Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

We don't know what type of forensic evidence they have but I do think it is a good case for a jury. You can explain means, motive, and opportunity.

Two young people with a documented history of DV travel to Bridger-Teton in a van. The van is spotted numerous times in Spread Creek between 8/26-8/30 - with not just eyewitness testimony, but video that can be authenticated. One person returns to Florida in the van, the other person is found dead in the spot they were last seen. Who done it?

I would not want to defend those facts to a jury even without knowing the forensic details. Unless you find something like significant DNA from a registered sex offender all over the crime scene, I think the question will be more was this premeditated murder one by BL or are there sufficient mitigating factors that would support a lower charge.

2. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

I agree. Have to say after recently doing this as a family of 4, you get really really good at packing and unpacking a van when choosing to camp as opposed to cheap hotel (which can be cheaper than camping, if not close to free sites). And yes, often the van looks a HOT freaking mess. Just know there can be a sort of method to the perceived madness, and sometimes, depending on fast you want to get rolling, the only method is throw it all in and go and figure it out later.

La Louve, superbee, Monkey41 and 23 others like this.
  3. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

My SO and I were talking about that. He said there are probably all kinds of people they might find in there. Maybe they did find someone else. who knows.

4. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

5. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

i thought the same . . .it's awesome that the edited version of the van video made mention of the white object on the seat . when i looked at deer cam and saw that knapsack i was thinkinng 'how coincidental'. And if deer cam guy is part of the world of 2021 why wouldn't he come forward and say 'it's me....not BL'. 6:17 AM walking isn't weird, but all the details around it are.

6. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

Most likely you're correct, that is a feature of Yelp. (They've removed the ability to post anything on his page right now though, because of the increased attention. Unfortunately it seems like they've also removed the ability to flag reviews, and I REALLY want to flag that 5-star review someone left!)

7. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

Yeah, that’s what I meant! I just don’t think they own the chopper, but it’s by the by, really, we at least know now that the one circling on both the flight radar apps and on 10 Tampa News (edit: And now Fox, for it’s second trip out,) are one and the same :)

Estelle and Seenit like this.
  8. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

9. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

I totally read that as ambulance and was scouring the live coverage. I may need to take a break.

La Louve, Lucyray, superbee and 32 others like this.
  10. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

11. derpderpy

derpderpy Well-Known Member

Exactly! I'm not convinced that it wasn't BL. The grainy, poor-quality photo that has been crudely enhanced looks a lot like him, and I do not detect the weight difference so much as I see artifacting from a poor quality image.

Let's say it wasn't... What creep is creeping around in the wilderness like that, on what I assume is someone else's land?

12. Blef

Blef Verified Criminologist

This has probably been discussed a million times already, but WHERE did his parents think Gabby was when BL came home?

<modsnip>
    Why else would they not be concerned that he had returned home without her, got him lawyered up, and didn’t help her family when they were concerned. They still aren’t showing the typical human emotions of people concerned that their future daughter in law has been found dead.

I can understand they want to protect their son, but I don’t understand their lack of compassion or concern for Gabby.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2021
  13. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

He could have used several credible defense tactics but IMO he panicked and everything he did after he murdered GP would serve as his undoing. JMO

I'll have to go back but I thought the manner of death was homicide not cause of death determination. Thanks

Not sure how BL's attorney could shut down the page or remove the pic's if indeed it is not his own.

ChiCubs2016 and girlhasnoname like this.
  14. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

during big events or large swarming of users because of something like Gabby's case websites will restrict profiles of the people involved, mostly its to lower their own workload and a little bit to protect the actual people

PS - WFLA live stream crashed it'll be back shortly

15. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

It was a synopsis of different replies to me and other posts. I didn't want it to appear as if I was calling anyone out and didn't want to get in a back and forth h about it. I just don't think he is really rational bal right now and hasn't been since it happened.

wasnt_me likes this.
  16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

17. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the exact same chopper’s feed was being shown on 10 Tampa News earlier.

B4igo2it and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  18. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

19. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.