Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did kill her, I don't think it was planned.

As I have said, and agree with you, the better escape plan would be a Central or South America country. I would not pick Costa Rica as there are many expats there and the country is US friendly. However, I think your point is not a specific country but more along the same lines with me.

If he did kill her, it appears to me that denial took over as a coping mechanism. This would explain the normal behavior when he got back home. He made up a story that his parents believed and he was trying to believe.

Once her body was found, that denial evaporated. Where did he go from there? I think that is yet to be known but the area of the search must be searched. I do think he had suicidal thoughts but is was after the body was found. As I have said previously, I don't rule out other possibilities but I highly suspect he is dead.
So, if he did not kill her, who do you think did? BBM

Looking at the map, it was quite a distance from North Port to Orlando. Quite a distance to go to see their attorney who travelled to FL to see them. Why travel so far to see the attorney? Why didn't the lawyer fly into Fort Meyers? What I'm wondering is, if the Laundries have Brian hidden somewhere, could it be in the area of Orlando?

I wondered why they met in Orlando, too. They could have met in Tampa which is very close.

Brian Laundrie look-alike spotted by TikTok user in Canada (nypost.com)
A flight attendant has posted a photo she snapped of a “flustered” man she said looked strikingly similar to Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend Brian Laundrie outside a hotel in Canada, according to a report.

The woman said on TikTok that she spotted the man on Monday as he walked out of the hotel in Toronto where she was staying, The Sun reported.

The man — who appeared “flustered” — then got into car and drove off with another man, the woman said on TikTok using the handle @cwlynn, according to the news outlet.

[...]

It is not so easy to get into Canada these days.

I have some NY friends who just crossed the border to visit family there. You have to pre-register with proof of covid vaccination, be approved, then you can enter.

If you are not covid-vaccinated, you must provide proof of negative covid test taken with 72 hours of entering, pre-register, and then quarantine for 8 days once you arrive there.

They will have a digital trail if he wants to (or did) enter Canada.

Use ArriveCAN to enter Canada - Canada.ca

Do we know if her phone has been recovered? or if the mentions in the warrant are due to them knowing last connection to cell tower etc.

I do think that’s an error. Her mother has also specifically stated that she received the 8/30 text from Gabby’s number. I saw a screenshot of it in some video - the punctuation/capitalization was “no service, in Yosemite” .

I vividly remember the screenshot. It was just of the single text message.

It’s not unheard of for news sites/channels/papers to make a “mock up” artist’s impression of what a text message “would”/“could” have looked like, as a visual element to be representative of the text, rather than an actual screenshot of the message itself.

If that were potentially the case here, it could explain them using a comma - editorialising/“artistic license” for, in their minds. the benefit of the readers/viewers, while actually muddying the waters as to the real text.

I think you're right. He isn't this 'mastermind fugitive' he's being framed as. He's a 23 year old who freaked out.

His parents aren't wealthy, he can't run for long. I believe he has killed himself in the reserve.

I think you've very accurately summarized it.

It was a grey message, screenshot from Gabby’s mom’s phone. It wouldn’t matter if he sent it from her iPad or her iPhone, the color of the message chain would still be blue/grey.
Ah, was curious if there was a green bubble to indicate it had been sent from an android device.

It is not so easy to get into Canada these days.

I have some NY friends who just crossed the border to visit family there. You have to pre-register with proof of covid vaccination, be approved, then you can enter.

If you are not covid-vaccinated, you must provide proof of negative covid test taken with 72 hours of entering, pre-register, and then quarantine for 8 days once you arrive there.

They will have a digital trail if he wants to (or did) enter Canada.

Use ArriveCAN to enter Canada - Canada.ca
Yes —Because of all these recent factors, I don’t think Canada would be a place for him to flee to, unless he had some sort of fake proof of vaccination which didn’t reveal his real name.

I wondered why they met in Orlando, too. They could have met in Tampa which is very close.
Pure speculation, but maybe a "hey look over here" way of getting attention away from the house? But I agree with everyone, it's weird to make them drive all that way and back unless there was something very specific they needed to be there in person for. Maybe BL himself has been secreted away in the lawyer's office? Again, just speculation.

It's highly suspicious to me that the attorney flew to Orlando to meet rather than Fort Meyers. The price of the flight would have been similar and it would have saved the Laundrie family many miles driving. Surely they wouldn't have been planning to meet up with Brian / drop off something for him along the way? I mean, they can't possibly think that the FBI isn't watching their every move??

Good morning everyone! Sat in abysmal traffic on the way home last night, came home and saw that the warrant was issued, and I was FLOORED. I had a lot of things going on last night and was exhausted from days of staying up late following along with this case, I needed some sleep. Hope all of you are doing well today.

I still cannot believe we've officially reached manhunt status with this case, never thought we'd get there tbh.

What has me thinking this morning - why are they going back to the reserve? I truly don't believe he's there, and then with the new information that came out about him using a debit card/pin #...I think they're now looking in the wrong spot. I didn't believe that up until the warrant last night.

Did they say where this was used or is it merely speculation where it was used at this point? I thought i saw someone link here to a place in IL.

It was a grey message, screenshot from Gabby’s mom’s phone. It wouldn’t matter if he sent it from her iPad or her iPhone, the color of the message chain would still be blue/grey.

Newbie here. I think the question is if the message was sent via cellular or via wifi; not which device (i.e. iPad or iPhone). I assume the text records that have been referred to are from the mobile carrier, but that the mobile carrier doesn't have a record of texts that were sent via wifi. Can anyone confirm that?

ETA: the point of this being that both current reports could potentially be true - the last "text message" in a traditional sense was Stan; the last iMessage received was "no service"

SEP 24, 2021
Gabby Petito’s Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Left Behind Wallet And Cellphone Before He Disappeared – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Local and federal officials continue to search for any signs of Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve, a roughly 25,000-acre nature preserve near his parents’ home in North Port. The search had paused Thursday overnight due to darkness, the North Port Police Department said.

Law enforcement began their search of the area after Laundrie’s family said to police last Friday that he had not been seen for days, telling his family he was headed to the reserve before not being heard from again. A source said Laundrie left behind his wallet and cellphone.

Laundrie’s parents are concerned that he might hurt himself, the source said.

North Port Police public information officer Josh Taylor declined to comment to CNN on the report, saying, “I cannot give any statement to a timeline at this time. That investigation is being conducted by the FBI.”

[...]

Yes —Because of all these recent factors, I don’t think Canada would be a place for him to flee to, unless he had some sort of fake proof of vaccination which didn’t reveal his real name.

And a passport that matches that fake vaccination certificate.

Would take a lot of finangling to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley