Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10th is correct, I was under the same impression it was earlier.

well them having no clue, other than "oh we broke up" or "she went off with a friend, we are taking a break" is totally plausible, if they were not alerted she was missing until the 10th themselves. Its also plausible they believed he left her and he lied and said, "something happened after I left" for them to believe him and hire a lawyer. Most parents would believe and support their kid, in this situation at the start. Then he goes missing on the 14th and they called the FBI fearing for his safety. It seems all plausible that they are just some parents mixed up with some horrible thing their kid did.

As a fortunate survivor w PTSD due to long-term severe and threatening domestic abuse, in forms of the psychological classic double bind of abuse-apologize used by psychopaths and sociopaths, I can only pray that Gabby didn't suffer terribly during her dying hours.

Praying any pain was swiftly extinguished as she clearly already suffered acute and chronic mental anguish w PTSD due to the constant negativity from Bs frequent outbursts.

Gabby told officers he stressed her out. I believe her.

#LiveAndLetLive

From the cop cam, look on the references thread for his evading the law. It was the main reason he recklessly hit the curb at high speed, because she was trying to get him to pull over because of the cop car, with lights on, behind them. He was going roughly 3X the limit yet the cops did not charge him for speeding and evading (felony in Utah).

Yes, they used a "subsequent" report from "Christopher" to place blame for the DV on her. Even though the first report was a 911 call from a passerby who described BL slapping and hitting her. Check the thread for resources.

Here's a good resource.

Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

I see the speeding, but I'm not seeing anything else you're seeing.

I wish I understood this technology better. If a phone has their location off, does that prevent GPS tracking? Do they then need to rely on (less accurate) towers?
There are three ways that phone location can be established.

1. GPS, which can be turned off. A phone can report its position even if the cell service is turned off via a wifi network. Can be extremely accurate, certainly less than 30' (it depends on how many satellites the phone can see... can be affected by tree cover, buildings etc.
2. Triangulation from cellphone tower pings, only works if the cellphone is turned on. Not very accurate. Probably using a combination of time-of-flight for the signal plus signal strength.
3. Using the ISP's knowledge of wifi network topology (ie it knows where certain networks are located, from gathering data from many many users). This can be extremely accurate but depends on the phone's wifi being turned on (not necessarily connected though).

I am glad to hear this, for we all know that had MoabPD done its job correctly, Gabby would still be alive today.
1) Dispatch apparently did not inform the responding police abut the 911 report which reported Brian was slapping Gabby in public.
2) Despite seeing bruises and cuts on both Brian and Gabby, Moab PD did not take them to the nearest hospital for a full body examination, which may have revealed more evidence of DV hidden by clothing. Also it would have provided Gabby with more of a chance to tell someone what Brian had been doing to her.
3) They did not arrest Gabby despite their investigation concluding she was the aggressor. Had they arrested her, she may be alive to this day.

The investigation should just be to correct procedures, not to discipline or ruin anyone's career. Buts lets stop trying to pretend MoabPD did not blow the last chance to save Gabby's life.
They did not want to arrest her because of the impact an arrest would have on her future. Maybe Utah law needs a way to expunge domestic violence arrests from a person's history for first time offenders in a situation such as this. If there were lower consequences for her, they might have followed through with the arrest.

They did not want to arrest her because of the impact an arrest would have on her future. Maybe Utah law needs a way to expunge domestic violence arrests from a person's history for first time offenders in a situation such as this. If there were lower consequences for her, they might have followed through with the arrest.
I agree with all above.

Commander Joe Fussell on new search area for Brian.

"Agencies are issuing search warrants for data, whether it be social media or some other investigative means and then we do the search so we're not wasting our time out here.

We are doing our due diligence to find Brian in an area that intelligence has led us that he could possibly be in. And it's upon us to search this area as best as we can.

As massive as it is with the resources we have to try to find Brian
"

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441464571215155205?s=21
Intelligence by what means do we think? Assuming CNN’s source is correct in that Brian left his cellphone behind when he took off then it’s certainly not phone data driven. I can’t imagine it be car data since we already know it was there b/c of the note threatening to tow it after it had been left overnight.

Last edited:
The report didn't say he was chasing her. IMO I think she was chasing him to get the van keys off him because he wouldn't let her drive off without him.
The 911 caller said he slapped her, then chased her down the sidewalk and was hitting her. This had to be before she crawled through the window and after he locked her out of her van. Imo

Has anyone checked out BL's IG account, his Nomadic Statik thing, and noticed anything unusual? I happened to see it today (I'm not usually able to access IG from my computer), and noticed, that, though he has several topics listed with thumbnail photos, none of the photos include Gabby, the person he's been saying he's engaged to (even after they called off the engagement).

The "Van Life" photo is only him and her white van. Other topics, like "Travel", "Art", etc., also don't have Gabby in them. She's nowhere to be seen, unless there's a photo of her buried within those topic pages (I didn't go that far.). It looks like the site of a single, adventurous guy.

I think that says a lot. At the very least, it could indicate, that he wasn't committed to Gabby. IDK. More speculation, but the fact that she's not on there does stand out to me. Def. not the site of someone in love and engaged to be married, and who's been partnered with supposedly the love of his life for over 2 years.

If this has already been discussed, I must have missed it.

Same on pinterest - although he has one pin that says "my girl" but it's a pin from someone else's board and it's not Gabby - resembles her, no face shown.

No Gabby. However, he does show some of their joint projects. I never post pictures of my family on my boards, btw - I feel that's intrusive and I think everyone knows not to post pictures of me either. We use FB occasionally to share pictures with close family, when everyone knows their picture was being taken for an event and will be shown on FB. Otherwise, I think it's a really bad idea to post pictures of one's SO or spouse or kids - or friends - on Insta in particular. Most Insta feeds are mostly the person themselves...

BL spend a lot of time on his art, though. And a lot of time browsing for inspiration and preserving it.

He had pictures of wedding dresses pinned from Gabby's feed (and was quite diligent about making sure he was connecting with her wedding and baby planning ideas - he seems to have been enthusiastic about both things).

But to a would-be Youtube influencer like Gabby, I don't think having one's boyfriend put up different pictures than ones approved by the influencer would be something a couple would do. And BL does have two engagement photos of the two of them somewhere - can't remember which platform.

I agree with what you're saying about the 'if this... then that' stuff. But where does it end. Why not say if she didn't ask him to join her in her dream, such and such wouldn't have happened. It has virtually no end.

Because her dreams didn't kill her. A man that she trusted and loved did (in my opinion) and police are are sworn to protect saw a girl in complete distress and were pretty flippant and irresponsible with their position. I don't think it's a coincidence she didn't last long after the interaction. I suppose we could say she shouldn't have trusted and loved him. But again, trust and love didn't kill her. A man did. I do not believe the police are RESPONSIBLE for her death. They didn't kill her. They are simply responsible for their poor response. They should be held to account for their actions, not the other. But it's still not blaming. I'm sure many of us will just have to agree to disagree on that.

All JMO and such.

I agree but I truly don’t think it’s a race thing in this situation like some people are making it out to be. I think it’s because there is such a trail on social media from these two that lead up to her death. Had any BIPOC person gone missing and had the extensive social media trail and van life chronology everyone would be trying to figure it out too. I think that’s what is so unbelievable about this case. The public and the authorities have all this information and insight into the couples whereabouts and interests and lives in general most would assume it would be easier to piece together. Just goes to show social media is an illusion.
I don't even really think it had to do with them being on Social Media or her trying to be an influencer. I think, just like in the Caylee Anythony case, you have a situation where one person is missing and another person clearly has the information about where that missing person is, and they just aren't sharing it. Add to that the parents also clamming up. It's just an unfathomable situation for a lot of people, like how could you NOT want to help find her??
It's a lot easier for us to all become armchair detectives when there is that HUGE lead out there as opposed to, ex. Jane had dinner at XYZ and was never seen again. I mean, you can start at the restaurant but where do you even go with that?
All MOO

Oh! I forgot about her "Let it Be" tattoo!!

Could be a reminder to herself to not get so worked up about things. (That's why Paul McCartney wrote the song. His mother Mary comes to him in his dreams and says: "let it be", it's ok that the band is breaking up.)

Edit: Paul wrote the song, not Lennon as I stated earlier. :oops: My apologies Paul!;)

Last edited:
The officers knew the reason for the call. The male was the aggressor. Gabby literally showed LE how he grabbed her and left marks. She also had a scratch on her face. And yet LE only took pictures of the aggressors injuries. Do you realize that you are allowed to fight back when an aggressor physically harms you?
And that's where some questions should have been asked and why there's an investigation as to why things were missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair