Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, friends! First-time poster but been hanging out on the Vallow-Daybell forum since that story first broke. Sharing a story from our local news as it gives some insight into GP's personality. She seems like a lovely person. Gabby Petito once lived in Wilmington; friends share memories - WWAY TV (wwaytv3.com)
I am flabbergasted. I too live here and had no idea she lived here for a while. Granted I have been totally sucked in by this forum (similar to how a swampy marsh sucks in FBI agents) and haven't been scouring our own news assuming they would just be parroting the news from the stations local to the scene. Thanks for posting

It's just a shell that sits on the back of their pick-up truck. There's a photo of it sitting in their driveway.

It is an over the Cab of the truck camper which sits down inside the truck bed. It generally has a kitchen, bathroom and sleeping area. (The term “Camper Shell” usually refers to just a top which fits only down over the top of the bed of the truck to protect cargo, with no built in camper furnishings) So if this particular camper is referred to as a “Camper Shell” it probably needs to be added that it is a Camper Shell to include over the cab sleeping space, bathroom, kitchen and interior furnishings built in.

Last edited:
But why lie, at that time there was no crime, he was free to do whatever he pleased, go wherever he wanted. Even now, I'm not sure they can charge him with fleeing as he went hiking before he was a suspect and can claim plausibly he was off the grid and didn't realise people were searching. Even now, they are not saying he is a suspect. Many experts have come out and said he may be one, but LE are just not saying (I assume this is the case). But I don't think they would have hidden him during the camping trip as it wasn't illegal for him to go to Canada or Mexico at that time.
IMO Brian Laundries is not in that Park, JMO

I don't knw if this has already been discussed, this thread has moved so fast, but is there some reason why there seems to be so little speculation on BL being in another country that has no extradition to the USA? Is it possible his parents mentioned the park/reserve as a red herring? Is it possible that they may have just put him on a plane soon after he came home and before GP was even listed as a missing person?

I agree completely. The observer also described BL as "not screaming," which is a very strange way to describe someone who is yelling. Further, if he was "yelling," they would have been able to hear what was being said.

They may have just said that to not be in the press. It a crime to lie to FBI not the press. Or maybe that individual didn't remember, and then asked all their staff. But i would be caging as too what I said to reporters in this case. Everyone is getting vilified.

would you be able to lie that convincingly to FBI agents who had just stormed your home? Sometimes a camping trip really is just a camping trip. MOO
A camping trip, THIS “camping” trip, was not just a camping trip under these circumstances. There is too much going on here to render it just that. And by too much going on, I mean all the actions that point to BL and his parents’ guilt in this case.

Right on... I missed the facts in prior threads on the FBI finding gas station stops and campground verification with witnesses on labor day weekend...just for the records, where did they go camping?

I apologize that is just my speculation and opinion that that is what has occurred I have no evidence. I happen to think and I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think BL and his family probably did just go camping that weekend and the FBI knows it.
personally, I don’t think he’s at the preserve. I believe that story was a ruse to throw law enforcement off his track.

We will need to have different opinions. MOO but I think BL and his family actually did go camping on labor day weekend. I think they had no idea that BL had murdered GP until the media descended on their home and he decided to walk into the swamp. BL probably told his parents that they had a fight and she told him she decided to stay out west and let him drive the van home, especially if he could corroborate that she had plans to meet up with a friend in Yellowstone.

But why lie, at that time there was no crime, he was free to do whatever he pleased, go wherever he wanted. Even now, I'm not sure they can charge him with fleeing as he went hiking before he was a suspect and can claim plausibly he was off the grid and didn't realise people were searching. Even now, they are not saying he is a suspect. Many experts have come out and said he may be one, but LE are just not saying (I assume this is the case). But I don't think they would have hidden him during the camping trip as it wasn't illegal for him to go to Canada or Mexico at that time.

genius point...Is one who does not even realize the LE are searching for them, then become someone who is on the lam? You come out of the rock you have been living under and be like 'you were looking for me? i had no clue, i couldn't even hear those choppers with my spotify playlist going'.
I'd love a LE or legal perspective on this one.

I didn't think about that, but it makes sense! People tend to create memorials for those who die untimely deaths.
I believe that the 1st memorial was placed when the area was still closed off from the general public. So I tend to think it was from someone authorized to be in that area at the time of the recovery.

The police scanner for Sarasota/Venice/North Port just said something about the Carlton Reserve, special detail. Wondering what that's about. Anyone else hear it?
I heard it but it but wasn't quite able to make out anything more than Carlton Reserve

Quick question. I've seen numerous posts about the trip back to Florida to clean out storage unit. Do we have solid proof this happened. Seems easy for a sleuth to come up with flight records and tickets or video of him arriving in Florida. All I've seen is word of mouth and that doesn't seem like credible information. Sorry if this has been talked about I didn't see proof in media timeline.

It was written on the note from the Uncle.. I just don't understand this time..or excuse...

if BL didn't go anywhere

why did GP lie to her mother?
Why a hotel? why stay a week? she's is a vanlifer
Even her father knew something cause he ordered food.

If BL was away... was it a one way ticket?
was he hiking... ?

Someone is covering here for someone else? Maybe something the mom didn't want to tell to the uncle who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl