Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, exactly what kind of groceries and how much of them can sustain a guy in that hostile environment for a week?
I would think he's had his fill of raw snakes and gator eggs (if he survived rummaging around in gator holes for them).
He's not there.

There is a whole industry catering to people who live days, weeks, and months in the wilderness with little outside support. It is not easy, not everyone can do it, but it is possible. Especially if you believe there is no other alternative other than death.

heh. Yup, I agree. While I understand how it would be distasteful - and one is surely free to ask anything of anyone - in the midst of everything that is (and has) occurred, internet photos are an interesting thing about which to be concerned. And, as everyone knows... once it's online, it ain't ever gonna go away. i think the request was as much a "formality" than anything else.
True. IMO the Gabby related “merch” popping up on online retailer sites like AMZN is the more distasteful matter of the moment.

First.of.all that is not a place to run to to hide!
Its terrible in there right now.
I think its look in here while I go there!
Where did he go my guess is north to get.out of florida!
I think he has a vehicle!

First time posting in this speedy thread...Yikes!
I too believe that this whole " swamp thing" manhunt is a set up. A "look! Squirrel !! " moment. The family and Brian had ample time to set this up. I think he might even be hiding in with some migrant workers in the Iowa cornfields by now!

<modsnip>
Insert my very suspicious cat eyes here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything he used belonged to his parents or to Gabby.

Why do people enable a 23 year old? My husband and I raised four children. At that age we were NOT paying their bills, nor their rent, nor their car note.

And their friends didn’t live with us.
Just sayin.

Because people get to parent like the want. My 20 and 22 yo live at home. The cost of living in our city is so ridiculous there is no way they could do it on their own. I provide a roof and groceries. We bought our kids each a used car when they got their license. My kids aren't enabled. They are offered the opportunity to live at home as long as their behavior is acceptable and they contribute to the household.

When I was looking at the pictures of his bedroom, I really didn't see anything that would have been influenced by a girl. If she had lived there for any length of time, I would have expected to see more girly things around the room. I find that kind of odd. Anybody else?
Those photos were pulled from a real estate listing that happened before they were together.

So, exactly what kind of groceries and how much of them can sustain a guy in that hostile environment for a week?
I would think he's had his fill of raw snakes and gator eggs (if he survived rummaging around in gator holes for them).
He's not there.

I think you're right. That reminds me of the Dirty Jobs episode when Mike when hunting for gator eggs. The fire ants alone - wow! Would BL really subject himself to such misery? IMO, no.

When I was looking at the pictures of his bedroom, I really didn't see anything that would have been influenced by a girl. If she had lived there for any length of time, I would have expected to see more girly things around the room. I find that kind of odd. Anybody else?
I thought it was interesting that the neighbor (the one with the purple hair) said they didnt see her around that much. She said they saw him working on the van, but it sounded like she assumed it was his van and when they saw Gabby that she was a girlfriend that lived somewhere else. They said that the house was a rental house for most of the time she lived there and that the Laundries had not lived there that long. She didnt think anything of it when he came back from the trip and Gabby wasnt with him. It's possible that Gabby lived those 2 years with him and his parents in a different house. IMO https://twitter.com/kristinthorne/status/1440724906690236417?s=21

This to me is the million dollar question!
How did he leave that house?

Was the media camped out there yet? She was reported missing 9/11. The Petito family held a press conference 9/13. The Laundries responded 9/14 and the van was processed by the FBI that same day IIRC. BL wasn't named a person of interested until 9/15 which was Wednesday and that is when I think the media started showing up.[/QUOTE]
This was discussed threads ago and it appears one likely theory is he went out the back door maybe in dark and got picked up on back street by whomever.

Why do people enable a 23 year old? My husband and I raised four children. At that age we were NOT paying their bills, nor their rent, nor their car note.

Just sayin.

Perhaps he has an invisible disability we aren't privy to that makes it challenging for him to live alone?

I am wondering if GP officially lived in another room. If not, it must have been miserable to stay in that room.

May have had GP stuff moved out when he traveled back.

Just sayin.

Are you sure? And at his age, it’s not unusual that cars are registered in parents names for insurance preferences. I’m registered with two of my kids cars though they pay all expenses. Also these days not unusual that adult kids live with parents to save for home. In GP and BL Situation, they saved to buy that van and for this trip. Who saved how much, not given. But they both worked. I read Gabby traded her car for the van so it was likely more expedient and cost effective just to have plates transferred to van and leave in her name, especially if Mustang effectively BL’s. We don’t know who paid for what.

I have adult kids whom we helped out for various reasons at times. I don’t think it is so unusual, given they had this burning desire to take off time to make a cross country trek in van. It’s a great experience that family members would help out to achieve. That it turned out to be a tragedy was not foreseen

So I know all the live cameras around the Tetons and Jackson Hole have been shared. Have we determined if there is a way to view archives of this?

I believe it would also be classified as murder if he chased her and she fell resulting in her death.

I think so too. Federal statutes say something about "prior similar conduct" as a factor in classifying something as 2nd degree murder (at least).

The only way I can see that this could be a lesser charge would be something like he fixed a rope for climbing, did it improperly, and she fell to her death. However, the burial/body concealment part absolutely makes it a greater crime.

Would the coroner have put that as "accident" or "undetermined" and not homicide?

I don't think so. I think the reason they say "homicide" is that upon gross examination of the body, it was obviously homicide. My guess is that she had major trauma somewhere that left clear evidence in the bones. And if not major trauma, then minor bone trauma consistent with strangulation.

The reason I think it might be strangulation (or a head injury) is that he seems to have wanted her to "shut up" (and vice versa). He strikes me as someone who is used to a lot of quiet time (those rock sculpture skills, all that sketching and design work, the amazing paintings he had at home) and now he's being "directed" and photographed daily. I do wonder if they had a daily plan - to get to X place and take Y picture, the way so many youtubers and instagrammers do. We've been yelled at so many times in museums and in parks, because we were actually not taking a picture, just standing there enjoying something that we had come to see. It's changed how we travel. The General Sherman tree in Sequoia has to be visited after 4 pm (the park practically empties at that point - because so many drive in for a few hours, snap that one tree, get in the car, drive to Kings Canyon (two snapshot spots heavily impacted). Yosemite is the same way, although no one expects a "clean" photo of just themselves in Yosemite (most of the time). We ourselves now do dispersed (NF not BLM) camping. BLM camping is way too scary for me. Everyone seems to have a gun, lots of solo people who have been out a long long time (in California, these are very desert-like places and quite deserted, so if someone does camp nearby, it's awkward).

National Park camping is much more supervised in the major parks (like Grand Teton). National Forests, less so, which is where Gabby was found. BLM has no supervision, IME.

OK, someone help me out here... Is it normal for a 23yr old, without a steady job, to have such a lovely looking car as Brian's Mustang!?

Here in the UK, it would be virtually unheard of for someone that age to be driving a posh car like that unless said person was involved in, shall we say, unsavoury transactions of non-prescribed medications (!)

I just wonder where BL is getting his money from if he has fled? His parents?

The Daily Mail this morning stated his parents buy and sell real estate. I truly hope LE have checked any and all properties they may own or be in the process of flipping to see if BL is hiding out there.

MOO

Anyone here know the year of the Mustang? For the OP, Mustangs are quite nice but they are not considered posh compared to alllll of the available vehicles available here in the US, unless we’re talking about the newer Shelby. I’d call the Mustang a middle of the row vehicle and depending on how old it is and/or when it was bought, could be quite affordable for him. I’ve seen some rumblings that his mom uses it too so perhaps they split the cost but I’m just speculating on that.

All of this brings me back to the SAME point/questions I’ve had for a week now. Why are we assuming either of them were destitute and had/have no money? There is no evidence to suggest this and it’s important when talking about the case in Brian’s instance because it suggests that he actually may have the means to go far for a while.

JMO

Surely LE/FBI wouldn’t just take the parents’ word for it, and spend these resources and time and enter dangerous conditions for nothing.

They must have reason to believe he is likely in there.

If they were just trying to follow every possibility, LE said the other day that the search in the nature reserve had been “exhausted”. They could have stopped.

Apparently Florida police did. Obvious they had no idea where BL was. Only knew where he was NOT when parents reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname