Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses — Fox News

“Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.” Witnesses said BL left the restaurant multiple times and returned to the argument. It was said that GP apologized profusely for BL’s actions.

Last edited:
The reserve was a diversion. BL will be located close to home. Most likely when someone attempts to communicate with him or drop supplies to him. If not in close relation to the parents home, somewhere familiar to him. I would venture a guess that BL is not as inept at roughing it as he would have the public believe. This is evident by the multiple hotel stays, restaurants, etc. It wouldn't be of much use to start a vlog about living off grid without taking pictures off grid. Like most other things posted on social media accounts, there is not always much truth to them. He may be a hiker, but if your van is within half a days walk, then its really not that tough. camping in a reserve close to home, with your car in close proximity where you can run to taco bell then back to your camp site also not really off grid. I would bet when BL visited the reserve he never got more than an hour or two from the parking lot.

LE may have info that they aren't sharing. They must have a reason to believe BL is in that reserve when they continue to look for him. They have technology to scan the park at night to see if he is walking around in there alive. So far he hasn't been found. Does that mean this is a recovery mission? Are they searching for his body? If he was eaten by a gator, how will they find him? Do they have a way to determine which gator is unusually full? Does the reserve have a "class list" of all the alligators present there? Are they tagged and accounted for or is it just wildlife? How long does it take for an alligator to digest a large meal? Do they eat clothing and backpacks? Would that digest too?

I normally like John Walsh but I think his behavior surrounding this case is inappropriate. He must know that he can sway public opinion and he is obviously trying to sow distrust in the FBI at this point. I wish he would stop talking about it. He’s too emotional and it’s unprofessional.

What he said makes sense. Everyone is emotional, he just shows it more than others sometimes.

red herring - proof of life of Laundrie -

Officers should have also stationed cars on the street on either side of the Laundrie home and arranged for an unmarked car to tail anyone leaving the home, Walsh said.

I normally like John Walsh but I think his behavior surrounding this case is inappropriate. He must know that he can sway public opinion and he is obviously trying to sow distrust in the FBI at this point. I wish he would stop talking about it. He’s too emotional and it’s unprofessional.

I agree. The other night he had all of his facts wrong and was just spewing disgust. I understand how he feels, but get your facts straight before making wild claims on national television (this in interviews before his show).

Im just seriously impressed with the amount of equipment they are breaking out for this.... I mean I think its fruitless at this point after the camper trip was revealed yesterday, but they are definitely well stocked

Thanks. I hadn’t heard about the camper trip:

Neighbors: Brian Laundrie, parents went on trip with new camper after Gabby disappeared

Christopher and Roberta Laundrie and their son, Brian – appeared to go on a trip in a new camper about a week after Brian got back to Florida in Gabby Petito's van.

A neighbor noticed the Laundries had gotten a new camper attachment for their pickup truck and were loading it up, presumably for a trip about a week into September.

"They were gone for the weekend," Charlene Guthrie added

Walsh also said law enforcement should have and legally could have requested proof of life of Laundrie during the time he was allegedly at home in Florida.

"I understand the Fifth Amendment, I understand that Brian doesn't want to talk to the cops and his family doesn't want to talk to cops, as despicable as that is, but the cops could ask for proof of life," he said.

"They spent all that revenue, looking for him now, a day late and a dollar short," Walsh said.

Officers should have also stationed cars on the street on either side of the Laundrie home and arranged for an unmarked car to tail anyone leaving the home, Walsh said.
I don't always agree with Walsh but he's not wrong about this, in my opinion. Basic visual confirmation that a named POI was actually in the jurisdiction. That's all. Shouldn't've been hard, if BL was actually there, and if they couldn't actually get a pair of LE eyes to confirm BL's presence, they should not have REPEATEDLY stated on camera that they "knew exactly where he was."

Y’all, I cannot wait until we can sleuth the parents. I have so many thoughts about all of the insane directions this case could take depending on their involvement — we could see some FASCINATING trials here.

I think the father will be arrested shortly after BL is located.

I agree. In his work Walsh has always been very motivated to find missing kids and to catch the criminals responsible, but he's usually been fairly professional. I don't know why but in the case he's seemed to really go off the rails. He seems quite unbalanced.
JMO

The reserve was a diversion. BL will be located close to home. Most likely when someone attempts to communicate with him or drop supplies to him. If not in close relation to the parents home, somewhere familiar to him. I would venture a guess that BL is not as inept at roughing it as he would have the public believe. This is evident by the multiple hotel stays, restaurants, etc. It wouldn't be of much use to start a vlog about living off grid without taking pictures off grid. Like most other things posted on social media accounts, there is not always much truth to them. He may be a hiker, but if your van is within half a days walk, then its really not that tough. camping in a reserve close to home, with your car in close proximity where you can run to taco bell then back to your camp site also not really off grid. I would bet when BL visited the reserve he never got more than an hour or two from the parking lot.

Plus lets not forget the profile.... he's unemployed, living at home with his parents, who obviously wipe his *advertiser censored* for him. In all the videos it seemed Gabby was the one doing the cooking/taking care of him. Mama's boys don't get far alone.

I just wanted to point out an important distinction (IMO) regarding the van:

Gabby literally got into a huge physical altercation with BL, to such a degree that the authorities got involved, partly because she was fighting for possession of her van keys (and phone), and obviously revoking permission for Brian to use the van without her continued occupancy. To the point that she had to "claw" her way back inside the van.

It was as plain as day to the eyewitnesses who reported the incident. She told the officers as much, too. That she had not wanted to be separated from the van. She'd been scared of being locked out. Of Brian driving way without her.

Why? Think about it. Because not only was the van legally hers, the van was also *her home*, and the van was her *dream/livelihood*.

Why are people forgetting to acknowledge this? Sure she was fine with him driving her van most of the time. Being the main driver on their road trip. But she was most definitely not fine with him taking the van away from her, and leaving her behind somewhere to fend for herself.

We've seen concrete, visceral proof of that in her actions in Moab.

There is no way that I could ever believe she would be okay with him taking possession of the van away from her for an extended period of time. How would she be able to continue her Van Life vlog that she had been working so hard on without it?

And that's not even getting into the inherent dangers/survival aspect of being stranded so far from home in a wilderness setting.

I'm sorry but that goes beyond reasonable doubt, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I dont think he ever made it to the preserve. Do we know that he did? IMO, the parents deposited him somewhere on that "camping" trip. IMO

LE may have info that they aren't sharing. They must have a reason to believe BL is in that reserve when they continue to look for him. They have technology to scan the park at night to see if he is walking around in there alive. So far he hasn't been found. Does that mean this is a recovery mission? Are they searching for his body? If he was eaten by a gator, how will they find him? Do they have a way to determine which gator is unusually full? Does the reserve have a "class list" of all the alligators present there? Are they tagged and accounted for or is it just wildlife? How long does it take for an alligator to digest a large meal? Do they eat clothing and backpacks? Would that digest too?
this made me laugh but also made me have to google alligators. . . they are always hangry. . .they have 80 teeth and they regrow them. here's another factoid. . .
Alligators consume food that cannot be eaten in one bite by allowing it to rot or by biting and then spinning or convulsing wildly until bite-size pieces are torn off. This is referred to as the ‘death roll’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike