Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you assume BL was even in the house when Gabby was reported missing? He was likely gone prior to the cops ever stepping foot on that property…
Because I assume he was until I have evidence to say otherwise.
None of us know the date he left his parents house.
And the FBI searched that property including the shed and garden with guns raised.....so even they didn't know if he was 100% still there or not.

I'm buying every bit of that, @TheGardener -- makes a ton of sense. They gotta protect their boy. The sooner he disappeared, the better. And so far, as best we know, it has worked. Grrrrr.

Made me step back and think, what if Gabby had been found earlier by a camper or hiker? Where would things be now? The thought doesn’t solve anything, but makes me wonder…

I'm starting to think LE is searching the nearby park / swamp because there is cellphone data coming from there that indicates her cellphone is there.

And that the Mustang carried the cellphone there.

Not him, I think he's in NY being hidden by family /friends/ medical issues and that's why the attorney is there because "should he be found in NY" he would need a NY attorney, not a Florida attorney

Hmmm. All of that make darn good sense. What a plan, but I'll bet BL didn't dream it up. If he got on a plane or train asap, he shouldn't have had any trouble with getting tickets or being recognized, etc. Thus the NY attorney. Hmmmm. People do talk, however. Who knoze -- the FBI could also be there...
Good post, Herat!

Here's another article about the restaurant incident :

Influencer saw 'huge blowout' between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant | Daily Mail Online

While dining at the restaurant, they overheard a loud conversation in which another customer was heard screaming at wait staff in what appeared to be an argument over the check.
Angelo said that the man involved in the dispute displayed ‘aggressive’ body language.
The man left the restaurant and then returned around four times, she said. Afterward, a young woman who was with the man came into the restaurant and apologized to wait staff for his behavior.
Angelo says Petito was 'hysterically crying' and 'walked out.'
'She was crying as she was standing on the sidewalk and I was watching the whole thing unfold,' according to Angelo.

'And he walked back in the restaurant and he's fighting with the hostess.'

Emphasis mine.

Take the article with the proverbial 'grain' considering the source.
But this is my take on it :
BL might have been coming increasingly unhinged and frustrated about not being in control over the trip or something else.
He was --imo-- unraveling.

How I wish Gabby had bolted while at a public place and called her mom or dad.

Stall BL for a while while one of her parents could drive or fly there.
From another article it sounded like she was online in a coffee shop (?) one day for as much as 8 hours, for her online Vlog and store ?
Pretend to do that and call someone.

Get the heck out of there.

I have to add I wonder if he confiscated or controlled her phone and so he'd know whom she was contacting ?
Sorry I just wish this had turned out differently.
My guess is that she didn't know how bad it was getting. :(
MOO.

Last edited:
View attachment 314168 View attachment 314168 I’m sure this has been clarified/discussed and I am just missing it..but do the Laundries own a white van similar to Gabbys? I ask because I was just watching a msm article on what the FBI took from the Laundrie home as evidence. It’s a you tube link, and shows a still image of the FBI carrying boxes away from their home. To the agents right side (our left on the video) is a white van. I don’t recall them having one, and given the FBI is taking boxes of evidence away, the van was taken away long before the search warrant was issued? I’m so confused by this and it’s been impossible to keep up on these threads.

The van is probably a LE van. JMO.

It absolutely was not his van.

PittieMcClure posted:
Technically. But he didn’t work on it? Drive it? Live in it? Put time and money into it? You can acknowledge this gray area without thinking he’s innocent or didn’t do anything wrong.

If my boyfriend owned a home, with his name on the deed, and I lived with him and did work on the home and helped pay our bills, that wouldn't mean I owned half of the home.

*Only in a 'common-law state' would that possibly happen after 7 years, if we expressed the intent to be married. But other wise it is not automatically so.

Didn’t Gabby tell the officers during the DV traffic stop that neither of them drank? I know you don’t have to drink alcohol while at a bar, but it seems a strange stop to make. JMO.
I don't think so
Not if you are traveling around and want a good bar burger or sandwich and WIFI

My guess is they stopped at random places for the wifi and food.

jmo

I'm getting into the realm of speculation, but I just want to consider a handful of things after today.
  • Neighbor reports the Laundries go on a three day 'camping' trip
  • Law enforcement brought in a dive team today
  • The Laundrie parents are not yet suspected of being accessories to a crime
PERHAPS law enforcement is dedicating these resources because they believe the Laundries dumped evidence in that swamp and they are attempting to use that evidence as leverage against the parents for more information.

For what it's worth, I couldn't possibly think of a better place to hide evidence than an alligator-infested, densely murky, swamp.

I agree. He might have gone in there to dump a weapon or clothes or something. Maybe that's why they needed dive teams. I think he's not in that reserve.

Time and day
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.
Do we know specifically what camp site this refers to?

I don't think so
Not if you are traveling around and want a good bar burger or sandwich and WIFI

My guess is they stopped at random places for the wifi and food.

jmo

As I recall, the majority of food places in that part of Wyoming/Idaho/Montana could be considered bars. There are some better places to eat these days, but mostly it's a bar on one side and a couple of rooms with tables for the people who want food.

I can’t keep up with you all, moving way too fast, some amazing sleuthing work and thoughts by you all though. One thing I’ve not seen mentioned is any type of confirmation that gabby had a pw. On her phone. I don’t - which on an iPhone is a pain in the butt to get around, they really push that on you. However, even if she did - there’s little doubt BL wouldn’t know the password, don’t you all think? I am in the camp that Brian had a hold on GP - for sure. He controlled her and knew he was in charge. It’s already been said he would use her phone, in place of his for whatever reason (no data, battery dying, better phone) - or NOT for his self, but to snoop through her every move. So I do believe that “Stan” (her grandfather) had been calling and texting - maybe just to say hi even - but he kept calling and texting. Maybe not realizing or remembering she wasn’t “home” and was asking something of her, or maybe he started out innocent but with no response from Gabby- he started mentioning that made him concerned about her and he was going to start contacting someone if she didn’t get back to him…

Please keep in mind this is ALL MOO!

After the DV police call that internally boosted every action he displays/does with GL. He walked away from that inflated because based on the LE interaction with him and GL, her continuing to cry and admit hitting him - her fault, etc etc (btw she knew this was her only attempt to better the situation - not speak ill of anything he’s physically done, and make sure they know it’s not his fault - it’s hers). He really felt he got them to see it is HER..she is crazy. He felt he had “won” the police over on that. They believed it all and he walked away the winner of that domestic violence assessment.

So later in time, when the aggression started again - he did the same as before, reached his hand out to her chin/neck except this time he let the rage explode because he’s so jacked up on the high from the last fight. His hand slips down and is on her neck and then both hands and it’s over before he has any chance to think about how this end result will be.

I don’t think he intended to kill her.

Then, “Stan” keeps calling GP phone, and texting her. He needs help with fixing his cable box (remember again this is all a MOO scenario). After a day, maybe close to two Stan is now leaving a VM saying texts are being delivered so he knows she has service and he’s worried about her - why she’s not answering. He’s wondering if he should get a hold of her mother or maybe start calling hospitals or LE. So he reacts, texts GP mom to “please help Stan - he keeps texting and leaving vm” - still in a altered mental state about what he’s done and wth to do now, he forgets and references him as Stan - force of habit. Maybe not even realizing what he’s done..

After that, I could go many different ways, but this is how I feel it likely “went down”. I think he’s a spoiled, coddled boy from his parents. I mean what guy that age goes for a bike ride with his mother - no matter what he’s done, really don’t think that’s the norm. Any of his social media, entertainment lists etc that people feel are changing - I think are either FBI accessing, or they’ve been hacked. It’s not that difficult to hack any of that stuff, my ex husband did so to all of my accounts for years, as well as my oldest daughter. He’s nowhere near a technical genius as some people in the world. He does however, very, very much so remind me of BL.

I typed this all up last night then the thread was locked so I couldn’t post it, so I saved it hope it all still makes sense today lol

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members