Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here know the year of the Mustang? For the OP, Mustangs are quite nice but they are not considered posh compared to alllll of the available vehicles available here in the US, unless we’re talking about the newer Shelby. I’d call the Mustang a middle of the row vehicle and depending on how old it is and/or when it was bought, could be quite affordable for him. I’ve seen some rumblings that his mom uses it too so perhaps they split the cost but I’m just speculating on that.

All of this brings me back to the SAME point/questions I’ve had for a week now. Why are we assuming either of them were destitute and had/have no money? There is no evidence to suggest this and it’s important when talking about the case in Brian’s instance because it suggests that he actually may have the means to go far for a while.

JMO

Thank you to you and to everyone else who replied to me about the Mustang! I guess maybe it just looks posh to a Brit because they're very different to how our cars look! Haha

You caught on to my point though - it may well be that he DOES have the financial means to be able to support himself for a long time on the run.

Where did he get the $200 cash from that he supposedly offered to the woman who he hitched a ride with when she was going to Jackson!?

I'm also still unclear why he flew home for a week during their road trip, leaving Gabby out there alone. What did he go home for!?

MOO

I’m watching Fox News LIVE (television). They’re talking with neighbors about BL and his father working on the new camper (still parked at the home). They’re claiming the parents and BL were seen stocking up the camper and were all gone for a weekend. Unsure of the exact date.

I can’t link to it, maybe someone else will have a link to this information.

Now that's interesting. One could easily set someone up with a camper full of supplies somewhere in anticipation they'd eventually have to hide out.

MOO.

.......and if STAN did not ring a bell with her mother than indeed it could have been Brian trying to cover for her disappearance.
In support of a warning: Lost my dad when I was six . My mother told me if either of us used the word MALVERN we were in trouble. Not a bad idea to have a safe word for an emergency. JMO
My kids and I have an emergency text- they text me and ask me a certain innocuous question. If they do I try to facetime them and if they don't answer....Find my iphone and call LE

I am wondering if GP officially lived in another room. If not, it must have been miserable to stay in that room.

May have had GP stuff moved out when he traveled back.
WHY are people buying the bedroom pic lock stock and barrel??? It was from a house they owned and were selling quite a while ago. It may have been a rental house as they had other properties and the house tours for houses for sale are usually decorated by the people who freaking live in it! In any case, that is not BL's bedroom that he shared with GP and the house in question sold for a fraction of the value of their current home. (I think I read 120 thousand) the house they live in is worth at least 300 thousand. Has anyone seen the aerial pics of it? It is a large home. Sheesh. JMO

Capitalizing on misery and lies is quite lucrative here in Murca. Disgusting and sad, but true. MO
Very true. I can understand marketing a dead celebrity figure b/c nostalgia often equates to a resurgence in interest. It’s just hard for me to believe a market exists for tragedies such as Gabby’s. I don’t want to believe it.

It looks like the police haven't determined yet whether the guy in the trail cam photo is Brian. Please let me know if I'm wrong about that.

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing a brand name written in large vertical letters on the backpack. Patagonia and Marmot do this, and probably other brands, too. The pack on the front seat in the van looks different. It doesn't have the bold black strapping.

But the guy's broad chest and his right arm are similar to Brian's, as is his posture. Brian has excellent posture. The brow area also seems similar.

You should see a nighttime trail cam photo of my husband. He looks like a furry Sasquatch. He's difficult to recognize. I tend to look like a grainy Muppet. It so happens that's how I look in real life, too.

It's remarkable how much the walking guy photographed near Brian's home looked like him. I'd say if you're balding and have a similar build, don't go outside, or if you do, dress like a woman and wear a wig.

They just announced that they located the man on camera and he was a resident of that county.

I’m watching Fox News LIVE (television). They’re talking with neighbors about BL and his father working on the new camper (still parked at the home). They’re claiming the parents and BL were seen stocking up the camper and were all gone for a weekend. Unsure of the exact date.

Well, that's mighty interesting.

Woah. I don't want to jump the gun here but if this is true (and I don't have reason to believe they're lying) IMHO it makes me believe Brian never disappeared on a hike in the swamp but instead went to some yet-unknown hiding spot <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have more information on Brian's August 17-23 trip back to Florida then back to Salt Lake City? It seems strange to leave a planned cross country road trip to unpack a storage unit (especially for an entire week). They had little money but could afford a plane ticket & a hotel for Gabby during this time? It does not make any sense to me & I can't figure out why nobody is discussing this. I have to be missing something...

looking at the calender there is only one weekend 9/3-5 before she was reported missing 9/10-11 the next weekend I thought they found the van at their house.

Does anyone have more information on Brian's August 17-23 trip back to Florida then back to Salt Lake City? It seems strange to leave a planned cross country road trip to unpack a storage unit (especially for an entire week). They had little money but could afford a plane ticket & a hotel for Gabby during this time? It does not make any sense to me & I can't figure out why nobody is discussing this. I have to be missing something...

This info came from her dad on a podcast he did at the very beginning of the investigation.

And we don’t know they didn’t have money.

Y
Why wait 3 days to report your son missing?....

1. He's not missing, he's running, and they know it.
2. He's been gone for days at a time on previous hiking excursions, so this wasn't unusual until Friday. (Curious to know if there is a history of this)
3. He went "hiking" and didn't come back, they suspect he's running, and want to give him a head start.

Am I missing a scenario?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why they wouldn't be concerned about him missing in this environment until 3 days after he left.

Why pick up the car, but not notify police he was missing then? Why pick up the car at all? If you are trying to cover for him, why not leave it there? Why point LE to this location at all after taking the car, unless they believed by then he was long gone?

If they really went to the car because they were concerned about him and then saw the note left on it, why not report it then? It doesn't make sense unless running was either a plan they knew about OR strongly suspected.

Am I missing a scenario that doesn't point to his parents giving him time to run?[/QUO

Yes. I think you are missing a scenario. A number of them.
Like if BL simply said he wants to take a walk in the preserved, a place he often visited, was familiar with the area, and a place that gave him great comfort. What would his parents have done? Physically restrained him? Called LE on the spot? He was perfectly legally allowed to go anywhere anytime. I would guess they would not have wanted him out and about, given the PR storm out there, but really, what to do?
Then he doesn’t come back. So what to do? Call police then? Or drive out there to closest parking lot for entry to preserves. They see his career there, so it verifies that he at least went there. Note on car saying it needs to be removed according to the laws in place. So at some point, they bring back car and notify LE because they know he’s not in good state of mind with public uproar about GP. And then News of her body is released which brings things to Real spotlight where press is camped out watching every move. Remember, no one watching Laundrie’s house till then. We don’t even know when Or whether BL there. Certainly no one reported him driving off with Mustang and there is disagreement as to when Mustang. was there and exactly when it left driveway and when it came back.
so, Laundries got scared enough to call the cops and report son in distraught state missing. Afraid he’d kill self or someone might harm him or he is i bad enough mental state to have an accident in that wilderness.

It is possible parents telling truth. Also, BL might have left Car at preserved and had friend take him elsewhere like a bus depot or somewhere to hide out. Parents may or may not know. We really don’t know much. Just that Mustang was at preserves and brought back, and BL no longer in parents home as of LE search of premises

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1440756640253300737?s=21

#BREAKING: A New Orleans couple says they witnessed Brian Laundrie arguing with wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant hours before she is believed to have gone missing #justiceforgabby

FIRST ON FOX: One of the last times Gabby Petitowas seen alive involved an explosive argument between Brian Laundrie and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant, according to a New Orleans couple who said they witnessed the spat.

"I have chills right now," Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "It's crazy because it wasn't just like we passed them on the street -- it was a full blown incident."

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.

Just listening to Fox News. Interview with neighbors who said they went camping in the family's white camper about a week and half after Brian getting home in the Gaby van. The three of them for a weekend. This is the first I have heard of this.....anyone else?

I haven't seen this yet (thankfully) but would have to agree, that unless the funds were being contributed to a reward for location of BL - what is the purpose other than skeevy taking advantage?
The lack of a reward being posted - by anyone... ANYONE - seems strange to me. FBI wanted list. Allegedly critical person in one of the highest (media, at least) profile. Untold thousands of dollars being consumed... not to mention the peril of search team personnel. Nobody on the planet has offered a reward. OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member