Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> I’m trying to figure out if BL and GP made a fire to cook some dinner and planned to sleep in the camper that night since it was down to about 60 degrees in the evening and 40 at night.

If he killed her the evening of the 27th, which I doubt, because in the van video where the door closes, it looks like her shoes are there, I think she was alone and that’s why she hid. Smart girl to not let strangers know you’re by yourself. She might have also been worried about talking to any one since he was so possessive.

Also, since BL drops off the map on the 28th, maybe he was psyching her out by staying away on the 27th evening but watching her from afar and he made the fire. Then he returns later that night, she’s furious, he kills her and takes off hiking/hitching rides before coming back for the van.

This is all speculation on my part. Thanks for reading.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to read this article but don’t have $50 to spend on it lol! Could you please summarize the results?

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/vio.2019.0005

Sorry, I forgot not everyone has the access that I have to academic journals. Basically, the most important takeaways are that 75% of homicides involve men killing other men, and that most of the rest are men killing women. Women are 9-10xs more likely to be killed by men than vice-versa.

I think it's too simple to say "he would have just broken up with her" clearly they were under the impression that fighting for one another was showing their love for one another. "Love is hard" and all that BS we believe as young people. I imagine they fought and he snapped. He was already furious after the restaurant incident, she may have embarrassed him by not backing him up, maybe she decided to call it quits and he snapped. Crime of passion and all that. I don't think he intended to do it, but that doesn't mean he didn't, and he's going to be hard-pressed to argue that after a federal manhunt. MOO

I agree with you 100% about your depiction of their endgame.

But, for the record (& your heart): It's not B.S.

I'm not surprised she was crying. It's mentally and emotionally exhausting walking on eggshells all the time.

We can see BL had a pattern of taking GP's things from her. He took her driver's license from her. He took her car keys from her. He took her phone from her. He took her car from her (and ultimately her life IMO). That's abuse. I'd cry too.

BL disparaged GP's abilities and her dreams. I'd cry too.

According to the friend, BL prevented GP from going out with friends and restricted her time out of the house because he was jealous. That's isolation and abuse.

I believe perhaps a social worker should accompany the LE in these situations. They could discuss the "Power and Control Wheel" and go from there.

Agree. At least a social worker to accompany the male LE. They had such deep biases when it comes to female behavior. (Sexism in the US is systemic too... IMO, having lived with it all these years.) In the report one of them said she was crying hysterically and never calm, crying the whole time, and she was not. They just assumed that or invented that for the report. They weren't even with her the whole time during that stop. For a while the female ranger was the only one talking to Gabby and during that time period she was calmer and talking. The crying should have indicated something to them, but not what it did, which was "hysterical female", something to be brushed off as "mental health" break needed.

Just such antiquated view of female behavior. I hope police training in Utah changes.

IMO

I do realize this is slightly off topic re: Gabby, but I saw this article today and it's heartbreaking how many missing person cases (1) don't get the level of attention they ALL deserve, and (2) go unsolved into perpetuity. Sad. We need to do better for all.

Nearly 700 Indigenous women have gone missing where Gabby Petito was found | cbs8.com

I noticed the same on FB. I wonder why that is. I wish I could remember how I first became aware of Gabbie. I know as soon I first learned of Gabbie I came here to WS. I knew I would learn everything from reading here.

It shows he knew how to access her phone.

Are the iPhones able to be set up to recognize more than one face to unlock? It was her phone so it should have been set up to unlock with her face. If it can only be one face then he has taken control of her access to to her phone. She could only use her phone with his consent and cooperation.
Who knows if it could be unlocked with more than one face? I don’t know.

Here is the amended arrest warrant. @ce4au spotted the error right away. I downloaded it from the public federal court docket through PACER. It should be available everywhere soon.

Attachments

• Amended Warrant BCL.pdf
    439.6 KB · Views: 111
(snipped for brevity)

Since we know BL was very upset going back into Merry Piglets as least 4 times to complain.... how bad could the bill be? Usually The Restaurant will side with the customer on things like that. This Seems more personal than a price of a margarita. JMO

Maybe the restaurant required shoes?

Prayers to both families. This situation has to be a nightmare for all involved, even BL. We don't know what happened. We know they were very attached. They apparently loved each other. We don't know what happened between them....a heated argument in a restaurant or a fight driving down the road does not assure me that he killed her. Also, maybe it was an accident? Personally, we don't have enough facts yet. Certainly enough to have suspicions. I wish healing energy for all in both families.

I have enough facts to not feel sorry for the Laundrie family one bit. There is this thing called Karma.

I'm not surprised she was crying. It's mentally and emotionally exhausting walking on eggshells all the time.

We can see BL had a pattern of taking GP's things from her. He took her driver's license from her. He took her car keys from her. He took her phone from her. He took her car from her (and ultimately her life IMO). That's abuse. I'd cry too.

BL disparaged GP's abilities and her dreams. I'd cry too.

According to the friend, BL prevented GP from going out with friends and restricted her time out of the house because he was jealous. That's isolation and abuse.

I believe perhaps a social worker should accompany the LE in these situations. They could discuss the "Power and Control Wheel" and go from there.

the addition of your putative social worker to the mix is the only chance, I think.

Unfortunately it would take time to change the protocols, including fixing some way so that the family of a social worker can’t sue the police or city if someone pulls a gun out in a purportedly ‘simple’ domestic and kills said social worker, which rate of likelihood is actually pretty high in domestic stops (turning violent), as has been discussed here before in the early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa