Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the messages he sent from her phone impersonating her would also qualify as fraud and may be part of the indictment?

They might be ... but I have to say, we have followed cases here where a perp has texted from their victim's phone (to give the illusion the victim was still alive) and those text messages have been used as evidence, and have not been given a separate fraud charge.

Look at the videos of them removing stuff from the house with a warrant: there's absolutely no room in there.

Interesting. I wonder if that's the "Stuff in storage" that Brian probably did NOT fly to Florida to help his dad with 8/17 through 8/23. Having a hard time believing this happened. IDK. Maybe it is stuff moved from a storage unit there?

I find it hard to believe they'd take a trip, knowing they'd have to move stuff like that and didn't take care of it before they left. IDK

Why did NJJ ask BL if he needed gas money? Is there any explanation other than that one news article?

Yes, that entire week Gabby was supposedly alone is a mystery to me. What was she doing the whole time and why didn't she communicate with anyone?

Yes, this part of the story baffles me, too. And yet there isn't anything showing she wasn't there, right? She didn't post hiking photos during that time? We don't have corroboration that he was actually in Florida, although the garage looks like it could have had a storage unit emptied into it. We don't have anybody saying "I sat next to BL on a flight to Florida". Another poster said maybe it was a story she made up to cover for him, which seems plausible.

I agree. We need to cut them a break until we have actual facts of what BL told them and know exactly their thought process afterwards. They've been though enough.
Gabby's family disagrees:

"We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

I had to skip a couple of threads so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but Gabby's channel made it to 100k subscribers today! This means that it should be eligible for the silver play button coveted by many youtubers! Red White and Bethune has said they will make it a mission to get this award to her parents. I know their goal is 1 million for the gold but the silver is great!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgnE460ebvgB1I30gwuLkw
What does "silver play button" mean? Please enlighten those of us not into social media. Thanks!

In my mind, the oddest part of this saga is the fact he flew back to Florida for a week and shortly after returning to the hike, she was killed. That return to Florida has something major to do with this and perhaps a window to the motive...?

Or he had been living off her the whole time. It would not surprise me, one bit.
If he was using her debit card and not his own, or even cash from his own account, it indicates to me that he was out of money. Could have also been another source of the arguments.
IF, and thats a huge IF, they both contributed to a single account, I can't believe he would allow her to be the only name on the account.
MOO

Yes, this part of the story baffles me, too. And yet there isn't anything showing she wasn't there, right? She didn't post hiking photos during that time? We don't have corroboration that he was actually in Florida, although the garage looks like it could have had a storage unit emptied into it. We don't have anybody saying "I sat next to BL on a flight to Florida". Another poster said maybe it was a story she made up to cover for him, which seems plausible.

People might not know if they sat next to BL on a flight ... considering that masks are required on all flights.

The female Ranger treated Gabby as the aggressor. They missed quite a few red flags that they are supposed to be trained to recognize. I recognized them and my training came decades ago. Our nation has had laws...and resources...available to victims of domestic violence but they aren't going to help if LE don't do their jobs properly, recognize who is victim and who is aggressor and guide them to the resources.

Gabby loved BL. She had no support system close by, no idea his "mean" treatment of her was not a sign of love. Of course they couldn't make her leave him but they could have connected her with local resources. Moab UT is the county seat with a population of around 5,000. Yet they have an emergency women's shelter. That's where Gabby should have been directed to spend the night. Instead, they not only treated her as the aggressor, they made her feel she was lucky they didn't arrest her. Cops added to her emotional trauma and I have no doubt BL took advantage of it.

JMO

Federal Domestic Violence Laws

Moab, UT Domestic Violence Help, Programs
Yes, while he was laughing with the officer about her being crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther