Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I would question the outdoor skills of the commenter. Likely they've never done any wilderness treks or they would know that just going on the AT with a backpack doesn't mean you have survival skills. It may just mean you have backpack skills. There is a huge difference as so many on this thread have pointed out.
Idk he doesnt seem the type to be able to last in the swamps of Florida but Ive been shocked by some of the contestants on naked and afraid lasting 21 days in the Amazon. I guess you just never know what someone is capable of
MOO

Well, that doesn't sound promising. That may explain why LE said Brian could survive months in the reserve.

I thought they also said there was no drinkable water. Can the water not be filtered for drinking in that area?

You buy a drinkable filter straw for $19.95.
You can also dig a well and use rocks to filter water.
Or boil water.
It's pretty easy if you have matches, a firestarter kit.
Ever watch Naked and Afraid, survivor in the wildness show?
If he has matches and a small pot or cup he'll survive.

I have a thought and I could be wrong but the 3 days that the parents of Brian Laundries said through their attorney that they went on a camping trip with their son Brian, is a lie, JMO
The Laundries parents put their son in that camper and drove him either to the Mexico border or to Canada border, with being gone for 3 days the parents had time to take BL to one of the borders of the US and come home then stage BL scent in the Carlton Reserve Park, again it is just my opinion, if they hid their son for 2 weeks why not take him out of the US, Brian Laundries could walk into Mexico or Canada real easy if he was close to the borders????

But why lie, at that time there was no crime, he was free to do whatever he pleased, go wherever he wanted. Even now, I'm not sure they can charge him with fleeing as he went hiking before he was a suspect and can claim plausibly he was off the grid and didn't realise people were searching. Even now, they are not saying he is a suspect. Many experts have come out and said he may be one, but LE are just not saying (I assume this is the case). But I don't think they would have hidden him during the camping trip as it wasn't illegal for him to go to Canada or Mexico at that time.

""Murder suspect Brian Laundrie's weeklong disappearance into a 25,000-acre nature reserve is nothing compared to other solo trips " dailymail article.

I am quite sure this is nothing like any solo trip anyone has ever taken. Are they implying the AT is worse or easier? I actually don't believe this for a second but curious about others.

IMO good thought to highlight the restaurants and hotel stays. This is not off-the-grid (or even outdoor-focused) life by any stretch. It’s photo ops at popular spots plus cheap overnights.
[I have to throw in an exception to GP ‘s hotel stay in SLC, though, since that night have been a safety measure.] Restaurants and hotels get super expensive.
There are hostels around if you need cheap lodgings.
A much cheaper method for eating is to have a double-burner Coleman stove and make all your meals at campgrounds, rest areas, etc. I hadn’t seen this couple do that. GP might have been comfortable doing that, but no way in heck BL. After all, he could have just driven the van into the sunset. Instead, he drives it home to momma.
I wonder where BL has been getting his showers?

They both cooked. They were also growing some of their own food (and I suspect that was primarily BL based on postings) They had a Coleman burner. They have photos of meals they made. There are comments in the bodycam video about using public showers. Just because one chooses to occasionally go to a restaurant or hotel for a night doesn't mean they aren't capable of camping. I He couldn't have just "driven the van into the sunset". It wasn't his. Someone was bound to be looking for it sooner rather than later.
You are putting a lot of things out there as "fact" that just aren't.

likelihoods:
1) hiding in plain sight in some area with lots of young people, or counter culture area, pre-funded by ma and pa kettle (not exactly, lol) in $9,800 increments to avoid bank flags. (Done before, not now).
2) AT or other less famous hiking trail where roughing it is about 10000 times easily than alligator/snake land.
3) islands off Florida
4) Mexico in area not requiring passport
5) other foreign country, I think it's very unlikely, given all the checks, docs involved in south America at least. And Europe, Canada or Asia, forget it.
6)
7)
8)
9) maybe Alaska but he would have had to go through Canada one way or another, except flying or a ferry requiring docs. Could have been done early on. Too much of a pansy to land in Alaska at the beginning of winter.
10) in the swamp dead or alive

My guess, still he is alive, too much of a coward to off himself.

Last edited:
I haven't checked out any social media rumors today, but if anyone heard this one, it's unrelated.

We are aware of social media rumors and we want to be clear that this incident is not in anyway related to the search for Brian Laundrie.

Updates will follow when they become available.

https://twitter.com/pascosheriff/status/1441057753154400256?s=21

Mod Note:

I really dis-like shutting down some parts of discussion, however it is my job to make judgement calls at times that are in the best interest of the threads. At this time I am making a judgement call that secret meanings of "Stan" is rumor/conspiracy talk and it is no longer permitted. Should LE offer something to support re-visiting it, the position will be re-considered.

Thanks for understanding and wishing each of you the best today.
Tiff

According to police, the message read: "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls."
Schmidt told investigators that Stan is Petito's grandfather, but that she doesn't usually refer to him by his first name, the warrant, which was obtained by PEOPLE, states.

Final 'Odd Text' Sent from Gabby Petito's Phone Revealed in Warrant | PEOPLE.com

Sorry, I think I accidentally started that thread. I was thinking out loud.

Right on... I missed the facts in prior threads on the FBI finding gas station stops and campground verification with witnesses on labor day weekend...just for the records, where did they go camping?

I apologize that is just my speculation and opinion that that is what has occurred I have no evidence. I happen to think and I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think BL and his family probably did just go camping that weekend and the FBI knows it.

You buy a drinkable filter straw for $19.95.
You can also dig a well and use rocks to filter water.
Or boil water.
It's pretty easy if you have matches, a firestarter kit.
Ever watch Naked and Afraid, survivor in the wildness show?
If he has matches and a small pot or cup he'll survive.

I'm curious if they are monitoring the reserve at night via drone for things like fire/campsites. Would definitely make things easier to spot.

Oh ok, well not sure why its such a big deal, there are alot of people camping about and taking an interest in the story, so assume its them or law enforcement. If I was there, id probably do the same thing out of respect, and not mention it to anyone

I didn't think about that, but it makes sense! People tend to create memorials for those who die untimely deaths.

Initially the restaurant was quoted to say the summer is very busy and they didn’t remember the encounter. I feel like if he was screaming and carrying on to the extent the lady claimed he was, that would be memorable to the staff. I have no doubt they were there, since they later acknowledged that they were, and he probably did cause a scene, but I think the lady likely exaggerated how bad it was. I think they would have confirmed there was a huge blow up.

I agree completely. The observer also described BL as "not screaming," which is a very strange way to describe someone who is yelling. Further, if he was "yelling," they would have been able to hear what was being said.

This kind of rent-a-quote article shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyone can go on a big trek when there isn't a manhunt for you, and you can buy supplies along the way.

Obviously he isn't carrying 3 months food on his back. The logistics of living off the land and remaining hidden for long are obviously challenging.
Maybe there’s a cache and he has his parents/someone refilling it. I think LE is looking in the wrong area and I think they need to track the travel history of the parents during that “camping” trip and possibly before. Check their credit card purchases, phone history, etc. They are 100% complicit in BL hiding and surviving somewhere out there.

First I would question the outdoor skills of the commenter. Likely they've never done any wilderness treks or they would know that just going on the AT with a backpack doesn't mean you have survival skills. It may just mean you have backpack skills. There is a huge difference as so many on this thread have pointed out.

It also could have just been posturing on his part too. If he did spend 3 months alone, he likely was very well equipped with supplies. This is a very different situation and a far more unforgiving environment.

I asked the North Port PD spokesperson this morning why they keep coming back to Carlton Reserve in the search for #BrianLaundrie… are dogs sniffing out leads? Response: “I can't speak to anything other than his parents say this is where he went. It's just such a large area.”
View attachment 314216
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441057731868336129?s=21
Now that's transparently funny. It's such a large area... so we keep searching the same generally minor segment of it over and over again. Josh Taylor (presumably) strikes again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member