Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not so easy to get into Canada these days.

I have some NY friends who just crossed the border to visit family there. You have to pre-register with proof of covid vaccination, be approved, then you can enter.

If you are not covid-vaccinated, you must provide proof of negative covid test taken with 72 hours of entering, pre-register, and then quarantine for 8 days once you arrive there.

They will have a digital trail if he wants to (or did) enter Canada.

Use ArriveCAN to enter Canada - Canada.ca

There are ways to enter illegally.
You just hike in. No walls, no border patrol.
The average person would NOT consider doing this but is possible, not difficult terrain either.

Newbie here. I think the question is if the message was sent via cellular or via wifi; not which device (i.e. iPad or iPhone). I assume the text records that have been referred to are from the mobile carrier, but that the mobile carrier doesn't have a record of texts that were sent via wifi. Can anyone confirm that?

Even if she texted from an iPhone via cellular, it would show up as grey. Gabby obviously had a data plan so even without wifi, her phone would still send iMessages.

That guy looks nothing like Brian. Look at his completely full beard, where Brian doesn't have that. Also, this guy looks middle eastern of some kind and 45 years old.

A flight attendant taking a picture of a passenger and then posting it for the world to see - who doesn't in fact look like Brian - is extremely unprofessional, IMHO.
He was not a customer. He was outside a hotel.

Go back and re-watch the original presser with the NPPD. The chief slips and almost says murder instead of missing. I think they may have known from the start. IMO
Oh, I definitely think they suspected foul play from the beginning. Finding the evidence to prove that is another matter. I think the analysis of the cellphone, GPS, and computer data will end up being important evidence, and it will be a strong circumstantial case.

If Brian is found alive, that is. If not, it's going to feel like Gabby's family was cheated out of getting justice.

It's highly suspicious to me that the attorney flew to Orlando to meet rather than Fort Meyers. The price of the flight would have been similar and it would have saved the Laundrie family many miles driving. Surely they wouldn't have been planning to meet up with Brian / drop off something for him along the way? I mean, they can't possibly think that the FBI isn't watching their every move??

Price might be nothing for an attorney. To me, $50 is $50 but to an attorney, maybe not. Besides, when I worked for a law firm I think it goes in with the billing to the client (attorneys/legal ws folks please correct me if this is no longer the case, this was 20 years ago for me).

I was wondering why Orlando of all places anyway, and realized that they didn't do it virtual in case they were being tapped somehow. I wondered why they were meeting with the attorney and they must have gotten told that the warrant would be issued (not yesterday, but with enough time for the attorney to book a flight and get down to Florida). And I'm sure they were being followed by unmarked LE cars to the attorneys office and back. Not to mention the media was high tailing them and got them in Orlando - even though I hate thinking Daily Mail is truly media.

I wondered why they met in Orlando, too. They could have met in Tampa which is very close.
Could the lawyer or parents have had a chance to do a "dead drop" for BL somewhere? Making sure their tail isn't watching and slip something on a shelf somewhere for BL to grab when they leave. If BL is in disguise of some kind

Not really certain if this is meaningful to anybody, but since its been vaguely referenced in various exchanges, this is the YouTube analytics for Nomadic Statik from the last couple of weeks. [And, let's be honest, VERY little of that traffic is due to the content.]

Attachments

• nomadic statik analytics.JPG
    nomadic statik analytics.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 81
So, if he did not kill her, who do you think did? BBM
My only thoughts on an alternative are that she had a Bumble account and some of their travel or upcoming camping/sights to see were public.

I work in a field that involves assessing risk for sex-trafficking and online stalking (more with at risk-children and young adults, often involved with child welfare services). We just wrapped up some amazing webinars by the FBI related to the technology and apps used by these monsters and how they target people, everything from Instagam, YouTube, Snapchat, gaming chat apps, and many, many others. After spending hours learning about the intricacies of how they operate, including pretending to be a friend online... it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibilities in Gabby's case. She was darling, quite engaged in online communities and sometimes alone. All speculation, MOO!

Good morning everyone! Sat in abysmal traffic on the way home last night, came home and saw that the warrant was issued, and I was FLOORED. I had a lot of things going on last night and was exhausted from days of staying up late following along with this case, I needed some sleep. Hope all of you are doing well today.

I still cannot believe we've officially reached manhunt status with this case, never thought we'd get there tbh.

What has me thinking this morning - why are they going back to the reserve? I truly don't believe he's there, and then with the new information that came out about him using a debit card/pin #...I think they're now looking in the wrong spot. I didn't believe that up until the warrant last night.

Did they say where this was used or is it merely speculation where it was used at this point? I thought i saw someone link here to a place in IL.
Link is here: https://www.wfcnnews.com/Reports_La...rchases_linked_to_Benton,_IL_gas_station.html
Specifically, he made a purchase from a gas station on August 31, in Benton, IL. It's in line with one of the possible Google maps routes to FL from WY, but I haven't checked to make sure, jmo.

I have a theory that perhaps something in the parents computer sent LE to the reserve. Perhaps it was a google search or something intending to do just that, while the actual plan was something quite different :/
You could very well be right. However, I speculate the swamp is a big (and apparently effective) red herring. I speculate the days leading up to the big disappearance were planning and prep time, and concocting this ruse. They must know that recovering anything from that alligator infested swamp would be very difficult. Makes a good "disappearance" story.

I'm not buying it.

I still think he's been secreted away via fishing boat or similar, and is in Mexico, or hunkered down upstate NY in the woods. Likely with a whole new "makeover". Mexico is most likely IMO.

I could be wrong, I am frequently. But this is my prime theory ATM.
All just amateur opinion and speculation

Pure speculation, but maybe a "hey look over here" way of getting attention away from the house? But I agree with everyone, it's weird to make them drive all that way and back unless there was something very specific they needed to be there in person for. Maybe BL himself has been secreted away in the lawyer's office? Again, just speculation.

Is it possible that the Laundrie's have an underground hidey-hole BL could be in? I know it sounds completely insane but it's happened before with a case in the UK.
I would assume the FBI tore that house apart looking for false walls, and false floor paneling though. Did they bring a K9 unit into their house?

Sex offender used hole in sister's bathroom floor to hide from police
Hartlepool family hid under the floor from police - hideaway was found under bathroom floor

It's highly suspicious to me that the attorney flew to Orlando to meet rather than Fort Meyers. The price of the flight would have been similar and it would have saved the Laundrie family many miles driving. Surely they wouldn't have been planning to meet up with Brian / drop off something for him along the way? I mean, they can't possibly think that the FBI isn't watching their every move??
That's what I'm wondering. Or maybe the family has property along the way? Or maybe they recently acquired property during that three day family camping trip they took? It just seems odd to travel that far. For all we know, Brian could have been in that atty's office and met them all there. I don't believe anyone went into the building with the Laundries.

He was not a customer. He was outside a hotel.
This day and age with phones being able to take very good picture, i get a bit suspicious with grainy phone pics of sightings. I get the trail cam pic was blurry. But an iphone, its almost like they go out of their way to take a grainy photo

There are ways to enter illegally.
You just hike in. No walls, no border patrol.
The average person would NOT consider doing this but is possible, not difficult terrain either.

I was responding to the post about the flight attendant who took a photo of a passenger who looked like BL, who flew into Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member