Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....and I am going to go out on a limb and say if the Officers actually observed the account of Gabby as the victim they would have proceeded differently. Unfortunately they were not privy to that info and the video I watched was what They observed and she was not the victim in that instance.
They made a decision on the information they had at the time. They had no reference of the prior incidence .

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love LE. My siblings and I were under police protection for a year in the mid 70's and got to know a few very well. They took me to school, taught me how to play cards, etc. Even after my mom signed off on the protection and stopped it, they still came around to check on us.

However, I'm aware police do get it wrong sometimes. In Gabby's case they dropped the ball, sadly. IMO.

https://twitter.com/cbsdetroit/status/1441490666689859587?s=21

Gabby Petito Funeral Will Be Open To Public, Family Asks For Donations To Foundation

BLUE POINT, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – Funeral arrangements have been announced for Gabby Petito. The funeral will be held Sunday at Moloney’s Funeral Home in Holbrook, N.Y., and will be open to the public from noon until 5 p.m.

Petito’s family asked that, in lieu of flowers, donations be sent to the Future Gabby Petito Foundation through the Johnny Mac Foundation. For more information, CLICK HERE, or to donate, CLICK HERE.
The arrangements were announced as vigils were planned for Friday night, one in West Islip and another in Blue Point. Candles will be lit in driveways. The movement is called “Shine a light for Gabby.”

Meanwhile, search teams in Florida are again making their way through the vast Carlton Reserve in their search for her missing fiancé, Brian Laundrie.
“It’s hot. It’s wet out there. But they’re working really hard,” said North Port Police Commander Joe Fussell.

Gabby Petito Search: Timeline Of Road Trip With Fiancé Brian Laundrie, Notable

Thursday, a federal arrest warrant was issued for Laundrie. The charge is not over Petito’s death, which has been ruled a homicide. The warrant is for a charge over the use of a bank card, but it could be an indication that prosecutors are trying to make a bigger case against Laundrie.

“Well, the warrant doesn’t change anything for us. We’re working as hard to find him now as we did on day one,” Fussell said. “This is wearing on everyone. Everybody has a level of stress. Everybody has the drive, and that’s really what’s carrying us through, is the drive to try to find Brian and try to put closure to this investigation.”

The U.S. District Court in Wyoming issued the arrest warrant following a grand jury indictment.

It alleges Laundrie used a debit card and a PIN number that didn’t belong to him to make charges over $1,000 between Aug. 30 and Sept. 1.

The couple was documenting what appeared to be a fairytale cross country adventure, until she went missing and he went silent.

The search for Laundrie in the reserve has been challenging, Fussell said.

“We’re looking through wooded areas. We’re looking through bodies of water. We’re looking through swampy areas, and we’re deploying the resources to be able to do that,” Fussell added. “We’re deploying every resource to get through any terrain that we encounter in our search areas.”

Fussell said the Carlton Reserve search is based on intelligence they’ve developed.

I am surprised that FLIR has not "seen" him. I don't check often but occasionally and I don't see a plane or copter up at night.

Does anyone know the frequency of FLIR use?
Sarasota Sheriff's have flown at least two night loop patterns in that area. I (obviously) can't say for sure exactly what they were doing. For the record (I suppose, it's of little interest to most) I have found nothing that suggests they have a FLIR. They do, however, boast that their helicopter has a Wescam multi.

I was wondering and digging around on this last night.
Jackson definitely would have given BL more options to leave. Via hitchhiking or bus. There are multiple busses that run along there to other camping areas. Including one to Yosemite. And several that go straight south (closer to the border).

I think he was trying to get as far away as possible and when that didn’t happen quickly he had to shift gears. Had he made it to Jackson he would have had a better shot at getting away without a trace IMO.

THere's a direct bus that goes from Jackson to Yosemite? I don't think so. That would be something else (I'm a DE on TripAdvisor for a national park...if this were true, I do think all my fellow DE's would know about it too).

There's a bus that goes from Jackson to Yellowstone, but not to Yosemite. Indeed, Yosemite is closed to private bus traffic right now and one must be on YARTS (the Yosemite bus) to get into the park without a reservation (but must reserve a seat on that bus way way in advance). Yosemite is returning to normal operations this week - but heck, that would be one long long bus ride across the Great Basin and I just can't imagine many takers for it.

Anyway, all I can find is the regular bus route to SLC, then you can get public transport to Reno, and then to Yosemite's eastern gate by a concession shuttle from June Lake. It's not at all a direct option.

You might as well say you can get a bus to "anywhere" in the US from Jackson - sure. By going to SLC and then making connections to other big cities.

There are no buses at all that run to camping areas in Yosemite from Jackson (but the June Lake Shuttle stops at exactly one enormous campground at Tuolumne Meadow - which rarely has vacancies and is like living in a giant parking lot with trees). Very good view from across the highway, though.

I will say I find it particularly interesting that it was two men who called in to report the dv incident. They were concerned and did something about it. Maybe they weren’t 100% sure of what was happening but they saw enough to think something was amiss. I respect that. Immensely. Meanwhile, at a packed restaurant Gabby is allegedly crying inconsolably while her maniac boyfriend is raging in and out of the place - this according to the multiple women who've come forward about it now. I’m not saying they’re lying, but not one of them was concerned enough about Gabby to call in and report it, nor did they attempt to speak to her woman to woman. They knew it was her boyfriend though. They saw he was in an alleged manic state. They saw her crying. Why was it only concerning now, after the fact? I’m not blaming them. I’m just confused. Because it was a busy time of day for the restaurant and not one diner in the place thought anything of this proposed scene. So much for “if you see something, say something.”

/JMO… don’t hate me!
I think the difference with this incident though is that Brian was reportedly being aggressive towards staff and not Gabby. So maybe this could be the reason they didn't inform LE.

I wonder why the restaurant didn’t call the police on BL….if the couple were correct and he was acting aggressively toward the staff? Him inside berating waitress & hostess & Gabby outside, crying. Him leaving & returning 4 times!!!
I suppose that some day we will find out what Gabby was saying to family about trouble in the relationship. Sad

Some establishments will not make a phone call to the cops until there's threats or physical violent behavior. JMO

I don't know. Last time I felt this way was the day before I logged on and found out they'd identified "Lyle Stevick." Another time it was when they found Morgan Harrington's remains. It's not like regular anxiety. Very odd.

p.s. I don't think it's psychic or anything. Just picking up on moods. Or more likely coincidence.

You may be a highly sensitive empath.
(This is a compliment btw. )

Thanks. The transcript shows us that the caller didn't say that BL was chasing GP.
Correct, the word chase is not used. It does say ‘they ran up and down the sidewalk and he hit her some more”. What they viewed in this incident was BL being the aggressor, the one doing the hitting. I think whether he chased her or not is semantics.
MOO

I wonder if they find him if his parents will post bail.

Just to compare another case, Casey Anthony was charged with child neglect, making false statements and obstructing an investigation and the judge eventually set hers at $500,000. 2 more times after that she was arrested and charged with check fraud, ID fraud and petty theft posting another $500,000 bail and $1250 bail.

It will be very telling if anyone posts bail and takes responsibility of him while he is out. If it ever comes to this…

I have found nothing that suggests they have a FLIR. They do, however, boast that their helicopter has a Wescam multi.

yes from what iv read also they have a multicam on their helicopter i think they have a FLIR drone though ( or more than one ) its just a mount they can put on the drone

I spent all day at the Lake. Did I miss anything notable?

I'm so not familiar with cars and the technology, but I'm learning a LOT. Is it possible to mod something like his model like someone would with a car to make it have autostart - do you know what I mean? I may not be asking it properly.
If you're asking are there aftermarket GPS trackers, the answer is yes.

I love this! You will never be forgotten Gabby…

https://twitter.com/news12li/status/1441490091013070852?s=21

MISSING: The death of #GabbyPetito has brought increased focus to #MissingPersons cases across Long Island. News 12 hopes to highlight some of those stories in the future. Do you know of an active missing persons case? Tweet us, if you do!

I completely agree with this post and have a confession & a question.

When I watched the bodycam video I saw what I perceived to be a male DV victim and hysterical/unstable female perpetrator. I saw marks on his body and none on hers. Obviously I was wrong, for which I feel terrible, but hindsight is a thing.

My question is: what should I have seen? What did I miss (& not just me but experienced/trained police officers too!) I thought they’d handled the situation extremely well, but there’s old hindsight again.

RIP Gabby, I hope your family gets justice.

Things one might notice...

After LE takes Gabby to his vehicle, he comes back to BL and BL asks "Did you talk to Gabby?" as if he was trying to gage what he knew.

He seems nervous up until the point that he is told by the police that Gabby is seen as the aggressor, and then he laughs. He starts joking with the cops and completely relaxes. He's under the impression that his fiancé is about to be charged and he's joking around. He never advocated for her.

He never once asks if Gabby is okay. Will she be going somewhere safe for the night?

When Gabby is told she isn't being charged, she isn't relieved, she is still crying. The officer actually tells her to stop crying because there was no reason to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592