Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are too composed (MOO) for parents with a kid who is allegedly bumbling around in a flooded swampy park being hunted by tons of cops and federal agents, too. Which is why I believe they know he is safely out of the area. They aren’t seeming scared of him being bit by a snake or attacked by an alligator because they know he is not at risk of that wherever he is. Was he ever at that park? Yes, probably just the parking lot, but it was IMO to be picked up and taken out of town.

I think he entered the park specifically to take his own life, but I hope you're right, and not me.

This story, like so many others before hurts. Young women are too afraid to be alone and will stay with a man who could easily betray their trust and sometimes kill them, literally over nothing. Time and again. I wonder if her family is going over the history of this relationship and wondering what they missed. Did Gabby, like so many other young women before fall victim to the narcissistic sociopath's charms? According to her friend, she saw he was no good. As bystanders to this tragedy, we can only speculate to what transpired between them. Maybe she kept a diary. I hope the young women who may be in the same situation as Gabby was will try to find a way to escape and be safe from men they can not trust.

I appreciate that but it's a vast area. Has anybody seen topographical maps or not?

i can’t credit this to original poster who said they live 15 mins away from Carlton Reserve so please delete of not allowed. I copied this because I found it informative and apparently it may shed some light on questions people here have about the reserve:

If you took a team of Navy Seals and dropped them off in the middle of this reserve, theyd not last very long, granted longer than most folks, but not more than 3-4 days at the max. What you cant see from the news choppers is that the swamp is almost impossible to manuever through. From the air all you see is grass. That 'grass' is anywhere from 3 feet tall to over your head. Furthermore, the ground that grass grows on, floats on top of water in many areas. You aint walking through it. Forget about the millions of deadly snakes and spiders, and silly gators, the mosquitos will literally eat a person alive, a person stuck in that situation would lose his effin mind from the nonstop relentless onslaught of squeeter bites, up your nose, in your eyes, in your ears, bite bite bite.... Now if all those things werent bad enough theres one more thing thats more deadly than all those things combined. The humidity. It gets soo hot and humid in a swamp, you'd never survive without a constant supply of drinking water and shade. You cant drink swamp water, its brackish, a combination of fresh water and salt water. And for those that have suggested he could be up in a tree....NO. Not a chance in hell. I dare anyone to go into a swamp and climb a tree, ill call the paramedics you now. Ya know whats in ALL those trees? ANTS. All kinds of ants, and they all bite,some with deadly results. Fire ants even swim!! They clump up into massive balls, millions of them, and they float across the water. If you swam or stepped into that, you'd be dead within the hour. So imo, there is absolutely zero chance he'd be in there, he knew all of this, he lives there, hell we all know these things down here. Ironically, the gators are the least of his worries, you can swim with them and typicaly, gators will leave a person alone, even if youre in the water 10 feet from them. Now mating season is a bit different. In that case, if you get close to a gator den, you sir are royally. I once came up on a gator while in my flat bottom boat, i simply didnt see it, stealty little fellas. He popped up next to me and lunged for me, landing half way in the boat. I smacked it with my fishing rod, its all i had, and it took off. I may have peed a little. But that is about the only time you should be leary of a gator.

If he was in the Carlton Reserve, I think a helicopter with a heat-seeking camera would've picked him up in there by now.

I'm a great believer that he was caught on the Deer Trail Cam in Baker, FL which is 500 miles north.
The man in the footage looks just like him, especially the ears.
The man in the footage also does NOT look like a hunter, and it was taken at 06.14hrs. I think he was up early and carrying on with his running away.

Attachments

• Image_1632250059.jpg
    Image_1632250059.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,793
Thank you for clearing that up. When I was watching live after that time, they were replaying edited helicopter footage and the anchor said that their copter spotted what they believed to be a body but they would not be showing the footage.
Yes, it appears it was quickly deleted because the footage now stops short of where the helicopter made a larger circle and passed over the body.

Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, tells Fox News on Wednesday that her parents will be issuing a statement when her body arrives home from Wyoming.

The development comes as the Teton County coroner tells Fox News’ Jeremy Copas that the 22-year-old's remains are still in his possession as forensic testing remains ongoing, including microscopic and toxicology examinations.

The coroner said the test results could be coming back in the next few days or weeks.

However, Petito’s body will not be given back to her family until the FBI allows it, the coroner added.
Gabby Petito: Cops zero in again on Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

At this stage, I would not want to be a young balding adult male with baggy pants and a backpack, anywhere in the country. It is mind blowing how many people are aware of Gabby’s murder and discussing it. I wonder why this particular case has touched everyone. I am glad that crowdsourcing is front and center-it works.

No matter how much I look I just don't think there's anything here to indicate that she was buried, or that any of these photos or the video shows her body. I don't think even the Sun would stoop that low.

There was a Facebook live that accidentally caught it. I was watching it and they panned away quickly. They then zoomed in the footage in the live to make sure she wasn’t shown. I don’t think “buried” is the right word IMO from what I saw. More like some rocks moved over her.

They are too composed (MOO) for parents with a kid who is allegedly bumbling around in a flooded swampy park being hunted by tons of cops and federal agents, too. Which is why I believe they know he is safely out of the area. They aren’t seeming scared of him being bit by a snake or attacked by an alligator because they know he is not at risk of that wherever he is. Was he ever at that park? Yes, probably just the parking lot, but it was IMO to be picked up and taken out of town.

Yes. You'd need a psychopathic level of denial to continue to perpetuate this cruel and malevolent deceit against the family of a young woman you took into your home, against her memory in favor of your son who you now know is internationally wanted for murder.

They don't look brave in the face of hearing of their sons dead body.

They look composed and secure he is safe, but not anywhere near risking coming back to their home or their daughter's home or breaking into a neighbor or friends home.

I'm beginning to think he is indeed in his old stomping grounds in New York while they coldly allow this massive search to go one.

They have to know their futures are ruined and if they get to keep their home in a lawsuit, it will forever be tagged.

Agreed. I think he is still alive.

Thanks. Very informative.
For some reason THIS confirms it for me.
Once house searched- something shifted IMO
They must KNOW he’s in there (alive or deceased ) pings, electronics, interviewing parents, his last computer searches, whatever.

Godspeed.

MOO

or…. They found nothing and Carlton is the ONLY possible lead they have. MOO

Poor Gabby. She outed their private abuse situation in public, got the police involved and put Brian in a sticky situation. From his point of view, she endangered him, exposed him, crossed him, defied him. The whole situation blew his gaskets.
When she lived in his parental lair, all cozily tucked up in his bedroom, she was easily controlled. The website threatened his capture of her and opened their lives up to the world. She simply wouldn't knuckle under to his grand plan for her. She wanted the world. He wanted a captive in Mommy and Daddy's house, in his bedroom, compliant, timid and willing be shut up.
Didn't work. He lost patience. Gave up. Threw her away...permanently.

If he was in the Carlton Reserve, I think a helicopter with a heat-seeking camera would've picked him up in there by now.

I'm a great believer that he was caught on the Deer Trail Cam in Baker, FL which is 500 miles north.
The man in the footage looks just like him, especially the ears.
The man in the footage also doesn't look like a hunter, and it was taken at 06.14hrs. I think he was up early and carrying on his running away.

And the shirt looks the same as in this photo...
possible-laundrie-1.jpg

image_1632250059-jpg.314020

WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

I find the observation you raised about the comparisons between the appearance of their van in the police video and the appearance in their video really interesting. In my first year of uni I studied the negative effects social media could have on people and this case is one I feel where the blame somewhat sits on the modern day pressures of social media, which are especially heavy on young women.

Everyone here of a certain age knows that you don't know someone until you've lived with them. You discover that once you move out of home. I haven't seen if these 2 lived together previously It'd be interesting to see. Even if they had, it wasn't in such close quarters where they had no space to get away from each other. The video struck me as the typical type these days where It's 'have to show everyone how perfect our life is' and you just see those moments. Watching that video reminded me, as a bloke who went through high school with Myspace where you could already see this competitive social media aspect starting turning into what we saw with facebooks peak, with instagram 'influencers', now tiktok, etc. I was recently seeing a woman (im Bboomer in my mid 30s) of 23 which I do not normally do but thought from what I had seen I could make an exception. The social media gap was interesting. Every time we were together I felt that while we were together, I was with her, she was on instagram live, taking photos for instagram, trying to drag me into tiktoks etc. Everything was for someone else, a performance almost. Like I had a good time but she was not present in the relationship and she did not seem to understand why that was a problem when I ended it. Watching the video you linked reminded me of that experience. You can see she is almost completely focused on the camera and not him.

I find this aspect of social media such a cancerous part of society it is something that needs to be dealt with or we will end up in that black mirror episode where everyone rates everyone. People need to understand that the most popular instagramers, influencers, youtubers, specifically curate that part of their life to appear good. They DO NOT live like that daily and those awesome events don't happen every day. The pressure of keeping up appearances is some insane **** that can drive some wild reactions. I'm sure some of you here understand and feel that. I think Petito and Laundrie felt it too.

Amazing comment. I think that absolutely needed to be said. Add the whole covid thing, difficult for some people to stay sane....

Sorry, I'm missing something in the swamp hide-out (or camp-out) scenario. But who goes camping in a snake-and-gator-infested swamp with lousy weather? What kind of parents would even find that believable, or if gullible, wouldn't worry about their (adult) child's safety there? To a complete outsider with no knowledge of Florida, this makes no sense at all. And what about those Burmese pythons that got a lot of media attention some years back--are they a threat, too? Just wondering, as long as we're discussing reptilian hazards.

"Hey, mom & dad, I'm going to the regional park to chill out and do some camping" is a very different statement in a region with swampland and dangerous critters than in any other area: hills, mountains, sea-level parks on dry land. What parent would find it a normal, no-cause-for-concern thing to do in swampland?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member