Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clearly missed something in the several hours I took off from WS-what is it about plastic?

When the police officers offered BL a water during the DV incident he declined saying he didn't like plastic bottles. Now that he has a warrant for his arrest for using stolen credit/bank cards it's been a bit of a joke. :)

What possible story could this brat have come up with, to explain him arriving back in Fla., alone and with Gabby's van? And why was the van hidden in their garage?

We really don't know what he has or hasn't told them or how far it verges from the truth.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd previously told them about the Police incident and that she very nearly got arrested for DV and he'd been given a hotel which could lay the foundation for him to make a reasonable story up. My son isn't old enough yet for serious girlfriends but when the times comes had he mentioned this to me and then a few weeks later called me saying his girlfriend had attacked him again and he'd punched her back and she'd fell and hit her head. I honestly don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't help him cover it up and would encourage him to do the right thing, but if I genuinly thought he'd been a victim of DV my sympathy and/or compassion for the victim would dramatically drop and I'd want him to get the advice of a lawyer.

Glad they've got the evidence to make him a wanted man either way.

You guys will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brian's lawyer the one person with whom he could be staying? imo.

I don't see that happening at all -- harboring a fugitive, etc., for one thing... and he is an attorney. JMHO. Even if he is a family friend. But stranger things have happened...
------------------------
The penalties for harboring can be extremely harsh and in certain cases steep fines may apply. A conviction for concealing a person from arrest can be punishable by up to one year of incarceration. If the person given safe haven is an escaped prisoner the penalty can yield a maximum prison term of three years.

Harboring a Suspect or Fugitive in a Federal Criminal ...
https://www.southflalaw.com › ... › Federal Charge

--------------------------

Last edited:
What possible story could this brat have come up with, to explain him arriving back in Fla., alone and with Gabby's van? And why was the van hidden in their garage?
There is none. Lets not forget he's on the run for the love of Pete and poor Gabby is deceased. I don't think there are questions anymore (nor should there be) about anything other then "WHERE IS HE"! OH, and what involvement did his parents have through all of this ( THEY DID) IMO.

The indictment was handed down via a federal grand jury in Wyoming, so it appears to have been Gabby's card that was used.

It's not confirmed though.

Would this be because it came into his possession in Wyoming, because he used it in Wyoming, because her case is being handled in Wyoming etc? Curious if someone with the legal understanding can explain. (Just jumping off your post with the question)

Reading this latest hitchhiking account it seems Brian was hitchhiking with multiple people but only remaining in their vehicles for short periods of time. Almost like he couldn't stand to be in the car with anyone for longer than say 10-15 minutes or so and would start getting anxious like a caged animal. Strange too, if Miranda Baker* let him out at the Jackson Lake Dam at 6:09pm and then this Norma Jean Jalovec is picking him up at "6:15pm or 6:20pm" near Pacific Creek Landing on Hwy 191 could Brian have gotten yet another ride from someone else whom hasn't come forward? That's at least an hour and a half walk from the dam to Pacific Creek Landing I estimated on Google Maps. The way Brian abruptly gets out of the van at the entrance to Spread Creek Campground suggests to me he was getting very irritable and "over" being polite to those picking him up by this point. Not to mention returning to the scene of the crime and having someone drop him so close must have had his anxiety off the charts.
And I have to wonder how many minutes after the bible fell in his lap did he start to freak out?

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I'm really curious about police apparently doing surveillance on the parents today when they went to the lawyer. I'm not stanning for the parents here, just genuinely curious how the law works. To surveil someone, must there be some kind of evidence? Does it need anything like a warrant? I guess what I'm asking is if surveilling the parents suggests anything about their status in this investigation?

To do something like electronic surveillance, you'd need a warrant. However, there is no right to privacy in public places. So LE can follow you around and literally surveil you when you're out in public. They can do it to anyone though it would be approved by the police department or agency requesting it. I am sure his parents are at least considered witnesses with valuable information since Brian was with them for so long.

There have been interesting cases over the years over where is the line for public surveillance - is your backyard public? What about hidden under a tent in the backyard? What about heat sources from your house?

Hello fellow sleuthers…I apologize if this has been mentioned or cleared up already but I am just now getting to check the site this evening. I have been watching other live outlets throughout the day and heard when the warrant was issued.

My question is, when did they release information about the parents going to a library? I knew they went to Orlando but a library specifically is new info to me. Is the library in Orlando?

IMO when I heard they went to Orlando and that the warrant was actually issued yesterday but released to the media today, I began to wonder to myself, where are the federal courts in Florida? The nearest to the Laundrie’s is Tampa and Orlando. I was wondering if maybe they needed to go to a federal court house to receive the news of the warrant and pursuance of indictment being released given the situation at their house. They wouldn’t go to the one in Tampa because it is too close to their home and everything that’s going on. I was thinking maybe they went to the federal courthouse in Orlando and received the information that it was about to be released to the public because I found it VERY interesting that they returned home from Orlando and about 30min or so later, the warrant was released to the media. .

RSBM. I am positive that LE gave their attorney a heads' up about the imminent release of the warrant before they released it to the public. The trip to Orlando was not a coincidence. Prosecutors and defense attorneys are professional colleagues who compete in court, but at the end of the day, are colleagues and value their relationships with one another.

What I wonder is if they began preliminary negotiations of some sort today -- whether it be conditions for their son's surrender, a plea for them, immunity... something.

Only one card number was listed in the indictment and 2 checking accounts. It's a fair assumption that the card was tied to two or more accounts. The can only be set up to debit one account when the chip is read or it's swiped when making a purchase at a store or gas pump. That means the other account would only be accessible from a cash advance or ATM withdrawal. imo

The indictment does not say they were checking accounts. I said several times that he could have used the card to purchase items. That's been my whole point the entire time. They have the time frame of this crime to include September 1, so I'm assuming that means he bought gas or something. It wasn't just cash he took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675