Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the problem with this story, the only source is what GP has told her dad.
There is no mention that she reported the quite dramatic Aug 12th incident to anyone (including her dad), else her family would have been aware much earlier that things were going terribly wrong. So I wager that she would also not tell him when she and BL had a fallout and either tried to reconcile in the hotel or spent their week apart from each other. The "BL helped dad with storage in Florida" story increasingly looks like a white lie to me, to keep up the facade.

Where is the source that her dad said this? I thought we only knew about this from a handwritten note of her uncle's?

He had TONS of social media presence (pinterest, instagram, deviant art, his own designs featured prominently). I've looked at. hundreds of pictures - but they are not of his face. It's not that kind of social media presence (thankfully - we refuse to watch travel videos where it's mostly some person rambling on about their travels, we just like seeing the scenery - as the Bethunes seem to know).

Brian also does a lot of reading and has pictures of actual books - although I now think he grabbed the pictures off of the internet, but there's a picture from this trip with him in a hammock, with an actual book, not a kindle.

Have you seen the picture of the piano the two of them rescued and then he painted? It's amazing. Gabby put her touches into it too. That was fairly recent. But I gave up going back in time in Brian's SM after I got to around 2019. But it's literally hundreds of posts as well as likes of other people's work and so on. Hundreds of repins on pinterests, as well as his own uploads.

I didn’t find much before GP which is what my point was. I’m also not sure that Pinterest that has been posted is or was solely his (I suspect it was more GP) the oldest posts are 1-2 years old.

And very very few posts are their own. It’s mostly reshaping things they liked. That’s not a “social media presence” and doesn’t indicate at all that being an influencer was anything he was after.

Brian 'sighting' reported by woman convinced she spotted him in Canada

"Brian Laundrie ‘sighting’ reported as flight attendant convinced she spotted Gabby Petito’s fiancé in Canada"
Kind of looks like him but being Canadian, I can tell you flying into Canada from the US is not going to be easy. You most definitely need a passport and to answer a bunch of questions in regards to your reason for the travel, to get past security and it is not like you can just by pass security at the airport. Not to mention there is a lot of cameras. Not likely Canada sorry - MOO

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1441116765262471170?s=21

1/2 Moab Police will investigate how they handled the August 12th incident:
At this time, the City of Moab is unaware of any breach of Police Department policy during this incident. However, the City will conduct a formal investigation and, based on the results...
2/2 will take any next steps that may be appropriate.
Chief added:
The police department will identify an unaffiliated law enforcement agency to conduct the formal investigation on our behalf.
Chief:
We look forward to the investigation. Should the investigation identify areas for improvement we will take that information to heart, learn from it, and make changes if needed to ensure we are providing the best response and service to our community.

BBM

There was an Insomnia down the street from me when I was in graduate school at Yale. They would deliver until 4:00am—truly saved me during many long nights for three years.
K I think Im really missing this from my life! The only thing open at 4 am around here is some diners and 7/11

POI is also a known euphemism for “suspect”. POI is used when they have not yet been questioned or have enough evidence to charge the person(s) involved in a crime.

BL is being called a POI most likely for these reasons and to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Exactly. Sometimes "official statements" are outright lies. I understand sometimes they feel they have to lie, but they lose credibility.

A few days into this case, an official said there is "no suspicion of criminality."

That was insane. Not even "suspicion"? Any LEO will tell you they consider all possibilities in such cases.

Even worse, this was said again by an official on the case AFTER her body was found.

These questionable official statements are made often in other cases.

Whether they're lying or not, it's disturbing. Of course I always hope such statements are lies.

And I agree, he was a suspect even before he was named POI.

As LEOs often say at the beginning of such cases, "EVERYONE is a suspect." That is when they're being honest.

I used to visit this site years ago and appreciated the excellent sleuthing I observed at that time. But, unfortunately, I must now say that in reference to this particular event anyway, much of the meticulous sleuthing of the past has devolved into wild speculation.

My understanding of the rules are you must provide a link to support any hypotheses you may have so a speculative comment doesn't turn into a conspiracy theory. Perhaps, the mods just can't keep up with the high volume of comments coming in?

my understanding is one is allowed to speculate as long as it is marked as such but something provided as fact needs a source link.

Bogin, Munns & Munns has defense attorneys and they advertise heavily in Central Florida. They are a straight shot down Orange Ave but I can't imagine they would park near 120 N. Orange...unless, of course, they were getting Insomnia Cookies first, which I couldn't argue with because they are SUPER yummy. lol

Criminal Defense Attorney Orlando | Get Legal Help Now

Edited to add MOO, IMO because I put Insomnia Cookies are super yummy and inevitably someone will disagree. LOL
111 Orange has several law offices according to their directory in google maps.

I'm not convinced there was hard trying going on. Maybe. I think there was a "dream"... maybe even an "ambition" to make a go of monetized YouTube. It just wasn't planned well. It seems like maybe a 'well, I like that channel, so I'm gonna do what they did' type of business plan. As you suggested, it's saturated. Even the most high earning channels evolve 'cuz they cannot succeed with repetitive-ish content for long. And, one montage video in 2+/- months ain't gonna cut it. No way.

IMO, channel would have been better.
- Got to STL - dumped controling BF - solo trip to yellowstone - met up with BFF - continued great trip to NW.

On a side note about GP's website being password protected, it is a squarespace hosted site. They allow you to use password protection to prevent users from accessing your page when you are building the site. With intermittent internet access, I can see her using this feature to build the website to an acceptable stage before making it public. MOO
Looking at that website makes me so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94