Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE asks GP why she hit BL, it's like her eyes are begging the cop for help, but she's too scared to say the truth.
She was in fear for her relationship, for her business, for her life. Somehow her saying "why are you so mean" to him, one hour later became "sometimes I am mean". She was terrified what he would do to her later.

After watching that encounter various times, the most important sentence he said jumped off the page...." I gave her time... " So, who the crzp is HE to give HER time? Her van, her business, she was the heart of that duo. Yet by that time in their trip he was in charge of her van, her phone, her computer time, up to and including whether or not she could enter her own van as her locked her out and tried to abandon her on the street. And he was purposely dirty just to show he could do what he wanted, because it would hurt her "LITTLE vlog"

Listen to that tape again....he admits to threatening her with a public scene in Moab.

Just watch the film without sound. How very creepy, the camera frequently catches him laughing, head tilted back with his whole set of teeth showing from the inside. That was not "smiling" that was chortling, braying like a donkey. (Nothing against donkeys).

Now zoom forward, resume sound, and watch the last part where he is nearly berserk in the back seat of the squad car, unbroken stupid things pouring from that bizarro. The cop, while reassuring Brian that there are women like that in his own family, finally in frustration breaks into BL's manic monologue to say, hey you're not in handcuffs are you?

Last edited:
As hard it is to watch and knowing now she wasn't going to live much longer, I understand how you feel. IMO LE did the best that they could do under the circumstances, at best they didn't inflame the situation more than it already was.

Gabby was in danger before that traffic stop, she was unable to help herself at that time. She was in some sort of denial of how bad things were or how bad they would become.

My own heart breaks knowing she had to endure the last moment of her life looking at the man she loved killing (imo) her. That is the tragedy of it all, she died regardless of what she did and said in a violent way at his hands.
I believe they did inflame the situation. They handed BL more power by assigning the victim label to him. One more bad act he could use to send her on another distorted guilt ridden trip.

I have wondered if he didn’t shove Gabby hard and she fell backwards and hit her head. But instead of calling for help, he turned and ran.

I hope he didn’t shoot her.

As far as Dog goes, if he can find him with the connections he has then he should go for it. The more people the better chance of him being found if everyone keeps looking.

Gabby's death has been ruled a homicide, homicidal violence, not accidental, not suicidal, and not natural causes. This is a factual diagnosis by the ME not me. It can't be twisted, fitted into a different idea or thought.

Gabby died by homicidal means, we just don't know the cause, shooting, stabbing, strangulation, blunt force trauma. The country, possibly the world is watching out to find the POI (suspect) who is BL!!!!

She was in fear for her relationship, for her business, for her life. Somehow her saying "why are you so mean" to him, one hour later became "sometimes I am mean". She was terrified what he would do to her later.

After watching that encounter various times, the most important sentence he said jumped off the page...." I gave her time.... So, who the crzp is HE to give HER time? Her van, her business, she was the heart of that duo. Yet by that time in their trip he was in charge of her van, her phone, her computer time, up to and including whether or not she could enter her own van as her locked her out and tried to abandon her on the street.

Listen to that tape again....he admits to threatening her with a public scene in Moab.

Just watch the film without sound. How very creepy, the camera frequently catches him laughing, head tilted back with his whole set of teeth showing from the inside. That was not "smiling" that was chortling, braying like a donkey. (Nothing against donkeys).

Now zoom forward, resume sound, and watch the last part where he is nearly berserk in the back seat of the squad car, unbroken stupid things pouring from that bizarro. The cop, before reassuring Brian that there are women like that in his own family, finally in frustration breaks into BL's manic monologue to say, hey you're not in handcuffs are you?

In the body cam video during the DV police stop, Gabby stated they don’t drink alcohol at all.

edit: sorry. I’m new. I replied to the wrong comment.

Emptying out the storage unit really bothers me. Who planned that and why? For some reason I’m getting a feeling that BL family might not of been that fond of Gabby. I would of been hysterical if she was my future daughter in law that lived with me for 2 years. But the L family just rode bikes, didn’t answer calls and acted like normal.Really cold hearted IMOO

I believe they did inflame the situation. They handed BL more power by assigning the victim label to him. One more bad act he could use to send her on another distorted guilt ridden trip.

I respectfully disagree. He got to sleep in a cushy bed that night, Gabby didn't (and she was the victim). Inflaming the situation would have been arresting one or both of them. They were warned, BL wasn't even cited for his speeding on that road. Gabby was given another day to live and to possibly do some soul searching.

What happened at that stop didn't cause Gabby to be killed a week and half later, that's all BL. There is no rational reason to blame the police stopping them. Gabby wasn't able to help herself and that was an opportunity in that moment to do that, but she didn't or wasn't willing to help herself. I wish she had the courage to get away from him that day.

I stand by my own words on this. He was a powder keg just waiting to explode on her and he finally did.

Agree. I would say I am shocked about cremation, but this whole case is so strange, it seems par for the course. MOO

MOO: Gabby may have had strong views on cremation vs burial. Lots of young people do. If she did, those should be honored regardless of how she passed, if at all possible. The only way I wouldn’t honor a loved one’s feelings on this topic is if I strongly felt they were a homocide victim and an autopsy did not come to the same conclusion. I’d want to preserve the option for another autopsy in the future. In this case, the autopsy did say she was a homocide victim so I think proceeding with cremation is probably ok. I’m sure it wasn’t a decision they made without LE input.

I

this is dated Sept 15th, he ordered her pizza on the 21st IIRC

Hurricane level winds knocked down lines leaving over 150,000 people in northern Utah without power. In Oregon and California, power was shut off as a last resort to prevent potentially severed power lines from sparking wildfires. Last month, a heat wave led to rolling blackouts across California.
August 22, actually... See below directly from earlier link. When were the SLC power outages?

Attachments

• SLC Smoke.JPG
    SLC Smoke.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 29
Just an FYI, but how many times has a body been exhumed during a murder trial? Not very often, in fact very rarely. Even when they don't initially have a suspect, they don't exhume the body for the defense. I would guess that means before the body is released they have ample evidence for tests to be performed by any defense team.

@lauraingle
I have confirmed Gabby Petito’s remains have not been released by the FBI to her family & are still in Wyoming. It was a difficult decision to return to NY without her, but with the uncertainty of FBI timing, the family felt it was important to grieve together and hold memorial.

The father & stepfather of Gabby Petito will eulogize her today at a memorial service & celebration of life on Long Island. Joe Petito & Jim Schmidtt are expected to speak between 12p-1p EST & can be seen here on this link https://vimeo.com/614841736

https://twitter.com/lauraingle/status/1442130555240423426?s=20

I’m taking everything the neighbors say with a grain of salt (ex. bike rides and camping). I had a neighbor of mine murdered by her husband many years ago and remember seeing how our other neighbors acted on the news, exaggerating and lying just to be part of the media action. JMO

Emptying out the storage unit really bothers me. Who planned that and why? For some reason I’m getting a feeling that BL family might not of been that fond of Gabby. I would of been hysterical if she was my future daughter in law that lived with me for 2 years. But the L family just rode bikes, didn’t answer calls and acted like normal.Really cold hearted IMOO
same here, and what came out .... has it been searched . if items were removed where are they at the home ?

In the body cam video during the DV police stop, Gabby stated they don’t drink alcohol at all.

edit: sorry. I’m new. I replied to the wrong comment.

But, I know of one eye witness that saw him at a bar in West Yellowstone drinking. So this obviously wasn’t true if the eye witness statement is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer