Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eye witness stated that she wanted to clarify that he wasn't yelling. He was upset and talking to the hostess but not yelling. Blow up means different things to different people.

Can you post the link where the eye witness said he wasn't yelling? This is a quote from the Tampa Bay news: "Angelo told the news outlet that Laundrie was visibly angry, screaming at restaurant staff while continuing to walk in and out of the restaurant." Reports: Witness saw Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie argument | wtsp.com

Hmm this conflicts with the original story of the Van being seized at the house, them trying to speak with BL and the parents handing them contact information for the attorney.
ETA: “Late at night there was a bright light, and they were towing off the van at about 11 o’clock at night,” said Keith Graves, the couple’s neighbor in North Port.
Van linked to missing YouTuber removed from fiancé’s North Port home, neighbor says | WFLA

Last edited:
More details emerge about Gabby Petito's last days as communities mourn her – CNN
<snipped & BBM>
Before she moved to Florida, Petito had worked as a hostess at Smoke on the Water in Wilmington, North Carolina. Coworkers there say she made everyone feel loved, according to CNN affiliate WWAY. It was another community upon which the young woman made her mark.

"She's not just a name. She's not just a case. She was a person, and she was very special to a lot of people and many of us here," the restaurant's general manager, Lara Witschen, told WWAY. "She was a good soul, a good spirit, and touched so many lives. That's what we want her to be remembered for."

[...]

A neighbor who lives directly across the street from the home Petito shared with Laundrie and her family told CNN the last time she saw Laundrie at the North Port, Florida, home was the weekend of September 10.

Karyn Aberts said she saw Laundrie and his family "in the neighborhood out in the front yard," saying it looked like "a normal ... they were going for a walk kind of thing," and that she "never thought anything about it."

Aberts told CNN outside her home that she'd watched Petito and Laundrie converting the van they eventually drove across the country. (Officials would later find that van, a white Ford, at the Laundrie home.)

"They seemed to be sitting and laughing in their car and then the van that they were working on," Aberts said, noting the last time she saw Petito was early in the summer, before the coupe [sic] left on their road trip.

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the video who was embarrassed to have eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because it’s not conceivable for him to be both these people in my opinion.

/JMO

I have witnessed similar things personally myself, I assure you it's quite possible. The stress of a deteriorating relationship would severely impact his mental health ,and his ability to keep control over his emotions was rapidly decreasing. JMO.

has this been verified more than just the restaurant saying they’d been there? I mean the type of blowup by BL described it’s unlikely the restaurant workers would forget and seems even more unlikely they wouldn’t have already recognized and reported what occurred before influencers came out with the story. Although admittedly I suppose they could’ve reported before and just not known. Anyway, initially the restaurant manager said she didn’t recall any type of blowup by anyone and I just feel like it’s something that would’ve been remembered given how it was described.
This witnesses' account of events must be discounted. This event has become a social media circus and the clowns are coming out of the woodwork.

There has been a lot of talk about Brian not having any dreams or goals and it got me digging a little. His artwork intrigued me. He's not a bad artist. Before the Van Life trip, Brian was selling bookmarks and t-shirts with his prints on Depop. I don't know if he sold anywhere else. It explains why he had his drawings up on his IG page. He linked there from Depop to show his work.

Bizarre Design's Shop - Depop

This in no way takes away from this awful crime. It just gives a bit more insight into BL and that he appeared to have some goals too.

What a wasted life. Even the darkest amongst us have dreams.

MOO.
Just wanted to add—for people saying he had no goals or dreams, in all honesty, we know very little about his and Gabby’s lives. Not everyone dreams of going to college, working in a cubicle Monday through Friday, living in a two story house and driving a BMW. That doesn’t mean they don’t have dreams or goals.

Someone mentioned that Nancy Grace stated that she knows Gabby's cause of death. I believe John Walsh does as well. I mentioned a few threads back that John said that Brian beat Gabby to death during his interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN. He said it with such anger and certainty. The interview was just before the announcement that Gabby's death was ruled a homicide. I think he may have slipped up said something he was supposed to keep to himself.

MOO.

I'm kind of wondering if the family strolls around the neighborhood, bike rides, and 'camping trip' were partly about getting away from any electronic devices that could be eavesdropping - like Siri, Alexa, etc. -- so they could be sure they were speaking privately. I know there are settings to turn those off, but somehow, Siri always seems to know what's going on in my life.

I said, I have been near where he is supposedly at now in Florida. I was saying the most difficult place in this whole country I've ever been on my trips is South Carolina in the area the locals call the PEE DEE. in my opinion, its so difficult because on Monday the weather is 95° and humid just like every other place in the south including Florida but then Tuesday its 31° with ice, then Wednesday its 87° humid.
we dont get ice in Florida even the very rare times its 31 is all im saying. might get frost on the ground in the morning but no ice.

I wonder if she felt unsafe sleeping in the van someplace alone for a week? I would.

We also don't know that she was in the hotel for the entire week.
It's still possible that BL wasn't even in FL.

I've wondered if they got into a fight, he took her phone and van and GP contacted mom and dad and said BL had gone back to FL to help move some things - could they get her a hotel room for a night or two and a pizza please? All the while BL was still there had just left her like he seemed inclined to threaten.

I'm sure FBI has confirmed if that trip to FL was real or not but IMO it wasn't.

Sometimes when you buy a used car it only comes with one key. Im guilty of not getting a second set made when I bought a used car in the past. MOO
OK, that makes sense. And having a spare key made could eat into her tight budget. I've been surprised at how much having a spare car key made costs!

Last edited:
Hmm this conflicts with the original story of the Van being seized at the house, them trying to speak with BL and the parents handing them contact information for the attorney.

Well they could have left after the van was seized, a tow truck picking up a van and handing over a business card takes less than an hour.

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the body cam footage who was understandably embarrassed to have had eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum (and for what?!) making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.

/JMO
He was "embarrassed" as he slapped and then hit her per the 911 call? All out on the street in plain view of anyone. I think that was his MO, publicly embarrassing her to make her fail. He was downright cocky and happy once he learned they would blame it all on her.

Well, that doesn't sound promising. That may explain why LE said Brian could survive months in the reserve.

I thought they also said there was no drinkable water. Can the water not be filtered for drinking in that area?
You could easily capture rainwater and use tablets or a lifestraw for drinking. It probably rains an inch a day out there in general.
I have my own crazy story about going into the wilderness and surviving. I basically went in the first time with zero skills, zero experience and no supplies. Its not that difficult and isn't as a hard as people believe. Any average intelligence person can easily survive in the wild. It's in our DNA, we have been doing that way longer than living in society. Some places are more difficult than others and I've been all over doing it since the first time but its not that difficult. I just wanted to put that out there because I see so many people assuming it's a death sentence except for the highly trained outdoorsman and it's not. If he is dead its because he wanted to be dead imo
This I agree with. He likely has a tent and a hammock, could have a backpack full of nutrient dense protein bars and a way to collect rainwater. It would be uncomfortable, but not deadly (short of wildlife interaction). I live about 10 minutes away. The afternoon rains nearly every day actually cool the air a bit. Nights have been in the high 70s, low 80s. That being said, if he is alive right now I hope he is MISERABLE. I do hope they catch him. I really felt like yesterday was the day. Now, I really don't think he is out there and all the LE are just having a great time on their training exercise.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members