Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, BL's parents initially said BL would be at Clayton Reserve because he liked to go there. Then they took K9s that picked up his scent.

If BL liked Clayton Reserve and spent a decent amount of time there, it stands to reason he may have had a favorite spot. Or he had made/found a little hiding spot. We know he left with a backpack - but maybe he had more. Maybe he's holed up in this secluded spot he found long ago with 2 weeks of food/water and other necessities. That doesn't seem like a huge stretch to me. Unless there's literally nowhere on there not infested with gators.

View attachment 313929

Strange tattoo imo looks like fingers gouges to me.
Gabby-Petito-tattoo.jpg

So this morning i felt like Brian would be found dead or alive in the reserve, but now I’m starting to wonder if this was all an elaborate getaway plan between him and his parents.

Could it be that they brought the car home so that police would be convinced that Brian was trapped in the swamp without a car and only look there?

<modsnip> A 23 year old isn’t a child. He should have his own place and he AND his fiancé should not be living with his parents. He should have a job. He should be held liable for stealing someone’s van and should have a vehicle of his own and not have to borrow his parents car. They have created him, babied him, enabled him and are likely hiding him. They are complicit in his actions and decisions. JMO <modsnip>

I hope the police can legally question them and/or arrest them soon.

So this morning i felt like Brian would be found dead or alive in the reserve, but now I’m starting to wonder if this was all an elaborate getaway plan between him and his parents.

Could it be that they brought the car home so that police would be convinced that Brian was trapped in the swamp without a car and only look there?

This. I always hear people say that say they're OCD about things that bother them but it's not a real diagnosis. My teenage nephew literally thought that it stood for "obsessive cleaning disorder" (we all had a good laugh)... because so many people, mostly younger people, casually use it in that context - like people joke that they're "OCD about" having things clean or specific. I think more people than not like things tidy or done a certain way, doesn't mean they really have a compulsive disorder.
I read on here somewhere that Gabby's dad said on the Dr. Phil show that Gabby was NOT OCD. She was not diagnosed with that. She was just saying that or exaggerating, but didn't really mean it in its clinical term.
Is this the house and bedroom that Gabby occupied with Brian? Rather small, a twin bed?
'Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed
It is a three bedroom home. Only 2 bedrooms are showed in the listing. Possibly Gabby had her own room? Or they shared one that isn't shown?

Is it just me, or did there appear to be blood on one of the trees in the video? Also, there's some talk in the replies that it's not actually evidence markers - but I'm not sure?
Yeah maybe she's wrong about them. Really hard to know. Hopefully CNBC wouldn't put out something false, but I bet it wouldn't be the first time. I find it weird that they were out there walking the area to begin with. I mean I know it's been opened, but it feels weird.

"She let me drive the van home. She'll come by at some point and pick up the van and the rest of her things."

Believable to us? Maybe not.
Believable to the parents? Maybe so.

The parents definitely made a big ethical and moral mistake by not speaking with Gabby's parents. There are always two sides to every story, and it would have been good if these two sets of parents collaborated.

We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

Yes! Wouldn't be surprised if there is more than one lawyer now --there's so much evidence and material to review! Easily six figure legal bills at this point.

My guess is that Brian initially told his parents something so concerning (illegal/criminal) that they immediately retained an attorney. That attorney may have advised the parents and Brian to not speak to each other regarding Brian's trip and whatever occurred. Just absolutely not discuss it. Brian's communications with his parents isn't privileged so the less they discuss the better. This would be in Brian's best interest. This also shields the parents too and they can do a lot of "I dunno, I had no idea."

Just hoping those legal bills are well into the six figures at this point and soon the parents will realize their whole life's savings is going to be depleted. Might help the parents change their approach and cooperate more.

Just jumping off your post .... I looked up their lawyer last night, to see what his professional experience is. He covers almost all segments of law. Real estate, business, civil and commercial litigation, personal injury.

His criminal case experience amounts to:
  • DWI and Narcotics Violations
  • Burglary & Larceny
  • Rape & Sexual Offenses
  • Assault & Battery
  • Trespass & Disorderly Conduct
  • Traffic Offenses – Suspended Licenses
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

He may be in over his head on this case.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't seen this Q asked: Did G's van have a dashcam??

I am curious if he planned on giving some kind of speech about how the parents knew nothing but then the FBI told him they were likely to be charged with something like aiding/abetting and he canceled it. This is speculation, moo.
yes FBI had to wait for homicide from coroner, and now naming BL as suspect.... has that happened yet.
pretty much from FBI press conference however they found her made it clear it was a homicide. The attorney probably thought they could get off with their 5 words of "may gabby rest in peace" and be good. but yeah, they knew it was a homicide and accessory chargers would be coming up.
Mentioned this before but will mention again. If in fact BL is alive and arrested, this case will be FEDERAL from being on federal land. it also means while BL can plead the 5th a grand jury can call on his parents to testify and they cannot plead the 5th.

Again as stated in this thread 1000 times now, the parents are not talking. They should not talk. They are doing the right thing by not talking. You don't know what they knew, if anything, when they knew it.

You realize this is the hottest case in the country right now? You're reading into "May Gabby rest in peace" so imagine they said anything else, you would twist and turn it however you see fit to make them look like monsters. You don't know what happened, none of us do. I don't understand how this continues to be allowed here. IMO his parents are victims as they lost their soon to be daughter-in-law and now possibly their son.

The frenzy around this is absolutely insane.
Agree, at this point no comment will suffice. They put themselves in this position though, refusing to communicate with Gabby’s family even before LE was involved, that is beyond incomprehensible to me. As you stated, Gabby was possibly their soon to be daughter in law. I have no sympathy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal