Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they only said it was probably a week, week and a half after BL returned from his drive home without Gabby. They also said it seemed unusual for BL to go on a weekend camping trip with his parents in such a small camper space.

Based on his lifestyle and ability to camp. It is plausible they used the camper and he used a tent.

I missed the information that the camper was bought after he returned. Is that correct?

Also, is it a camper or just a shell for the truck bed?

Thanks for any info.

The camper top (actual camper that sits on the bed of a pickup - not just a shell) and the camping trip info all comes from an interview with the people who live across the street from BL’s parents.

The couple who provided the information looked to be retirees and apparently moved into the house in June. They don’t appear to actually know BL’s family and don’t appear to have known that BL and Gabby lived there prior. Their information was gained by simply observing activity that took place in the driveway of the Laundrie family home. Basically, they saw the camper appear and the male neighbor observed BL and his Dad loading stuff into it - then the camper was gone for 3 days or so - and it’s assumed that all 3 members of the family went on the trip (it was unclear from the interview if the neighbors actually saw the camper drive off or if they simply observed that it was gone). They could not recall the date the camper appeared or the date of the trip.

They assumed the camper was brand new and just purchased after BL’s return, but that has not been verified. It could have been a camper they owned all along and kept stored elsewhere or it could have just been purchased. I’m assuming LE knows the specifics of the trip by now, but we just have the info from the interview.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself

• Gabby Petito's best friend Rose Davis revealed in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com that Laundrie is well equipped to survive in the reserve
    • Davis said Laundrie lived in the Appalachians for three months by himself
That's interesting. That's where they should start looking IMO considering the Appalachian Mtns are 800 miles from North Port. That's an easy 2-day RT drive. I wonder if he had a "favorite" spot to camp. He'd likely go to a place that is familiar.

Again, I don't think Stan was an acronym or a reference

Jackson Hole isn't a city/town/county. It's a valley. A region.

Jackson, WY is the largest city in Jackson Hole.

Darn Google maps lied to me!

Then now I'm confused. BL allegedly hitch-hiker with a couple and then got angry and left when they said they were going to Jackson Hole not Jackson.

Oh gosh guys, so so sorry if I have made a mess of things in the thread. It's 1am and I'm a bit fried.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself

• Gabby Petito's best friend Rose Davis revealed in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com that Laundrie is well equipped to survive in the reserve
JMO seems like more keeps getting added to this story.

I didn't feel that at all. I felt genuine concern from the first LE on scene. He did say something wasn't quite right with BL's story that GP grabbed the wheel. (She told LE she hit his arm). The other officer was basically reciting Utah law. They obviously didn't want to go down that path for GP. I felt they really cared but there wasn't much in their power they could do.

IMO these kinds of situations are so complicated in so many ways. I think LE does the best they can. I wouldn't want their job.

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself as search enters fifth day -Daily Mail
<snipped & BBM>
Murder suspect Brian Laundrie's weeklong disappearance into a 25,000-acre nature reserve is nothing compared to other solo trips he's taken into the wilderness – including a hike on the Appalachian trail lasting three months, DailyMail.com has learned.

'I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.
Who is to say he wasn't dropped off at a trail head or the extension? Ughhhhhh

Well, that doesn't sound promising. That may explain why LE said Brian could survive months in the reserve.

I thought they also said there was no drinkable water. Can the water not be filtered for drinking in that area?

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself as search enters fifth day -Daily Mail
<snipped & BBM>
Murder suspect Brian Laundrie's weeklong disappearance into a 25,000-acre nature reserve is nothing compared to other solo trips he's taken into the wilderness – including a hike on the Appalachian trail lasting three months, DailyMail.com has learned.

'I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.

This might be true, but surviving UNDETECTED is another story.

Anybody have thoughts about the small plane circling over the reserve?
I have a thought and I could be wrong but the 3 days that the parents of Brian Laundries said through their attorney that they went on a camping trip with their son Brian, is a lie, JMO
The Laundries parents put their son in that camper and drove him either to the Mexico border or to Canada border, with being gone for 3 days the parents had time to take BL to one of the borders of the US and come home then stage BL scent in the Carlton Reserve Park, again it is just my opinion, if they hid their son for 2 weeks why not take him out of the US, Brian Laundries could walk into Mexico or Canada real easy if he was close to the borders????

The camper top (actual camper that sits on the bed of a pickup - not just a shell) and the camping trip info all comes from an interview with the people who live across the street from BL’s parents.

The couple who provided the information looked to be retirees and apparently moved into the house in June. They don’t appear to actually know BL’s family and don’t appear to have known that BL and Gabby lived there prior. Their information was gained by simply observing activity that took place in the driveway of the Laundrie family home. Basically, they saw the camper appear and the male neighbor observed BL and his Dad loading stuff into it - then the camper was gone for 3 days or so - and it’s assumed that all 3 members of the family went on the trip (it was unclear from the interview if the neighbors actually saw the camper drive off or if they simply observed that it was gone). They could not recall the date the camper appeared or the date of the trip.

They assumed the camper was brand new and just purchased after BL’s return, but that has not been verified. It could have been a camper they owned all along and kept stored elsewhere or it could have just been purchased. I’m assuming LE knows the specifics of the trip by now, but we just have the info from the interview.
Good points but either way, the timing is highly suspect. Who goes camping under those circumstances?

Darn Google maps lied to me!

Then now I'm confused. BL allegedly hitch-hiker with a couple and then got angry and left when they said they were going to Jackson Hole not Jackson.

Oh gosh guys, so so sorry if I have made a mess of things in the thread. It's 1am and I'm a bit fried.
I think most believe he freaked out because he realized they were going a different way than would take him past the Spread Creek campground.

TFR page 1/2313 NOTAM Details

There are TWO crosses. One left by the family and one undetermined.

Oh ok, well not sure why its such a big deal, there are alot of people camping about and taking an interest in the story, so assume its them or law enforcement. If I was there, id probably do the same thing out of respect, and not mention it to anyone

Mod Note:

I really dis-like shutting down some parts of discussion, however it is my job to make judgement calls at times that are in the best interest of the threads. At this time I am making a judgement call that secret meanings of "Stan" is rumor/conspiracy talk and it is no longer permitted. Should LE offer something to support re-visiting it, the position will be re-considered.

Thanks for understanding and wishing each of you the best today.
Tiff

According to police, the message read: "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls."
Schmidt told investigators that Stan is Petito's grandfather, but that she doesn't usually refer to him by his first name, the warrant, which was obtained by PEOPLE, states.

Final 'Odd Text' Sent from Gabby Petito's Phone Revealed in Warrant | PEOPLE.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48