Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the parents really need to explain why their lawyer initially said they brought the Mustang home from the reserve on Thursday (after leaving it overnight Wednesday when they found the note), but there is a photo of the Mustang in front of their garage on Wednesday (not there on Tuesday).

I've never heard of getting a passport in one day. Even 30+ years ago mine took longer than that (Weeks, not months) . Regardless, COVID has slowed processing down quite a bit. I doubt BL could get a quickie legit passport. A fake one, no telling.
JMO
yup. around 10 years ago it took a month from when i turned all the stuff in. now renewal time and they say 3 to 4 months but the $60 expedited charge is required to get best turn around.

Gabby Petito Case Update: Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Is Alive, Shares Possible Location (ibtimes.com)
[...]

“He is out in the wilderness, I promise you,” Rose Davis, 21, who identifies as Petito’s best friend, told People. “He’s out there. He is. If he’s alive, he’s out there, camping out...he lived in the Appalachians by himself for months.”

Davis’ comments come after a former co-worker of Laundrie’s spoke out to share that he had previously bragged about his ability to survive on barely anything while camping out.

“In conversation about hiking...Brian talked about the longest time that he spent in the woods was 6 weeks and bragged about only having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to sustain him for that time,” the co-worker said. “He is well versed in spending a long time in the woods and living off nearly nothing.”

[...]
Yeah, well a thousand bucks buys a lot of cheese and peanut butter crackers. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering why the Moloney Family Funeral Home is listing Gabby's date of death as September 19, 2021. We know that's not accurate. But what could be the significance of that date that they use it this way? (In two separate occasions.)
https://www.moloneyfh.com/obituary/?first-name=&last-name=Petito&obit-search=true

People.

People.

Not everything is a coded message sent from the FBI via a local funeral home.

It's literally just the date she was found deceased by searchers.

If Brian left his phone at home (they said he didn’t take a phone so I assume they have possession of it to know that, or have traced and found it), could that be the ‘intelligence’ that led them to the reserve? Google searches about entry points, about how to kill oneself etc? Because if so, and if he knowingly left this phone to be retrieved, I would assume that was planted information intended to mislead investigators. I’m sure the investigators consider that too. The intelligence they have, even if texts or pings about that location could easily be planted to mislead them. But they’re pretty much required to follow-up on the most plausible intelligence.

I actually think Brian is smarter than some of y’all are giving him credit for. I don’t personally believe the murder was a masterminded criminal plan. I think he was probably very upset that Gabby died at his hands. But then, when put under pressure, I think he got his *advertiser censored* together and formulated a plan, and as a true crime/satirical horror fan, I think he had some ideas about how to finagle his way out of this without a clear trace. Jumped into action, so to speak. I think the attention just increases his adrenaline and makes him feel powerful and good at evading, which hopefully will lead to careless mistakes and ego that will help with catching him down the line. Once things calm down. I do think he probably was initially devastated by what happened, but now it is not “about Gabby” for him anymore, now it is “about the chase”. And in the midst of this intensity, I’m sure if he is alive and covering his tracks, he’s being very manipulatively thoughtful about how to do so. It won’t be until things settle down that he feels confident in coming out and about and that’s when he’ll be caught.

Last edited:
Good morning. Here for Gabby.
11044763_092421-wabc-petito-funeral-img.jpg

I think the parents really need to explain why their lawyer initially said they brought the Mustang home from the reserve on Thursday (after leaving it overnight Wednesday when they found the note), but there is a photo of the Mustang in front of their garage on Wednesday (not there on Tuesday).
Not an excuse because accurately accounting for dates (and the added degree of making them public) is critical in events like this, but if my son was missing and I was worried sick over his mental health I doubt I’d be able to accurately recall my Tuesday from Thursday. /jmo

MOO

I’d feel a trace inhibited googling ANYTHING with a FBI agent peeking over my shoulder.

My guess is that they had an appointment in Orlando, arrived early, and popped into the library to take advantage of a place with restrooms, air conditioning, and an atmosphere where people will get in trouble for yelling questions at them.

Then, after a half hour, they went on to their appointment nearby.

All MOO
Yes, library pitstop was probably just to while away time or stretch for a bit before going to the attorney. They could use the internet with total privacy (and protected from LE surveillance, search, discovery) at the attorney’s office so I don’t think they were doing any secret squirrel stuff at the library.
Just my opinion

MOO

I’d feel a trace inhibited googling ANYTHING with a FBI agent peeking over my shoulder.

My guess is that they had an appointment in Orlando, arrived early, and popped into the library to take advantage of a place with restrooms, air conditioning, and an atmosphere where people will get in trouble for yelling questions at them.

Then, after a half hour, they went on to their appointment nearby.

All MOO
Yes, library pitstop was probably just to while away time or stretch for a bit before going to the attorney. They could use the internet with total privacy (and protected from LE surveillance, search, discovery) at the attorney’s office so I don’t think they were doing any secret squirrel stuff at the library.
Just my opinion

I'll preface this by saying I live on an island, ferry is our only means of without an ID., to fly to the mainland requires an ID. Are there any ferry services around BL's home? Could he hide in a car trunk?
My friend always said if he wanted to commit a crime he'd leave the island , then return in a disguise, commit the crime, leave again in disguise and then return as himself. Yes, that's a lot of planning but could water travel be an option for BL?

Sadly, it does appear to be a missed opportunity to help Gabby, but wasn't helping herself. She was instead blaming herself. In one moment she explained that she kept apologizing to him for her own behavior.

What a circle of abuse she seemed to be trapped in. Blaming herself, apologizing to him, making excuses why she was in a bad mood, minimizing the entire situation. Just a terrible place to be.

She probably didn't even know she was trapped, rather than voluntarily on a vanlife adventure, he was working her psychologically, long before that trip began, twisting her mind up.
Was it being in crowded areas like the Cafe and Merry Piglets that set off BL becoming irritated or was it just a glimpse into what GP lived everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500