Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/fcn2go/status/1440741756614545408?s=21

As the search continues for Brian Laundrie, investigators are looking into what role his parents may have played.

Uh, yeah. Clearly, something had them call an attorney and clam up about everything even when distraught, frightened parents of a woman who was future DIL and lived in same house with them for two years called.

But bear in mind, they likely have that legal right.

I wonder if one of parents or a friend went to Wyoming and drive back van alone or with BL. It’s possible. I don’t understand why he took HER van. I guess just because he could, East and immediate way home and he wanted it away from Gabbys body if he knew it was there. Reason why LE found her was because they got info on where van might be parked. She was very close to that location. Otherwise, they’d likely still be looking for her.

If he called parents from Wyoming, and told them he was coming back, and of any problems, they might have flown out there or a friend/relative might. Can’t imagine they would want him driving that distance alone in state of mind and situation

BL also might have just shown up at home unannounced and then told parents his predicament and that might be when lawyer was called.

Cell phone and other communication devices could tell LE when BL and parents were in touch. Travel records could shed some light (Plane tickets, gas station videos, toll cameras) on time line. Some help also are IDs from those who may have seen BL but those not 100% reliable.
So far, parents don’t appear to have broken any laws, though morally a disgrace for pain they gave GP’s family by refusing to respond when they got scared when no word from their daughter.
But then again, it seems to me that there was nothing reassuring they could have told them. What would have made them feel better other than a lie?

Last edited:
Being it was a declard homicide. IMO there may be evidence of strangulation, which does not happen by accident, or blunt force at a higher level that would appear from a fall. In addition there could be combination of injuries. I would believe that they are being very careful to to make mistakes on this case. We won't know until they release.

I share your thought about the manner of death, likely strangulation or blunt force trauma to the head. Both indicate a known assailant and from an emotional impulse.

Being it was a declard homicide. IMO there may be evidence of strangulation, which does not happen by accident, or blunt force at a higher level that would appear from a fall. In addition there could be combination of injuries. I would believe that they are being very careful to to make mistakes on this case. We won't know until they release.

I am impatiently waiting for an update on Gabby's injuries that led to her death. That boyfriend of hers is a piece of work. Trying to make the world belive Gabby was unstable and the one abusing him. SMDH.

The press have been on this longer than a week. She was reported missing on the 11th.
The media have been following this since before he went missing.

The media following the story doesn't mean they are there 24/7.

Brian Entin, who has probably spent the most time at that house, didn't even tweet about this story AT ALL until 6:54PM on Tuesday 9/14. That tweet showed him doing a live report from the Laundrie house and no Mustang can be seen. Additionally, not a single journalist, photog or pedestrian can be seen in the background of said report.

Not that I want to defend them at all - but I wonder if one took the other there to pick up the mustang? Maybe Brian Entin has footage where both vehicles were gone? I did see photos in MSM of them both coming home, but not sure when that was or what they were each in.
It makes the most sense since the mustang and the truck are their only cars. If mom and dad went to the reserve in the truck to look for Brian and saw the mustang, one of them had to drive the mustang back. /JMO

Last edited:
I understand. And just a reminder to everyone, it’s a real good idea to take breaks from these sort of cases

It feels like fall, go out for some cider and donuts. Take the dog for a walk. Change the baby’s diaper for gosh sakes! Hug your loved ones.
Take care of yourself
It's good advice. I just spent the past hour or so cooking myself a delicious late lunch/early dinner, and instead of listening to livestreams I put a lighthearted cartoon on my phone while I was in the kitchen. It's okay to potentially miss a live update in favor of living life a little. (Of course, here I am back in the thread again and listening to JB.)

We don’t know. We don’t even know when BL left Wyoming and when he arrived at parents’ house for sure. LE doesn’t seem to know for sure. We know when the van passed last Road/toll Camera. But no guarantee BL was driving or in it. Neighbors say they saw BL but that is not a certainty and they aren’t sure exactly dates. I can’t tell you what date I saw certain neighbors, nor could I swear it was the neighbor in some cases.
Looking back at LE answers about BL, it’s pretty clear that they weren’t certain where he was, culminating right to point he was certainly gone. When they searched the danged house, that’s when they were sure he was NOT there. Until then , they thought he was. In fact, some questions are valid whether he was ever in the house. We have the releases from family lawyer and some of that info (when Mustang was in driveway) appears to be incorrect.
I just want to say it was not a tool booth, it was the camera at the interstate exit ramp to his home. It is a couple miles to his house from the exit so no guarantee he drove straight home but I think we can be sure he did arrive home on Sept 1.

Day 4 of search in Florida park for Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Search teams fanned out Wednesday at a Florida wilderness park to search for the boyfriend of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito, who authorities say was killed while on a cross-country trip with him.

It marked the fourth day of searching in the Carlton Reserve, with operations suspended Monday while the FBI searched the nearby Laundrie home for evidence.

The outdoors search includes thousands of acres of forbidding, swampy subtropical terrain replete with alligators, snakes, turkey, deer and many other wild creatures. There are more than 100 miles (160 kilometers) of hiking and horseback riding trails, plus numerous camping areas and rivers.

The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office brought in a diver unit called SURF, or Sheriff’s Underwater Recovery Force, to perform a more specialized search for evidence.

“These highly-trained deputies work in the most difficult and challenging environments imaginable. They are on call 24/7/365,” the sheriff’s office said in a tweet.

I am sure the LE has accurate info on when the Mustang left the place. Also hoping traffic cams can help them trace his path. I don't think he ever came out in front of the media.
It might mean that he left midnight which would raise the question: Why would any parent agree to their son going hike in the midnight. Something isn't adding up.

<modsnip> Wasn’t the last time we saw them when they were being put in the FBI van?

I’m amazed that BL managed to leave the home with the press camped outside. How didn’t the media spot him leaving, especially in his mustang?
He left late Tuesday night as far as I recall.
They hd gone home, much to their own disgust, I imagine.
This one is a good follow, he is totally dedicated and camps out at the home
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

Man Heard Gabby Petito Ask Brian Laundrie 'Why Do You Have to Be So Mean?' During Dispute

In his statement, Chris wrote the couple were "talking aggressively" and could have been "play fighting," but it was hard to tell because "something definitely didn't seem right," according to WABC.

"It was as if this guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone?" Chris wrote, adding that Gabby was punching Laundrie in the arm while trying to get back into the van in which they were traveling.

He noted when she made it back inside her vehicle, Gabby asked Laundrie, "Why do you have to be so mean?"

The taking the phone, keeps popping up. It has been discussed if it was to isolated and strand her.
I think there is a strong possibility that it was to disrupt here work on social media. I would imaging there was a lot of material she needed on it. It is much easier to grab the phone than a computer. It may have been a control issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa