Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed fascinating and sad. To me it seemed that Mostly Harmless was able to become somewhat of a different person on the AT. Maybe because no one knew him outside of there, maybe because the excercise and outdoors really changed his mental state for the better who knows. But I agree I think it would be hard for BL to be that at ease. He has to realize people will be looking for him and he would come across as guarded maybe even paranoid to others if I had to guess.
BL won't come across as likeable on the AT. IMO. Big strike against him.

I just don't see Brian as a sort of McCandless/Kazinski type, living off the forest, off the grid, all alone, month after year.. communing with the 'outdoors'.. polishing his manifesto.

I see him more as a sort of mickey mouse camper, in the vid clips, she is even undoing his granola packet for him, while he does 'yoga'...

Why were BL's parents wandering around in a public library for 30 minutes?

Maybe they saw the unmarked vehicles following them and decided to go into a public place that had other patrons inside to see if they would be followed into the building or if the cars would wait for them outside. When agents came into the library and stood in the aisles close to them that answered the parents' question and also delivered a strong message from the feds.
No matter where the parents go, they will be followed and there won't be any attempt to hide their surveillance. Putting the pressure on for sure. IMO.

What is so suspicious about visiting the library? Isn't it more like anything they do outside of their home is suspicious and worthy of criticism?
Well I'm not sure but I dont see many people just walk into a library in the middle of a crisis meaning their son is missing an had a price on his head and his fiance is murdered but hey, what the heck let's just go a stand in the middle of the library for 30 minutes and then leave ......could be a thing I guess!

On BL taking a boat to the Bahamas, watch some of the "Sailing Doodles" videos on YouTube (maybe NSFW). I think you can anchor off shore and just use a smaller boat or swim to the beach of various Caribbean islands without immediate monitoring.

Just waking up here. Am I correct that nothing at all has happened? Gun shots claimed heard but no sign of anything having happened?

edited after - now I see the library thing too- odd

I think if they had any concern for Gabby they could have simply called her parents and explained that they'd broken up and she was alone. I'm sure her parents would have gone to help her.
I'm sure her parents would have helped. But she didn't ask them to come help her, so maybe she asked his parents not to cause them concern by calling them. Being a parent of adults can be hard. You have to try to do what's best without overstepping. Of course hindsight is 20/20, but if they did convince him to go back, I'm sure they thought it would be fine.

That being said, if he was hearing voices and they were having these fights when they lived at home, then they should have done something to try to get him help. Hearing voices is not something you wait to see if it will get better.

What is so suspicious about visiting the library? Isn't it more like anything they do outside of their home is suspicious and worthy of criticism?

It isn’t weird that they visited a library, but why visit one over 2 hours away from your house and not even look at anything there? Maybe they were killing time but it seems odd they were voluntarily out and about in a visible public space considering up until now they’ve pretty much been holed up inside their house. It’s a weird deviation from their pattern of behavior over the last week or so IMO.

Their lawyer is a dog trying to figure out how many bones he can get in his mouth. This is shaping up to be a potential media circus at trial and just his willingness to fly in for a 30 minute meeting tells me he's got a vested interest in the case. Lawyers dream about these kinds of cases. Unfortunately, until now, he's done his clients more harm than good. BL and his family are being publicly pilloried and vilified. That's the lawyer's fault. They're acting on his advice. His job is to drum up sympathy and mollify the vitriol. Not only has he advised them to remain silent - HE'S remained basically silent! There are so many things wrong with his representation that he may face discipline from the bar at a later date.
If I recall, that's what was said about Jose Bias. Everyone got a shock!

Well I'm not sure but I dont see many people just walk into a library in the middle of a crisis meaning their son is missing an had a price on his head and his fiance is murdered but hey, what the heck let's just go a stand in the middle of the library for 30 minutes and then leave ......could be a thing I guess!

To distract everyone watching them while someone else does something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members