Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think he is alive. They just left yesterday to go wherever ( lawyer ) If they thought their son was dead they wouldn't worry so much about it. I want to also remind everyone that his parents told LE that he was going for a hike in that same area where they are searching. THEY are protecting him, there is no way they will send LE to his location. IMO

Last edited:
That requirement suggests you go on closed loop cruises where the cruise begins and ends in the same US port. If you take a repositioning cruise or a transatlantic and disembark in lets say, Canada or Italy you need a passport.

BL could take a closed loop cruise and intentionally not return to the ship in a foreign port, though.
But, there would still be traceable ID if he did that.
On any type of cruise.
LE would know if he boarded.
May not know when or where he did not get back on but would know when he boarded and would be following that trail, I would think.
JMO

I had read about him and found his story both fascinating and sad. The difference I feel though is that he seemed likable and bonded with other travelers although he was private about his life and history. He seemed a little more well balanced and easier to relate to than BL does so he was able to fly under the radar a little better than I feel BL would be able to. MOO
Agreed fascinating and sad. To me it seemed that Mostly Harmless was able to become somewhat of a different person on the AT. Maybe because no one knew him outside of there, maybe because the excercise and outdoors really changed his mental state for the better who knows. But I agree I think it would be hard for BL to be that at ease. He has to realize people will be looking for him and he would come across as guarded maybe even paranoid to others if I had to guess.

Funny, I’m the opposite. I think if he’s in the swamp, he’s dead. But if he was I’d think they’d have found him by now. How well would you hide yourself just to kill yourself‍♀️.

But if he’s not there he’s alive. And now that I’m thinking that the “evidence” could have been staged & doled out to LE over time to keep them there.

Evidence like an empty gun case in the Mustang, he left with backpack & said he was going hiking, left with no phone or wallet, didn’t come home for 3 days. And likely much more that we don’t know is driving the search at the swamp.

So, either is possible but the longer it goes on the less I think he’s dead. Course I’m also exhausted & falling asleep so….

Dead. As time passes, am getting more and more sceptical that's he's still alive.

I have a theory I haven't seen mentioned. I'm thinking that when BL went home to move her stuff that maybe his parents convinced him to go back and finish the trip with GP. Maybe he was trying to remove himself, but they didn't want her finishing the trip alone. It could explain why they would try to help him and cover for him if they feel like it is their fault. Just a thought. It's all speculation, of course.

I think if they had any concern for Gabby they could have simply called her parents and explained that they'd broken up and she was alone. I'm sure her parents would have gone to help her.

Personally, I think he is alive. They just left yesterday to go wherever ( lawyer ) If they thought their son was dead they wouldn't worry so much about it. I want to also remind everyone that his parents told LE that he was going for a hike in that same area where they are searching. THEY are protecting him, there is no way they will send LE to his location.
YES!!!
And have there been ANY Pleas for help in finding their son??
If my child was missing, I would be pleading with the world to help find them.
Nope--- no concern at all, no pleas to the public to please help find their missing son.
why ??
Because they KNOW.
JMO

MOO
I wonder if they found fibers where the trees are marked (maybe from BL’s hammock)? It looks to me like there was a small fire and maybe the hammock in that little grove where the cross was placed where she was found.

Yes, it looks like a perfect spot for a hammock. Also, that pile of rocks with the one with the black chip in it. I'm wondering if this could have possibly been where she might have hit her head after he may have pushed her. There is orange splattered all through them.

Agreed fascinating and sad. To me it seemed that Mostly Harmless was able to become somewhat of a different person on the AT. Maybe because no one knew him outside of there, maybe because the excercise and outdoors really changed his mental state for the better who knows. But I agree I think it would be hard for BL to be that at ease. He has to realize people will be looking for him and he would come across as guarded maybe even paranoid to others if I had to guess.
Plus he allegedly had "episodes" which would be alarming and off-putting to others around him. Word travels and I think people would steer clear of him when word got around that he was somewhat odd.

Yes, it looks like a perfect spot for a hammock. Also, that pile of rocks with the one with the black chip in it. I'm wondering if this could have possibly been where she might have hit her head after he may have pushed her. There is orange splattered all through them.

most campers use hammocks that attach to trees with cord/belts and not holes. They are definitely
Marked by LE and I am also so curious as to why. It wouldn’t likely be blood because they would take that back to the lab and also the paint would
Contaminate it. So curious

That's fine unless something requires you to cut your cruise short and fly home, in which case you'd need a real passport, strongly recommend having one regardless of minimum requirements.

Yep, those drunk people you see running down the pier as the boat leaves port are always kicking themselves for thinking a passport was unnecessary. :D You could get in an accident, have a heart attack, etc.; the ship isn't waiting for you.

I have a theory I haven't seen mentioned. I'm thinking that when BL went home to move her stuff that maybe his parents convinced him to go back and finish the trip with GP. Maybe he was trying to remove himself, but they didn't want her finishing the trip alone. It could explain why they would try to help him and cover for him if they feel like it is their fault. Just a thought. It's all speculation, of course.
No, I cannot accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member