Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm imagine they know where the card was used and for what. I was surprised that he spent over $1000 from two accounts in 3 days though.

Three days later, on the 30th, Laundrie allegedly began the “unauthorized” use of a debt card. According to the FBI, the crime happened “following the death of Gabrielle Petito.”

The indictment alleges Laundrie illegally spent more than $1,000 from two accounts during a three-day period that ended Sept. 1, the day the Petito’s white van arrived back in Florida without her.

Brian Laundrie indictment reveals tragic timeline of the final days of Gabby Petito’s life
Is it possible to get cash back at checkout with credit card purchases like at Target or a grocery store?

I imagine he would stick out pretty easily in the Bahamas.

I vacationed in Freeport several years ago. Customs barely glanced at my u.s. driver's license and my birth certificate. I did not bring my marriage license (travel agent didn't mention that I would need it) so the name on my license did not match the name on birth certificate. It didn't get so much as a second glance. A couple of forged documents from someone on the run would most likely go undetected. IMO.

Even if you go ashore? You do not need a passport?

I don't think cruise liners are operating to the Bahamas at the moment.

Plus, all tourists entering the Bahamas need proof of a negative covid test taken no less than 72 hours before arrival.

Not to mention the sheer amount of money you'd need to stay there for a while. It's so expensive.

Mexico seems more likely on cost alone.

Last edited:
How long did GP live with BL in his parents' house? Will BL's parents go to GP's funeral?

I feel it's potentially another ruse.

He leaves his wallet - it doesn't mean he doesn't have money with him. Cash isn't traceable like cards are, therefore he has no need for his wallet, only the cash that was in it.

He leaves his phone - does he own just the one phone? Maybe he took a spare? Maybe he bought a burner phone? Maybe he bought a new sim card to use in an old phone handset he has?

I don't think we can read too much into leaving those items behind.

MOO

Mostly Harmless had no phone, credit cards or identification on him. He traveled over a year on the Appalachian trail with people and never divulged his real name. It took 2 years before his identity was revealed. Coming from Florida, I'm sure BL is well acquainted with the story and MH's success in flying under the radar. Of course, MH wasn't a POI and didn't have a huge police force tracking him down in life. For those unfamiliar with this story there's a thread here on WS and here's a link to the story that revealed his identity.

The Unsettling Truth About the ‘Mostly Harmless’ Hiker

My personal opinion is that BL's parents are neck deep in helping their son evade justice. I don't think he's in that preserve and I don't think he's committed suicide. The thing is, if he is without any kind of credit card, debit card and ID his money will eventually run out and then what?

Would it be fair to assume the feds have a stingray at the reserve? Could that be their intelligence? I just can't believe he hasn't been found.
I mentioned this yesterday. Looking at flight patterns over the reserve at night, a very precise straight line, back and forth pattern.

I'm in Virginia, recently LE used geo fencing to apprehend suspects of a bank robbery. I was very surprised how quickly the information was obtained.

Moo..

Glad you're still here, friend. Thanks for sharing your journey.
My post is not to detract from this discussion, but when I read the referenced post on suicide I could not help but comment that I am glad you are here and posting on WS.com.
Who could possibly be holding him?
Who would want to?
IMO Posted this before but BL has been helped by an insider to family, friend from past, friend from online prescence, or friend of a friend with cash payment involved to provide shelter from elements. <modsnip> My guess is he is hiding inside 4 walls with roof. Supplies possibly stocked it from an earlier camping trip. I think he may be the only one inside the structure by himself based on his known actions to date. <modsnip - no link> He has been gone 10 days. <modsnip - no sleuthing family>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly Harmless had no phone, credit cards or identification on him. He traveled over a year on the Appalachian trail with people and never divulged his real name. It took 2 years before his identity was revealed. Coming from Florida, I'm sure BL is well acquainted with the story and MH's success in flying under the radar. Of course, MH wasn't a POI and didn't have a huge police force tracking him down in life. For those unfamiliar with this story there's a thread here on WS and here's a link to the story that revealed his identity.

The Unsettling Truth About the ‘Mostly Harmless’ Hiker

My personal opinion is that BL's parents are neck deep in helping their son evade justice. I don't think he's in that preserve and I don't think he's committed suicide. The thing is, if he is without any kind of credit card, debit card and ID his money will eventually run out and then what?

How apt.
"SOMETIMES THE MOST alluring stories we tell are the ones with the details left out. Objects and faces can be prettier in the half light. We see a faint shape and we add the lines and shadows we want. We hear one part of a story and add another part that we hope might be true."

IIRC, the former FBI agent that Brian Entin interviewed last night said the feds would have been able to get warrants for the parents’ cellphones, so any “new” numbers incoming to those phones will be combed over. There’s the possibility that they may have a burner phone for contacting him as well. I wonder if the Laundries house is bugged. MOO.

And LE wouldn't be able to monitor any of the attorney's communications including any with burner phones. So hypothetically, if Brian has a burner phone, he can pass messages to his parents via the attorney. At this point because there's an arrest warrant, the attorney and Brian are probably not directly communicating. They could have been prior to the warrant.

It's possible the parents could have a burner phone that physically sits in the attorney's office and the parents use it there and only there to communicate with Brian, and the attorney ensures he is not present. Brian and his parents chat, then the parents consult with the attorney. The attorney can claim to have no knowledge of these communications...the attorney can simply frame it as holding on to property for the parents. Literally putting the phone in a box, and not opening the box. The attoney can claim he is not in communication with Brian and has no knowledge of how to.

The parents can also access the internet from the attorney's office and use pre-established or throw away encrypted email accounts to send messages to each other. If Brian and his parents created a throw away email account ahead of time, they could communicate by simply saving messages in the drafts folder and there wouldn't be anything to trace. There are so many ways the parents and Brian can communicate while also staying just barely inside the letter of the law, and with some involvement of the attorney, who himself is on the very edge of legal but shady. They could have planned this out well ahead of time. They had such a long head start.

all just my opinion and conjecture

Even if you go ashore? You do not need a passport?
Yes, "closed loop" cruises (those that begin/end in the same US port) do not require passports. You do need a government-issued photo ID, though. I think the only port options for cruise travelers without a passport are Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda (but I wouldn't swear to that). Also, each cruise line might have slightly different passport requirements. I personally would never cruise without a passport, but it is possible.

Cruise Ship Passengers

How would he get in there. The Bahamas is a sovereign state with a background of British rule. They would have strict entry requirements. I would be surprised if BL even had a passport.
The Bahamas...yes I doubt he could enter Freeport or Nassau.

However, other islands? Maybe. Years ago, I spent several vacations in the outer islands... Abaco in particular. Most of that island is uninhabited, and there are so many little cays offshore, with small towns and settlements.

I remember flying there in a 6 seater, and thinking how remote it all seemed....and seeing sunken small planes (drug runners), and boats hidden away in those clear waters.
It wouldn't be impossible enter unseen somewhere on those outer islands.

But how to get there in the first place? Bribe a fisherman, or a small private charter who take out people to fish? private plane...who knows?

I can't even guess at the moment....I vacillate between him being dead in the reserve, or alive and hiding out who knows where.

I just hope he is found one way or another....for Gabby's family's sake. Not knowing would be more unbearable than it already is for them.

I don't know, maybe GP was strictly by the books, but BL clearly doesn't mind breaking the law. My view is they were 22 and 23 year olds living out of a van. I just don't think they were overly worried about park regulations and bears. Jmo.
That’s why I speculated the campfire was for cooking their meal the evening of the 27th or to keep him warm while he watched from afar. That fire was not 2 feet from where her stepdad made the cross and left flowers.

How long did GP live with BL in his parents' house? Will BL's parents go to GP's funeral?

Gabby lived with BL's parents for approximately 2 years.

NO WAY EVER will BL's parents go the her funeral! They didn't even reply to the calls and texts from Gabby's worried Mom & Dad.

BL's parents don't give a care in the world about Gabby, and I should think they are the LAST people Gabby's Mom & Dad want at their daughter's funeral!!

The horror at just the thought of it!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members