Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
No key fobs don’t have gps. He could easily have Gabby’s phone or another traceable device though. They may have traced the mustangs internal gps to the reserve etc. Car key fobs do not have gps tracking unless you buy an additional Bluetooth device that can ping it and add that on to the key ring. I purchased one for my SO who is always losing keys.
I'm not entirely certain that '12 Mustang has an constant-on so-called GPS and storage. Event data recorders typically only activate in the event of a crash and, even then they stor only seconds worth of telemetry info .

They did not want to arrest her because of the impact an arrest would have on her future. Maybe Utah law needs a way to expunge domestic violence arrests from a person's history for first time offenders in a situation such as this. If there were lower consequences for her, they might have followed through with the arrest.
I thought they VERY much wanted to arrest her until the big man on campus showed up and re-centered the situation. My two cents, only.

Last edited:
Definitel
I agreed that you could see someone walking in the trees.[/QUOTE. Definitely could see a person walking, and at a pretty good pace too, faster than I would imagine search personnel walking. IMO

Depending on the model/make of the car, it has tracking technology. Some Mustangs have GPS built in, so they'd be able to pull that info if BL's model has it.

That may be the evidence they have that he is there, or a find my keyring fob. Presumably he has the keys with him. Or dumped them.

Depending on the model/make of the car, it has tracking technology. Some Mustangs have GPS built in, so they'd be able to pull that info if BL's model has it.
I'm skeptical that the infamous black over silver 'vert being discussed would have a constant on GPS with storage. Possibly, if they used the destination portion of nav. I'd imagine that it has an EDR... but that would only fire if there was a crash... and only record seconds worth of telemetry and control positioning.

Isn't it strange that the police officers that did the stop said something like: we could be judged someday by everybody that watches this video...

as if they kinda knew in their subconscious that something wasn't right...

anybody remember that?

I did watch that entire video . Could you explain the "strange" in the "as if they kinda knew in their subconscious that something wasn't right" ... I remember that, but I do not think it would be fair to make the judgement as to what their subconscious would be thinking.

I am just in awe of the dignity and grace that this family has shown. Gabby was a remarkable young lady and her family obviously raised her in such a loving home.

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”

~ Thomas Campbell

You are a shooting star, Gabby.
beautifully and eloquently said Bekind89.

ADMIN NOTE:

The reason Websleuths requires links to information stated as fact is to avoid inaccuracies and rumors.

To correct the record going forward ...

As per Officer Robbins' report

"Gabrielle stated that when saw my lights, she hit Brian in the arm to get his attention which in turn caused him to hit the curb while I was following them".

Gabby did NOT admit to grabbing the wheel as BL had claimed.

This is Websleuths folks. If you state something as fact, you MUST provide a link.

It's different because the law Brian is charged under prohibits unauthorized access. There isn't a law that prohibits unauthorized access to cars.

I think the breadth of 18 U.S.C. 1029 (unauthorized use of an access device) is really illustrated here. NPPD said they did not think they could charge Brian with theft under Florida law because there is evidence that he was authorized to drive the car and it was "commonly controlled." That is his interpretation or the interpretation of the NPPD lawyers, not mine.

The feds had no problem charging him under 1029 because the "access" comes from the bank. The bank is a third party that can say the access was unauthorized because the Card and PIN were not issued to Brian.

In my personal completely biased opinion, I think the feds ARE properly using the unauthorized access law (1029) but it shows why the statute is overly broad and bad IMO. You can charge under it when you couldn't charge theft. JMO
@Alethea thank you for taking the time to explain so much of this.

It was me. I called and spoke to a detective from NPPD and sent him the video in question. I also submitted it to the FBI online. I haven’t heard anything back but I may not hear anything. I firmly believe someone is walking into the trees, and from what another user was told the footage was taken before dawn. I tried sending it to JB and Walt from WFLA but I’m sure they’re getting a crap ton of messages.

did you record the raw footage yourself? Are we sure the helicopter footage is not edited?

I saw the video and it does look like a person with a sleeveless shirt on wearing a cowboy hat.

Why was BL... asking to go to Jackson? ...maybe he did want to go there...

the first time he wasn't sure she was going the right way..so hops out at Jackson Dam.. he wanted to go 191

then shortly later he is further down 191.. he must have gotten another ride to get to that point.

Then Norma Jean Stop asks Where does he want to go to ? Says Jackson again... she wasn't going that far? getting late so he says the campground as a 2nd choice.

Maybe he was planning of leaving the van right there. GP could have been outside for several days at that point...why take the chance of being in her van.... if she is found across the creek and he is inside the van...or traveling in the van.

Maybe Jackson was the nearest airport or place to rent a car and this was his first choice. At Colter Bay he was cleaned up and near empty backpack. There is a airport on 191 pass the campground about 20 miles but its called Jackson Hole Airport. ...JMO

I'm wondering if contact with parent happened...advise given...so the need for the attorney was as much for them as for BL.

Since we know BL was very upset going back into Merry Piglets as least 4 times to complain.... how bad could the bill be? Usually The Restaurant will side with the customer on things like that. This Seems more personal than a price of a margarita. JMO

I was wondering and digging around on this last night.
Jackson definitely would have given BL more options to leave. Via hitchhiking or bus. There are multiple busses that run along there to other camping areas. Including one to Yosemite. And several that go straight south (closer to the border).

I think he was trying to get as far away as possible and when that didn’t happen quickly he had to shift gears. Had he made it to Jackson he would have had a better shot at getting away without a trace IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX