s relationship and they are adults (plus they are still upset with Gabby for breaking their son’s heart and have no desire to speak with her parents). Then reports that Gabby is REALLY missing surface and they think Gabby has run into trouble after she left BL. But they are concerned that things look bad for their son (and maybe they even start to have suspicions), so they contact a lawyer who tells them to speak to anyone.

I personally am of the opinion that most parents in the Laundrie's position would at >bare MinimuM< pick up the phone, or send a brief text saying SOMETHING - even "hey, Brian said there was an arguement and we are choosing to let the kids work it out". Their silence is undoubtedly because they believed she was dead, and whether by accident (we know it wasn't now) or by deliberate intention by Brian. My opinion, of course, but I can't fathom how anyone could not at least offer something other than 100% silence. It's mind blowing to me that anyone can defend them.

Blue Point pays tribute to Gabby Petito by lining streets with teal ribbon

A Long Island community is honoring the life of Gabby Petito with ribbons resembling the color of her eyes.

An autopsy performed Tuesday confirmed that the body found in Wyoming Sunday is Petito.

The Johnny Mac Foundation lined the streets throughout the community with teal ribbons before the announcement was made.

The color was chosen by Petito's mom, Nicole Schmidt, to resemble her daughter’s eyes, according to Johnny Mac Foundation founder Jennifer McNamara.

Family members say they hope loved ones, friends and strangers will look at them and think of Petito.

The foundation and neighbors are inviting everyone to tie the ribbons to show the family they are supported in this dark time.

She says they plan to hang them along the rest of Blue Point Avenue, as well as Atlantic Avenue and Montauk Highway.

My first thought was about their relationship. DV never entered my mind, because everyone friends, co workers, parents, all said how much in love and happy they were. Even after her disappearance they were saying they had never seen any indication of a violent relationship. Even her father said that. So, if it existed, why did they hide it? Why take off on a cross country trip with a violent person. I'm just trying to understand not placing blame because I don't know all the details. I think there has to be much more than what a 45 minute body cam shows. That's what's scary, how does one ever know?

I don't think one ever does know; and we can either accept this and move forward; or we can let it turn us completely untrusting of people.

By which I mean to say, most of us don't wind up knowing or getting involved by someone who is guilty of murder; but everyone has at least one friend whom they've discovered after years is shady in some way and they've hidden it; or at least I have, lol. Whether it's the casual shoplifter or the dine-and-dasher, most of these people aren't dumb enough to try and pull these off in your presence immediately - they wait until they've gotten to know you for a couple years, which also indicates that they know it's wrong and that other people would judge them wrongly for their actions.

If it were just that simple.

I can think of several plausible narratives that a supportive parent would believe.

He may be guilty of murder and they may be guilty of helping him afterwards.

It is just not always as simple as some people want it to be.

Please-tell me what he could have said that wouldn’t somehow sound like “I killed Gabby, left her body in the woods and drove off with a van that belongs to her” to his parents. Especially once Gabby’s mother tried to reach them, over and over again

While everyone responds differently to being cooped up with another person for extended periods, I can imagine a young, relatively inexperienced couple travelling & living together in a small van would be a prime scenario for generating interpersonal tension.

Indeed, we know there were tensions between BL & GP during their trip which escalated to the point of physical assault & an emergency call made by a bystander on 12 August with the documented incident in Moab.

But then only a few days later, BL returned home for almost a week. Putting aside the ostensible purpose of that trip (which itself raises questions) this 6 days apart would have acted as a circuit breaker and allowed BL & GP some relief from what seems to have become a pressure cooker situation.

After 6 days apart from your “love”, especially given the circumstances here (you’re halfway through an incredible trip; your partner is alone by herself on other side of country; you’ve had some time to reflect on how things are going & think about how you might help to improve the experience, reduce tensions etc) I think most people would have been very keen - if not desperate - to reunite. At the very least, one would expect that 6 days apart would have acted as a kind of emotional “reset”.

GP was murdered within a few days of BL’s return from that week away from her. It makes me wonder what specifically precipitated her death, so soon after being reunited with BL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member